What's your guys general opinion on American cheese?

What's your guys general opinion on American cheese?

it's good

Every once in awhile, I crave the flavor of a grilled cheese made with American. But I buy the American cheese from the deli, not that Kraft bullshit.

too melty

Shit but it goes well with burgers.

When I go to Wisconsin, I'm always all like, "hey, give me some of your cheese, because really it's very nice and I like it a lot."

But the orange stuff in the supermarket is not good and I do not like it.

There is a special level of hell reserved for Americans due to their crimes against cuisine.

to be frank i dont like horse in my lasagna

Yeah I usually pretend to love Wisconsin cheese when I'm in Wisconsin, I say it in a really sarcastic way but the concept of sarcasm doesn't click with them and they take it at face value

It's fun

the individually wrapped ones are shit
the non-individually wrapped slices are okay on burgers somehow
overall the lowest tier of cheese if you can even call it that

It's a bit like instant coffee.

It can never compete with the real thing, but it does its job quite well: Adding an inoffensive cheesy flavour and melting instantly on a hot burger or similar sandwich.

Best cheese for burgers.

I used to defend it for trashy childhood favorites like burgers and grilled cheese, and then recently tried it a few times and realized that it's really just not good, and not worth eating on something trashy even if I'm drunk and hungry.

Agreed, I was using pepperjack cheese for a while then I tried american again and it's so much fucking better for burgers.

I'll miss it on top of my burgers. What else can I put it on once I convert guys? Help!

There are still plenty of real cheeses that are far better on burgers.
Gruyère, Comté, Cheddar, Fontina, Havarti, chèvre...

>I buy the American cheese from the deli,

fuck you
that shit falls apart and makes a mess all over the cutter
buy some real fucking cheese from the deli or just get kraft singles you fucking faggot

t. deli worker

FUCK YOU, IT'S YOUR JOB, WAGESLAVE.
If I want fucking sliced American cheese, you're going to fucking cut me some American cheese, you lazy shit.

Hush up, prole. Do what I say, or I'll tell the manager.

>Not making your own cheese slices at home with whatever kind of cheese(s) you want and a little bit of sodium citrate

daily reminder this is the kind of person who thinks they are entitled to $15 an hour in bernies america

You're going to do your job and do it with a fucking smile, got it? You don't want me to speak with your manager, now do you, wagecuck? :^)

Camembert.

I can see how it is useful in the production of fast food but there is no reason anyone should have presliced cheese in their home.

eh I prefer some tangy cheddar with my 'gers

daily reminder that it isn't very wise to piss off the person who has an opportunity to poison your food

Oh gee, no, please don't tell the manager. That would be the end of the world. Managers totally don't just say a few empty words to placate the customer and then put the egotistic whinging out of their minds.

Daily reminder that many of the people you wait on have done your job when they were younger, and you should realize that people are wise to dumbfucks like you. Now do the fucking job you get paid to do and shut the fuck up.

>whinging

speak white pajeet

some of you are alright
don't eat american cheese tomorrow

are you actually this stupid?

I guess the guy that fired the faggot at the meat counter at my local Kroger must have been pretending to be a manager.

Real American CHEESE is good (Land 'O Lakes, Boar's Head), but "cheese food" like Kraft Singles are dogshit.

Enormous difference, and it's a shame people dismiss the good stuff (there's nothing better on a burger) because they think it's all the same.

>Kroger firing anyone due to customer complaints

Ahaha good one

oh sickburn user

>there's nothing better on a burger

cheddar, blue, Swiss, etc. argue differently

American cheese is great when making mexican dishes.
Gives my nachos mexicano a real authentic zing.

It is in the dictionary you hick.

I guess it depends on the burger. If I'm throwing some patties on the Weber kettle outback, I like a good bit of melted Land o' Lakes American. I love other cheeses, but for a burger nothing compares, in my opinion.

Euro here.

These:

Try Velveeta singles on burgers. They're the best burger cheese ever.

