Does Veeky Forums like sugar in their grits?

Does Veeky Forums like sugar in their grits?

No, I like shrimp in them. The south got something right for once.

Salt, pepper, butter. Nothing else unless sausage, bacon, or shrimp are available.

Grits are nasty af DESU. If you're putting sugar in them, just make cream of wheat.

Nah.

No. Butter and salt only. Ever. For breakfast. Only.

Yes, because chili on spaghetti and 'go 'za are so much better than southern cuisine.

Sometimes.

I was referring to the cuisine in general. Forgive me for not being clear.

>for once
Southern cuisine is amazing and almost every dish is something the South got right.

>Putting sugar in grits

My parents do it for breakfast idk

No
Grits are for more savory applications and go better with things like shrimp, gouda cheese, old bay, etc in them
Polenta, however does better with sweetness and benefits from the addition of syrup and maybe some sort of toasted seed or nut
Butter included in both, obviously

Adding sugar to grits is like setting your dick under an unseasoned cast iron skillet on an electric stove top set to high.

>consuming the glutinous jew

>not in grits
>yes in polenta

uh.. they are the same thing... (i know you'll disagree and argue, but they are the exact same thing regardless of what you think)

>grits are too savory

savory and sweet and savory and salty and savory and sweet and salty all go together though!??!? what the fuck are you talking about?

My dad grew up in the "Deep south" and he always adds sugar to his grits. I do it sometimes. its pretty tasty.

I usually just go with butter, but if there is some bacon on the plate i'll chop it up real fine and throw that and some sugar in my grits. that's good eatin.

I will eat sweet grits on occasion, but I never feel good about it.

Salt and butter is the way to go. Cheese optional. Chop some green onion onto it on occasion, it's very refreshing.

And don't forget my biscuits and gravy.

Does anybody else just dump tons of black pepper into their grits?

I will put real maple syrup in it, but I prefer it savory. Anyone ever put semen in theirs?

I'm a europoor and i've never eaten grits.
Tell me, how close are they to polenta?
Because i love polenta

Looks to be quite literally the same, besides a few differences in preparation.

that is excellent news my american friend, thank you.

Polenta is just grits that pretentious faggots will eat because it's not associated with poor Southerners.

>When the corn is ground, the coarser particles become grits, while finer granules are used for polenta.

They're different.

fuck off retard

>mfw shrimp gumbo and fried grits

You sound cute user. You take it up the ass?

I like sugar in them as a midnight snack. Breakfast has to be butter and salt though

>grits
>as a midnight snack

And no, I don't take it up the butt but my boyfriend does.

When youre hungry and trying to go back to sleep logic doesnt apply.

Don't eat grits, but heavy cream + salt in my oatmeal

>for once

>implying food in the south isnt objectively better
>implying people in the south arent more based
>implying the confederates werent the good guys
>implying yankees dont constantly argue about which trashy pizza is better than the other or which cold depressing miserable shithole is better than the other
I just noticed someone already made fun of them for putting chili on pasta and calling that a dish to be proud of though. Yankees are absolutely fucking bonkers.

>implying you know how to read reply chains
>implying southerners are intelligent enough to properly navigate Veeky Forums

what taste does cream give to oatmeal?

It gives it a buttery, mild savory/sweet taste without being greasy

maple syrup in grits is GOAT.

>1 part grits
>2 parts veg stock to one part whole milk/1 part half and half
>bring liquid to a boil, salt liberally, pour in grits and stir
>hot sauce to taste
>maple syrup to taste
>goat cheese or other soft ripened cheese
>salt/pepper to taste

literally the perfect grits.

grits are made from "hominy" corn, while polenta is made from "flint" corn. they're both coarsely ground corn derivatives, but polenta (flint corn) has more of a bite to it.