Anyone else tried putting mayo in their guac?

Anyone else tried putting mayo in their guac?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/guacamole-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not white enough to enjoy that, so no.

I put olive oil in it. Seems to not go brown as quickly in the fridge.

wtf is the top right? guac powder?

garlic powder

what's wrong with using fresh garlic?

Lime, JalapeƱo, Salt and Red Onion are the only acceptable ingredients in proper guac.

>too lazy to puree or at least finely mash the guac'

i put tomatoes in mine :)

is this tweet a reference to this one?

>Add cottage cheese as filler to get more guac
>It actually tastes really good.

I Think I discovered something guys.

I prefer serranos and some tomatoes in it. But that it a solid standard recipe. Also why shiuld people get advice from a uk twitter on how to make guacamole?

If you are lookng for an avocado sauce for ex pic related. Use avocado and mevican crema or even milk to thin it out. Add salt. This sauce is supposed to taste kinds bland as it is meant to cool the spiciness from a hot salsa and meld all the flavors.

have you tried adding pomegranate and walnut?

Chili powder, in guac, why? Its not suppose to be spicy.

It can be whatever the FUCK you want it to be, user.

acting like mayo is for white people is pretty dumb

mayo is a fatty dressing. people from all kinds of places like fatty dressings.

>not supposed to be

truly the most annoying attitude to have about food

>put fatty dressing in your fatty dressing

OK

Has anyone tried putting ranch on plantains?

i'll make it however i want, fag

but the egg and oil emulsion that is mayo is preferred by whites
it's not a huge deal man
I'm sure you wouldn't contest if you saw someone say kool-aid pickles are for black people
or mole on toast is for mexicans

I put harrisa in mine
turned out great

>no cilantro
nigga you done fucked up

Holy fuck guys

It's called an Aioli

>guac
is there one food left that isn't named with babytalk retarded nickname these days?

>guacoli

>but the egg and oil emulsion that is mayo is preferred by whites

not really

mayo specifically is popular among all kinds of ethnicities

Why would you put Majonez in the gulag? There's not much food in there.

>not guacaioli
>or even guacamoli
are you even trying?

give me the guac and no one gets hurt!

This, I'm black and mayo is fucking awesome. Most black people like mayo just not straight up, mostly in cold salads.

jeb's campaign ruined guac for me forever

no they dont. you ever stand in back of a fat black lady ordering fast food? no mayo is always the first thing out of their fat mouths. then they ask for ranch dressing.

ITT: people who dont know how to guac

Replace jalapenos with habaneros.

ranch is a mayonnaise based dressing.

guac is a lot better without garlic period. the best guac is simple guac, im telling you. little minced onion, salt, pepper, dash of curry power and lime juice. thats all.

its guava powder not garlic powder

either that or the generic guacamole seasoning packet you buy at the store

>best guac is simple guac
>proceeds to overcomplicate it

Jesus people: mashed avocado with salt, lime juice, and cilantro.

just because you are fucking lazy and like to excuse it as "minimalism" doesn't mean its the best

i like altons recipe

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/guacamole-recipe.html

a tiny bit of fresh garlic and some smoked paprika along with the lime and salt and lots of coarse pepper is my GOAT guac, though i do leave out the garlic sometimes.

>a tbsp of minced onion
>overcomplicated

ok.

has nothing to do with being lazy. it tastes better. get over it.
>tomatoes and jalepenos and onion and garlic

yeah okay throw a can of ro-tel in there and call it avocado queso dip! jesus can you even tell there's avocado in it after you add all this shit

smoked paprika seems like a really good idea, I'll try a pinch of that next time.

>two roma tomatoes is a lot

i went through a phase of putting smoked paprika in almost everything and guac is one of the few applications which really stuck. it's a perfect compliment IMO

Tell me right now that most black people don't like shit like potato salad, and I'll call you a fucking lier.

There's not enough fat in the avacados, so - add some more. Ok.

Some disgusting ass mongrel made guac wiht mayo here a couple months ago and it looked fucking disgusting

>British people in charge of making mexican food

>curry powder

POO
IN
GUAC

What do you even use guacamole for?
I'm from a country where it's less than common.

Yeah, I do it because avocado is more expensive.

I add peas and mayo to reduce the amount of avocado, since I'm allergic to it.