Wouldn't even feed my dog that shit

It's aight

Goes well with shit tier burgers in a fast food setting. If you're using good meat keep that shit tier cheese away.

YOU. I BLAME YOU.
I had to go to the store tonight, and I couldn't NOT get a quarter pound of sliced American from the deli, because I NEED A GRILLED CHEESE RIGHT FUCKING NOW.
It's all your fucking fault, shithead.

I'll only use it in grits. Don't like the taste of it really but it goes well with that. I'd only really eaten American cheese until I was 20~ and then my world opened up.
oh and McDonalds has the best American cheese, it's tasteless.

I don't really get this "meme"

The United States federal government through the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) even declares that this is not cheese. Try to find the word "cheese" on a package of Kraft Singles. I really don't get what you're doing here.

It doesn't taste like much, but it tends to get stuck in my teeth a bit like toffee which bothers me.

It's not even that much cheaper than regular cheese.

This is the cringiest thing I've read in about four hours. Jesus christ I hope you're just memeing and don't actually think like this.
oh my gosh so scary a guy who is under constant surveillance might carry some fucking poison and try to "inject it" into a slice of god damn american fucking cheese you are so god damn gay

The best, nobody does cheese better than the USA

I disagree. Cheddar is best.

Sorry I should have been more clear, they don't call it just "cheese". It is a cheese product, just as Bryers is not ice cream, it is a dairy dessert or something. The same thing with the "honey" from KFC; it is honey sauce or some kind of term like that rather than just being called honey.

I don't know if you are being difficult on purpose or what, but it is also my fault for not being as specific as I should have been. Then again that may just be a bait post that I fell for so whatever.

>constant surveillance
>supermarket deli

Yo delibro let me get two pounds of that cheap 'oven roasted' white turkey sliced paper thin. You know the one thats covered in slime and falls apart when you slice it

Everyone is going to have a different taste for different types of cheese. That's one of the reasons there are no doubt so many prolific kinds to begin with.

I personally like American Cheese. It can have it's place in the cheese arena, just like any other cheese. I feel (and it seems to be the general consensus as well) it's best as a melting cheese. Not that I'd say no to putting a slice on a deli sandwich or something. Growing up as a poorfag teaches you that almost anything considered food in the conventional sense can hold some merit of flavor.

>Bryers is not ice cream
?

cheddar and most other faggy cheeses start sweating and become semi-solid after about a minute

American stays melted like cheese on a burger is meant to.

Canned cheese with sausage on Ritz crackers are the greatest snack on the planet

I only ever, and I mean ever like it on a classic diner burger. It just works for some reason. Anything else and it's hot garbage.

Oh, they get it; they're just too nice to call you a cunt like most other places.

Cunt.

Mah nigga

this is the only correct answer

Canned cheese is gross in general.

I actually had to google "canned cheese."

What in the fuck.

It's basically a relic of early Boomer sci-fi mentality. Think "The Jetsons" and instant food. Canned cheese was basically the first attempt at emulating a future where all food would be permanent and easy.

Except it tastes good an most Americans on here pretend it doesn't.

It's just cheese dip in a pressurized can.
Is it suddenly less gross if it comes in a regular jar? Fuck off.

Its american and I avoid it like Kim Kardashians nasty used panties

ive lived in america 3 years, havent eaten american cheese at all.

So whend you join isis?

I think he means it doesn't melt.

The plastic its wrapped in tastes better

necessary for a bacon egg and cheese and great on a hamburger; anywhere else I'll pass on it

its only use is between two pieces of white bread, lightly fried in a pan with some butter

that sounds like a lot of work, couldn't you just do it in the microwave?

Wow

Clarifying: When we say American "cheese" over here (Bongland), we mean OP's 'singles'. We cannot legally describe them as actually being cheese (because of all the vegetable oil and milk proteins).

American "slices" are 100% the right thing for a burger, unless you've got a fucking fancy burger, in which case provolone or emmental work well I think. Using them on anything else whatsoever marks you as an utter barbarian (although secretly some of us may sneak one cold from the fridge occasionally if we had some in if we had done burgers recently, in a Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler Machiavellian kind of way - but we would never, ever admit it).

