Is salt the heroin of foods?

>quit all candy and refined sugar
Well, this was easy. After 3 months stuff like peppers and broccoli now taste sweet to me

>quit all non-vegtable/fruit carbs because diet
This sucks. I can do without pasta but I really, really miss bread and all baked products (I live in Germany, the heaven of bread)

>try to quit salt because my heart is allready fucked enough
Impossible. Fucking impossible. I just can't do without it. I'm really baffled how easy it was for me to quit sugar but not salt for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

askthedentist.com/sugar-effects-on-dental-health/
youtube.com/watch?v=VKhpE-oNoGY
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2046847/An-apple-worse-teeth-fizzy-drink.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

have you tried going vegan for your heart issues? a whole food plant based diet yields the lowest ldl levels, under 56 and your considered basically "heart attack proof"

spotted the faggot already

It has more uses than just flavor though.

Just don't eat a fuck load of it.

calm down fatty hes obviously trying to better his health and already has tons of restrictions, its better to give up the cholesterol than salt in terms of heart health

double faggot

Isn't salt absolutely necessary to live? Carbs and sugar are energy you can get from other sources, but I'm pretty sure you're body actually needs salt.

Yes, I've actually experienced a hyponatremic seizure from lack of salt.

Salt and sugar I've dropped but I've never been able to kick my choco addiction. I keep a can of cocoa powder in the house and I literally just eat it by the spoonful when the compulsion hits me

make hot cocoa with coffeemate and aspartame and water.

boil some cocoa powder in water, then pour it in a cup with coffeemate and aspartame. tastes like real hot chocolate, but without the sugar and fat.

Why not just have a little sugar from time to time?

Which unit were you in?

I make some stuff like that but I use xylitol instead

It's bad for teeth. I avoid it when I can.

Quitting sugar entirely can make you hypersenisitve to insuline and could raise your risk of becoming prediabetic. It's ok to have it sometimes, like fruit are a good source, low GI breads are fine in moderation.

As I recall that was basically disproven. It's particles left over that cause problems, but as long as you brush it doesn't matter.

Nah it was a trip to disneyworld when I was 17 and around the 3rd day i was tired of quickserve food so i just stopped eating, drank lots of water, and sweat a whole bunch. I didnt go fully unconscious for the whole thing, but i did go in and out of it.

there's sugar in everything, you cannot eliminate it, but you can avoid it.
sounds like a bunch of balony. I like to sip hot cocoa so my teeth would get exposed to a lot of sugar before I got a chance to brush. Aspartame works great, I've eaten pounds of the stuff with no ill effects.

askthedentist.com/sugar-effects-on-dental-health/

TLDR, Sugar aids the bacteria that cause cavities, but isn't harmful itself, and isn't as likely to fuck up your teeth as bread or crackers.

salt is the most important survival gear. you can live without vitamins but not salt.

If you're really concerned about tooth health this is the food you need to avoid:

Citrus is a bigger issue, since it's acidic.

>which unit were you in
>87th mouseketeers
youtube.com/watch?v=VKhpE-oNoGY

you don't quit salt anymore than you quit calories. you need it. what's up with your German heart anyway...too much running from ficki ficki?

apples are good for teeth

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2046847/An-apple-worse-teeth-fizzy-drink.html

If apples really are that bad for your teeth, you could always floss and brush afterwards.

wonder how much soda companies paid for that
>apples have up to four teaspoons of sugar which cause increased acid levels in the mouth
>soft drinks cause no teeth damage

sure

Especially since soda has both sugar and acid.

>I keep a can of cocoa powder in the house and I literally just eat it by the spoonful
no fucking way

it could be argued that the soda spends a much more brief time in contact with the teeth compared to an apple

unless you are like me of course and like to fill up your mouth and just let those suckers soak for a while

I only eat meat, dairy, plants, nuts and seeds. Stopped drinking soda and junk food a year ago.

The only grain I eat is oatmeal, because I love it.

Couldn't live without salt. Garlic salt goes on almost everything I eat.

Triple faggot

theres all kinds of salt free seasonings at the grocery store

citric acid in fresh lemon juice goes a long way to enhance flavors

its very easy to not eat salt use a lot of fat in the form of butter and olive oil and your garlics and your onion powders or fresh

and for cutting out sugar just use stevia as a sweetener and coconut flour for your bread

forgot my pic

this shit right here is basically god tier salt without salt

Is sugar Heath makes you insulina resistant

You can get all the salt you need from what occurs naturally in the food you eat. Do you really think our bodies evolved to rely on salt shakers? Yes you need salt but the amount you actually need is incredibly, incredibly small compared to what the average person consumes these days.

