Le creuset

Im looking at cookware sets. I have a bunch of mismatch shit now.

Thoughts on this set?

amazon.com/Creuset-Signature-Cherry-Enameled-Cookware/dp/B00KTGQ2YS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_79_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41a6rGyY6oL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR320,320_&refRID=70E0VZRPWVE67SDK050G

Le Creuset stuff is really nice and looks good but let's be real the price on their products are pretty hard to justify.

Agreed. I'm looking at all clad and it's around the same price

Mismatched shit is more legit and cost-effective

wife bought the same set at costco. truthfully we only use about a third of the set and thats usually around the holidays. we use generic pans from the restaurant supply for everyday use.

>eBay
>vintage CorningWare

You're welcome.

if you don't mind me asking, other than it being vintage what exactly makes it desirable?

Since the mid '90s (if I am remembering correctly), they stopped making CorningWare out of Pyroceram and just switched to regular ceramics. Ceramic bakeware has a number of drawbacks, while true CorningWare is an engineered glass with very few. It can handle rapid temperature changes as well as direct heat, doesn't absorb water, is impact resistant, is very hard to scratch, etc. It is generally more durable than enameled cast iron and has similar thermal properties.

And if you are really on a budget, a few trips to Goodwill would result in a solid collection of Cornflower or Spice o' Life patterns.

Holy shit, my grandma let me take home a casserole in one of these and I still have it. Exact same pattern, just no lid.

creuset is overpriced garbage. You don't need a matching set.

Don't do it OP, Le creuset has changed over the last couple of years and is now complete shit
Try to get vintage if you can or else just go to your local restaurant supply store, save the money and make a lavish meal

>comparing corningware to enameled cast iron

kill yourself

>set
Amateur hour ITT

There is no comparison. Corningware is better at a fraction of the cost.

If you're worried about your cookware matching, you may well be in dire need of testosterone injections.

It's mainly I have various levels of quality across my cookware. Some ok, some shit.

Nice time digits.

I have a set of le creuset but most of the shit in your pic is useless
Get three pots and a Dutch oven. Maybe a casserole dish
Personally I'd probably avoid them if i didn't already own because they are quite heavy although the heat dispersion is really good
Modern materials mean the weight of le creuset is no longer necessary to get the same properties

Are Calphalon and Anolon meme brands?

This. Just buy what you need, as you need it. Are your really going to use everything in that set regularly, or enough to justify Creuset prices for it?

I have a set of calphalon pans and i think they are pretty nice

Certainly not on the same level as Le Creuset.

>Spend a grand on cookware
>Don't use it cause it's too nice
shiggy

Le Creuset is a meme.
If you are an american you have better options for cast iron...i dunno just go to a Vinnies and find some 100 year old stuff

let me put it this way:
When you're buying pokemon/ magic/ yugioh/ baseball cards, do you think the starter pack is a good deal?

No. you buy the cards you actually need/ want, or you wind up with shit you don't really need/ want. this is true for every other thing out there.

>le

reddit faggot

>not buying a booster box to start and finishing it with the singles you need for a complete set

ahahahahahhahaha
dont make me choke on my ACTIVATED almond user

I have a 3.5Q Le Creuset pot in Marseilles Blue. I bought it at the PX while I was in the Army and love love love love it. I used it to make dishes at Thanksgiving for my friends and extended family, to cook in chili cookoffs at work, and to feed myself healthy food while living in the goddamn fucking barracks. It's been everywhere with me and has a lot of sentinmental value. I still use it a lot and make rice & beans, pastas, and roasts. It's a small, easy-to-clean dutch oven. Pretty much nothing else I have matches. Calphalon stainless, Pyrex and Nordic Ware casseroles, wooden and silicon utensils, no-name stainless for making big soups.

Save your money. You're always going to have mismatched cookware, and a matching set of Le Creuset is a waste of your time. You need a variety of surfaces to cook on, and a thick iron surface being your only option will not make you a better cook.

If you're just looking to blow some money for the prestige, though, knock yourself out. Buy yourself a nice ~$200 gyuto or chef's knife.