Does anyone here enjoy eating pig faces?

Does anyone here enjoy eating pig faces?

To me, it's the best part of the swine.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/BcIOm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's pretty creepy

Cheeks and ears are fantastic. The rest is kinda eh in my experience

I like it when they are halved

I eat pig cheeks with congee.
Shit's fantastic when I don't want to use my mouth to chew food.

Tails are nice too.

Barbacoa tacos are the best kind, mix in cheek, tongue, brain, the fucking lot.

Cheek is a solid cut, but I can't say I'm partial to the rest of the face.

Used to work as a hog butcher, and the boss would always insist that we clean every fucking gram of meat off the heads after we had already removed the ears, cheeks, and snouts. Added like 15 minutes to a batch of heads for like an extra 8 ounces of meat.

Made a pretty good guanciale though out of those cheeks.

I've never had to eat it, I live in a first world country.

Most countries knew about pig faces already, it's only plastic-eating clappyfats who think it's a new invention and they're totally brave for doing so

No one in Europe eats pig face either, as it's haram.

>ignorance: the post

Scott Rhea as a nice head cheese recipe.

Nice meme, mind if I save it?

>le ebin mooslim maymay

Here is your (You)

>marinated pig ears
So fucking good

hey I used to listen to a little Pigface in high school

You people are worse then zombies

I heard that 98% of pigs tested were found to have MRSA in their snouts. Care to comment?

Edgy 14 year old yuropoor detected

pig cheek is the best, anybody here who disagrees is a flyover

I enjoy mine in their most traditional usage.

sausage.

>be me
>swedish
>never ate weird parts of pig
>went to brazil
>feijoada and tropeira beans everywhere
>best food I ever had
>feijoada is black beans with the shittiest parts of the pig such as ears and tail
>tropeiro is just a mix of leftovers

I'm the guy who made headcheese. Made a thread on Veeky Forums about it if you remember. I love pig heads. There's some amazing meat on there.

As me anything I guess...

whats wrong with you and everyone else in this thread

We're well adjusted people who aren't surprised that meat comes from animals

People don't peel the outside of carrots and use those parts specifically
nobody cuts the crusts off of bread and says "hey this is still a perfectly good piece of bread, I should recycle this into more food"

I understand that an animal is a large thing so there's probably tons of stuff you'd have to throw away
But even when people peel hundreds of potatoes, nobody keeps the peel

Because peels are fucking inedible even if you prepare them, and pig's head is fucking tasty if done right
grow up faggot

wow.. just wow.

Actually, they do. Carrot peelings are ideal for vegetable stock, and bread crusts are literally the best part of the bread

Your parents sure fucked up big time

Live swine are inspected at slaughter and are supposed to be culled from the supply if they have any infectious disease. The slaughtered swine is also scalded in boiling water to remove the hair and any dirt or contaminants that remain. Meat is tested again, albeit less frequently, at the processing level for microbial growth. This testing is usually to detect things that you might pick up from unsanitary processing conditions, such as listeria, rather than pre-existing infections in the animal.

I wouldn't condone eating swine raw, but in almost all cases it, and most other retail meats, have been through several layers of preparation and testing. Small retail operations and local scale farm-to-table type businesses are not necessarily subject to the same regulations, but MRSA and almost all known potential meat-borne bacteria and parasites are thoroughly destroyed by being heated to 145 degrees fahrenheit/ 63 degrees celsius for four minutes.

In short, snouts are fine, although I don't really like them. I wouldn't go licking a live pig though.

Did you ever wear the face like a mask and scare children?

I really regret not doing that. But I can always buy another pigs face around halloween to scare the local muslims :)

>spooking Muslims
We need more heroes like you in the world

Using every part of the animal is at least respectful

Never had a pigs face before, or a whole roasted pig. How do you even eat the whole pig when its been cooked? Just take a bite out of the face and body?

Pig ears and pig cheeks are fucking delicious especially if you eat it in stews or soups.
It's a bit hard to chew though.

Yeah, some guy running around with a pig's head is totally going to scare them, not confirm their conviction that Westerners are worthless backwater subhumans that need to be eliminated.

Not him and I find the idea retarded, but:
They'll think that anyway just for the fact that we eat pork and don't kill gays etc.