That depends on what you're eating. Prehistoric people definitely didn't get enough salt, and iodized salt has been critical for children in the last century.

i suggest removing salt from carbs (rice, potatoes, etc) and salad. reduced the salt on everything else. try different seasoning. Sour usually helps.

literally salt

>Prehistoric people definitely didn't get enough salt

That's retarded, son. Our bodies evolved to have a requirement for a mineral in quantities we wouldn't be able to obtain unless we learned to mine for salt or lived next to the ocean? Your ancestors spent thousands of years living in forests eating fruits and leaves and bugs and nobody died from a salt deficiency.

The need for iodized salt has nothing to do with salt itself. Iodine is added to salt because people who eat a diet full of processed foods don't get many of the trace elements they would if they were eating a natural diet.

"Enough" is a measure that we use to determine how to achieve the maximum life span in the modern era. If you want to die at 35, feel free to eat like cavemen.

The desire and need for salt goes further back than humans. Almost all animals can taste salt in some aspect - its required for life and we as well they will go out of our way to find it.

>falling for the processed food propaganda so hard that you think that eating 2,000mg of sodium a day is a requirement for living a long and healthy life

Needing something in small amounts is not the same as needing massive daily doses of it. Your tastes for salt, sugar and fat are so strong because these things are naturally somewhat rare and your body is encouraging you to get as much of them as you can because for tens of thousands of years, they weren't something you'd encounter very frequently. You need fat to live but you don't need to eat a couple burgers every day. You need salt to live too but even 500mg a day is an incredibly massive amount by the standards of the vast majority of our existence.

>live to average of 35
>live to average of 78

Hmmm, I wonder which lifestyle is preferable here.

>hypersensitive to insulin
>somehow increases your risk of high blood sugar

Biology, how does it work?

You got hyponatremic from drinking too much water, not from eating too little salt. There is a difference.

>he was absent the day they taught about averages
infant mortality rate, nigger. if 2 people live to be 100 and a third person dies on day 1 then the average for the 3 is 66. From prehistoric to 19th century if you were a baby you were fucked for several reasons. If you made it to 13 you were likely gonna hit 80, unlike your average obese sack of shit today. I'd tell you to stay salty but i don't want you dropping dead at 35 from a sodium overdose like the cavemen

Is this a joke thread where we post pop culture food 'science' that idiots believe?

so you don't eat fruit?

nope, i had a bit over a gallon and when walking around sweating all day that inst terribly too much. at the hospital i was told it had everything to do with aldosterone and potassium balance which lead to muscle spasms which lead to a seizure, basically if you dont do shit and sit around sedentary all day you might be fine with no salt for a few days but if you sweat or do any mild exercise salt is necessary

ya but you should get enough salt through your diet

to add salt to foods isnt a necessity in life

if you do add salt you should do it sparingly

you shouldnt be over excercising or drinking too much water which dilutes you

homeostasis and moderation is what life is about yo

you can do anything too much or too little

Fruit is pretty shit for you. It's nature's soda, full of sugar poison.

fruit is junk. eat cabbage, carrots, etc. but not fruit. Fruit full of sugar and is acidic.

actually, people inland don't get enough iodine. Those ancestors of ours who lived in forests had a remarkably high incidence of goiters, I'm sure.

actually, most of our prehistoric ancestors were eating high-fat foods in the form of large quantities of meat during the ice age, and salt was not at all uncommon for coastal populations.

because your body needs salt

Salt is more like lithium than anything pham

reported

they remove infant mortality from average lifespan figures nigger. for this exact reason.

>Veeky Forums debating nutrition
would rather see chipotle threads desu

you can't quit salt. your body can metabolise its own sugar from fat or extract the tiny amounts found in green leafy veg, you can't create salt from sources other than salt.
Your brain NEEDS salt, every time a neuron in your brain fires its uses salt, you need to replenish this salt, or you will die. to the person arguing that ancient humans lived of very little salt in european forests, they didn't, they harvested salt from mineral deposits and mud near lakes and rivers, animals do this too, animals will eat mineral rich mud if they become salt deficient. Humans have a higher salt requirement than other animals because we have a huge brain compared to our body size.

Sugar is pretty much useless for you, you can get glucose from other sources or just get your energy from fat, and fructose is pretty much useless if not bad anyway

no they don't. the average lifespan after removing infant mortality has always been like 70.

Good question, doctors have observed this in testing the effects of high-fat zero-sugar diets, though the metabolic pathway is not fully understood... Weird right.

fatty spotted

There's a reason that shit used to be traded for gold pound for pound.

>Quitting sugar entirely
Refined, cane sugar. Soda, candy, etc.

try nutritional yeast instead of salty it also had a cheesey taste

Salt isn't bad for you unless you consume ungodly amounts, nor is it chemically addictive like sugar is. I'm guessing you're just trying to stir up shit.

Uh... you need salt and other electrolytes so why would you quit eating it?

Salt is a electrolyte and if you don't take in enough you will die.

If you're worried about salt intake, try to limit yourself to the bare minimum. Otherwise you will kill yourself because you're fucking retarded.

Mega faggot

ultra kek

Ace