We feel the same way about a lot of American processed "food" products. (Probably, so do you?) Disgusting, but sometimes you crave them.

When we make cheese on toast, or its very slightly fancier cousin known as "Welsh rarebit" (more properly, "Welsh rabbit", which is a gently racist historical joke and actually has nothing to do with either Wales or rabbits) - or indeed most other things we would need cheese for - we always use actual cheese, and almost certainly cheddar.

Turns out I ate one of those. Romanian Gypsy donkey, no less, not even horse. Couldn't tell it wasn't beef, but it certainly was really poor-to-mediocre. Didn't do me any actual harm, thankfully. Government here is really twitchy about controls on that kind of thing since BSE, so it very probably won't happen again.

It wasn't merely the whole My Little Lasagne angle that put most people off about that, just the adulteration and mislabeling. I'd actually be just fine with eating horse or donkey meat advertised as such, although I probably wouldn't choose it because it's really not that good. They just had a deer cull in the next town over to here, and venison is suddenly super cheap.

When we do toasties, we use cheddar, but we also don't usually fry our toasties (but use one of those Breville abominations).

I'll let you keep that particular tradition.

Some cheese from America is actually pretty good, however. Monterey Jack springs to mind, in particular.

real Ametican cheese is great. The kind you'd get from the deli. That Kraft singles shit is borderline disgusting.

I've never tasted it

There's a few flavors that are ice cream, like chocolate vanilla and strawberry maybe.

good with:

scrambled eggs
broccoli
grilled cheese
burgers
chili topping
hotdogs

that's really about it though

Yeah, but on your list the only example where adding cheese isn't superfluous is the grilled cheese. Broccoli, scrambled eggs, chili, burgers and hot dogs really don't need cheese.They're not really imp[roved by it. It's more a case of "this stuff is so cheap let's just put it on everything". Kind of the way some folks are with ranch dressing.

>passive-aggressive = nice
Confirmed Midwesterner

Anything I've had with American cheese would taste loads better with something like cheddar cheese, or any other real sliced cheese.

I guess some positives are it's cheap and it melts easily, so if you live in poverty, it's good.

this man knows

I used to think it was great up until recently. Now I mainly eat Sharp Cheddar since it tastes alot better and melts to perfect consistency.

Seanbaby said it best: Condom flavored bathroom tiles.

Most American cheese is cheddar cheese mixed with specific protein disrupting chemicals

I'm assuming condoms taste like plastic or latex, but why specifically condoms?
How often does this "Seanbaby" suck dick through a condom

>Not liking Land o' Lakes cheese

Contrarian faggots the lot of you.

Same thing as well done steak, sweetened hot drinks, instant coffee and milk chocolate - not as good as the real thing but still delicious. The people who say they don't like these things are mostly trying to come off as sophisticated

adding shitty cheese to what could be considered shitty food, is definitely an improvement. The thing is, American cheese is almost always known as that individually wrapped kraft singles, which are trash and those are the foods you can add it to and get away with. I was tempted to put down mac and cheese, ut even that doesn't work.

However, american cheese you would get from a deli that someone would slice is quite good, and you could put it on italian style sandwiches and make a really good queso dip from it.

Ditto

I guess we have different ideas of good. To my way of thinking good cheese does not come wrapped in plastic, whether in individual slices or in blocks/wedges. And if you're talking about the kinds of cheeses sliced at a typical American supermarket deli so am I - I don't think any of that is good cheese. The "best" examples I've had of American cheese tasted like cheap industrially made mild cheddar. I can think of no reason to buy or eat that.

If I'm going top have some cheese I'll hold out for the good stuff.

guilty pleasure

The "kraft singles" or whatever? For the most part, they're shit. However, I do love them for cheeseburgers because they have the perfect texture.

The stuff in the deli?
is exactly right. It's meh-tier, and there's plenty of better options available.

ive never really liked it but its not awful on a home grilled burger