Which is the better drink?

Which is the better drink?

I enjoy beer much more than coffee

Both are drugs. Caffeine is not as recreational, but at the same time not as harmful with prolonged use.

I need my coffee, beer bloats me.

I like coffee better than beer

I'd much rather down a few good beers than a few good cups of coffee. Caffeine is bottom of the barrel as far a stimulants go. All of the shitty effects, and none of the good ones.

beer is much better. Not that coffee is bad or anything, its great for flavoring stouts

Both are great and I consume them regularly. Beer is the beverage of civilization, and coffee is the beverage of scholars.

>coffee is the beverage of scholars.
try office receptionists

If i could only have one for the rest of my life... coffee i think.

I like both. Coffee flavored beer is great. I hope to find beer flavored coffee one day.

my friends dad was always very handy, every time I went over his house he was working on a project, tuning up a car, remodeling the kitchen, painting the house, always busy doing a project. and he always depending on the time of day had a coffee or a beer in his hand, without fail he was drinking one of them.

so I asked him one day, if you had to give up one of those things what would it be. He thought about it for a moment and said

coffee is nice, but beer is a necessity

As much as I love beer, I can get my alcoholic intake requirements from other media.

There really isn't a viable alternative to coffee.

I love both equally.

Por que no las dos?

Tea you fucken plebeians

As a scholar I can tell you that beer and hard liquor are the beverages of scholars. Coffee's just fuel.

Honestly they both just hit the spot when I need it. I just need beer more often but

>whynotboth.jpg

Nitro cold brew is rather beer-like.

At least coffee doesn't turn you into a lardass over time. Of course if you load it with milk, cream, and/or sugar and other white girl shit you'll become a mega fatass. But drinking it black is known to boost metabolism and help lose weight. It's also a nice colon stimulus.

Coffee and wine.

t. Pierre dePardeiu

Why would anyone ever pick wine over beer?

Because they taste completely different and its not a one or the other situation.

I drink both honestly but I like wine a bit more because its a bit healthier than beer and the acidity compliments a meal better in alot of cases.

>and its not a one or the other situation.
um, thats exactly what we are talking about, you cannot pick both by the arbitrary rules of this discussion

Because he needs to tell everyone about how cultured he is. Brandy is pretty good, though.

>wine a bit more because its a bit healthier than beer
Compared to light beer, sure, but not compared to most beer, especially not unfiltered beer

Fuck you dad, i'm going to mix my stouts and my rosé and have the best of both worlds.

Wine and tea are haute cuisine drinks, in the West and Asia respectively.

Beer is lower class and barbaric, historically associated with the "guzzling" Germanics according to the Romanesque peoples. Wine was more about taste and pairings. Beer was escapism.

Coffee is slightly different. Still lower class, but its for industriousness rather than escapism. The West has never known a proper alternative though, as Britain basically plebeianized tea in an effort to undercut the Chinese. And it worked. Most people's idea of tea is the garbage that comes out of India or Kenya.

I'm Korean and allergic to alcohol
So I choose the coffee

Neither really but I'd rather be an alcoholic than a person who even drank coffee.