Love pig face, it keeps the Muslims away.

And for how they probably know what English words mean better than you do, too.

I would be careful having pig meat around my face

I ate that piggy's brain. Apparently that's much worse.

I'm not too sure about that.

Never liked brain, taste isn't great for me and it feels wrong, same with lamb or veal. Not a hippy scum but eating the young feels odd for me.

Looking at the thumbnail I thought it was a dismembered dead woman and then I got a boner

dem cheeks tho...hnnng

>dat bay leaf

Sleep tight pigger

Can i have some?

Not really. To me the ultimate purpose of a pig's head is to make obscenely rich and gelatinous pork stock for soups and stews and to seal pates and pies.

>seal pates
>seal
>pate
Non cook detected.

have i been doing it wrong the whole time? I didn't really look into what the "right" way was before I started in. What do you call cured meat cooked in a mold and topped with aspic?

I kinda want to make it again by the end of summer so if you live in the Vancouver, Canada area let me know.

A terrine.

>pigs to scare the local muslims
Because that worked so well in Orlando!

>not expanding your horizons and discovering the best meat on a pig; the glorious face meat.

Seriously though, back in the day no one wasted meat, not even face meat or buttholes.

Jesus christ, you are the whitest of the whites. How's it like in your 1950s bunker?

But seriously, carrot peels are used for making stocks, and what the hell is wrong with you, why aren't you eating the crust on your bread?

....The same way as a turkey. You carve it up with a knife. Use your head a little.

I always wanted to make it but its super hard to source where i live, i already had to check 3 butchers before i got pigfeet for tonkotsu ramen.

the last restaurant i worked at used all of those things

people ate/were served the potato peel, carrot peels for stocks and the shitty pieces of bread were used to make breadcumbs

>the last restaurant i worked at used all of those things

Sure, because they were leftovers and it was silly to waste them. They didn't choose them deliberately though. They used them because they were free surplus.

the flaw in your argument is that there is no objectivity when it comes to quality of parts of the animal. Oxtail, cheek, tongue, organs...those are all things that are delicious in their own right, if you cant appreciate them dont try to make a logical argument out of it

any decent cook/chef has respect for food. you learn to use as much as possible and waste as little as possible. just because we have excess now does not mean that it will always be this way. first world countries will know hunger and scarcity again at some point even if it isn't in our lifetime.

I've worked at a restaurant were we hand tourned (is that the proper English term?) potatoes for the peels, and only the peels. They were then fried and sold as chips. Once in a while we had to figure something out for the buckets of potatoes in the back and it was a constant headache. Sometimes we just threw it out.

Barbacoa is from a cow you goddamn shit nigger

Let's face it, it will almost certainly be in our lifetime.

Barbacoa is a cooking method you inbreed imbecile

Maybe, but in the area in which it's commonly sold, it refers specfiically to cheek meat.

Source: someone who lives in fucking Texas, where is Barbacoa is sold all over the goddamn place.

Fair enough, I'll take back the imbecile part then.

>it refers specfiically to cheek meat.
So your whole neighborhood are inbred imbeciles?

that was a good thread friend.

>7780464
I fucking hate Barbacoa. It's 50/50 whether or not you'll just get disgusting fat.

whats it taste like?

The ears and the tongue are pretty good senpai

Christ, the French are monsters wearing human skin.

Very strong pork flavor. Sliced super thin it almost melts in your mouth. It's very delicious.

show more photos, piglover

sounds nice

Tails are pretty great too but the head probably has the best variety of muscles and fats and skin.

Pig brains are great mixed with eggs.

Go eat your tendies and white bread with the crusts cut off by your mommy.

You're a retard and the local standards and language of your hick town are worthless.
Goat barbacoa is great btw.

ears are nice
guanciale is GOAT
everything else is scraps to be put into salumi

That was the first genuine laugh I've had for months. Thanks, user.

Here's the entire album.

imgur.com/a/BcIOm

OP IS A BUZZARD
DO NOT FALL FOR BUZZARDPOSTING
CARRIONEATERS ARE RUINING OUR BOARD

Never tried it, wouldn't be opposed to it, would need a reason to try it though.