Very sad desu

you know what I like in my guac? I just fucking love me some extra water and acid in every bite mmmm, hot damn

no reason for there to be tomatoes in guac. I've had all kinds of guac and I'm telling you the kind with tomatoes and all that flavor destroying shit just makes it not as good. I'm not even saying it tastes BAD, it's just not as good. think about it, you have all those tomatoes full of liquid, then onion, then garlic, then cumin, then jalepenos

how are you supposed to enjoy the delicious mild flavor of the avocado with all that

good on a lot of sandwiches as a spread but its probably more commonly used as just a kind of chip dip with tortilla chips

Original and best guac: avocado, tomato, onion, Serrano, Green lemon, cilantro, salt and pepper. Add olive oil to preserve it for longer /thread

Only thing I put in my guac is a little salt and lime juice. No onion, no tomato, no garlic, no peppers...

I want to taste that fresh Hass I picked off my tree, damn it.

>What do you even use guacamole for?

Usually it's used as a dip for tortilla chips or a topping for tacos and such. It is, however, good on a lot of other things. A turkey sandwich is massively improved with guac or even just mashed avocado.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>curry powder
>onion
>pepper

FUCK YOU.

I don't see the problem

if it makes you feel any better its only a very small pinch

Tried mayo but actually I like it better with a little cream instead.

thats like saying only black people like watermelon or 'mexicans' like taco salads

My personal recipe for guacamole is the first step in this image Mixed with freshly made pico de gallo plus teaspoon of mayo or sour cream.

Everyone loves that shit whenever i make it.

Because avocado is fucking garbage. It needs other flavors. The green snotty shit is just a binder.

I used to do it for some reason, just makes it taste like mayo, these days I just try to keep it basic

>curry powder

classic Veeky Forums shitposting bait.

this is pretty much what I do. I use a red onion or a shallot depending on what I have, and a lime instead of a green lemon. I also tend to go easy on the tomato if it's for just myself.

You're fucking stupid.

>Tfw cashier in grocery store in ghetto part of town
>Tfw the only people who'd buy the xxl tub of mayo were blacks. Along with ingredients for macaroni/potato salad/coleslaw.

imo the thing that really makes guac the best is the exclusion of lime juice and substitution of lemon.

people will say i am trolling, but i haven't used lime in my guac in at least 3 years since i made the switch one day when i was out of lime. the taste is so much cleaner and fresher...

a little lemon, a little salt, a little cilantro, some pepper some garlic and a tomato... sometimes i do a fine brunoise on 1/16th of a red onion and throw that in too.

fuck lime.

gonna have to try lemon next time I make it. youre not the first person in this thread to recommend lemon instead of lime, I can see how it would work.

why the fuck would you cook the onion, heathen scum

im white and im not white enough to enjoy that
i would have to be a frail old grandma stuck in the 50s to eat that crap

I love guacamole but I don't think I've ever tasted a guac that completely blew me away.

>exclusion of lime juice and substitution of lemon

How can one person be so wrong?

Get some Mexican friends.

here is some guacamole I made.

> not just eating mashed avo with pepper.
Jesus christ user you suck.

that's not a guarantee for great guac

The best guacamole is just avocado mashed with a bare hand.

No, but sour cream in guac is fantastic.

Does anyone else put ketchup in they're guac? I'm not shitposting, I only do it if I don't have tomatoes but it's not that bad. You don't have to put that much, it gives it an interesting flavor, sort of like this umami richness.

I've been to pubs in the UK where they do this. They serve nachos with a guacamole that is like green mayonnaise. It's terrible.

i've never had guacamole

what am i missing and should i go to the store and make some right now

i dont have a pestle and mortar though

you dont need one. just mash that shit with a fork or something.

I used to do this until I learned it wasn't the proper way to make guac, it wasn't that bad desu

THE FUCK PART OF THAT GARLIC LOOKS FRESH FUCKING PLEB

I use quac in place of mayo on sandwiches.

Personally I like to keep a few chunks of avacado in there, so full puree isn't for me. But shit man, one minute with a fork

Traditionally quac is chunky. Since white people can't handle any texture or flavor they decided to make it into fruit mayo.

Avocado, finely diced onion, jalapeno,cilantro, salt, and lime juice. All you fucking need.

Try with Lemon instead

This except cilantro, not bad but not needed. Less is more with guac.

This. I've tried lime, lemon and a combination of both. Lemon it is

boys, get the rope

>mind blowing snack
because of the stroke you'll get at age 30 if you eat bananas with ranch on a regular basis?

I recently saw an ad that hellman's is selling their mayo over here in Belgium. I very much doubt they're going to get much tractions, since we have some very popular local brands. Is there mayo good or is there something special about it at all? It seems like such a weird decision to sell american mayo over here.