Can I post yet?

Can I post yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFFQGUqQnEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OH SHIT NIGGA I CAN ALRIGHT IT'S TIME.

Heat up your cream (1/3rd of a cup) in a saucepan.

Chop up 2 cups of white chocolate.

you finna make some creme brulee homey?

(Note, this is already done, I was just unable to post earlier)

Once your cream is simmering, put your chocolate in and start to melt it. I switched to a double boiler at this point because I didn't want to burn it

post your dick

Nay, White chocolate truffles.

Start stirring

That's gay, faggot

Stir until all the lumps are out and it's smooth.

Holy shit that looks so bad on this camera. It's not that yellow, it's closer to the previous image.

I was an idiot and put this on a thing so it got all thinned out, but it still worked out. Don't do what I did.

Holy shit I'm way far ahead. Let me explain what's going on here. I put it on the pan and let it cool in the fridge for 1 hour. I took it out and using the spoon, rolled it into balls. I re rolled the shitty ones after I cooled them. This stuff really warms up fast.

Worst fucking hamburger I've ever seen....

Okay time to temper. I put some dark chocolate in a double boiler. I slowly began to heat it to 46 degrees Celsius.

I think where I went wrong was when I didn't add any beef.

Continue to heat it.

Alright so it's mostly melted, just raise the temp to 46 degrees Celsius.

Right so it's 46 degrees, which is the first stage of tempering. Look at that sheen.

I guess I didn't take any pictures but I lowered the temp of the chocolate on a few ice packs. It was real slow and shit but after lowering it down to 26 degrees, I raised it again on the double boiler until it was 32 degrees.

Take that tempered chocolate and start adding your solid ganache.

Look at this SHIT. THIS TURNED OUT REALLY GOOD FOR MY FIRST TIME I GOTTA SAY.

Keep on doing it man. Coat those balls.

All of them are coated. I'm going to do a little design in a bit, cause I'd like to make them look nice.

>raise your chocolate to 46c
you burned the chocolate. i bet it's grainy as all fuck

it's not lad. I followed this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFFQGUqQnEA

your video says you can microwave chocolate, i don't know why you'd believe this cuck. enjoy your diabeetus though

Chocolate can very easily be microwaved. Get off your high fucking horse.

To melt it, you can. I didn't do it, but do you know how microwaves work? It makes water molecules vibrate, which generates heat? You apparently do it in short bursts as to not burn the chocolate.

ok thx for the tips i'll start microwaving my steaks to well done thx for the advice.

>implying microwaving chocolate is related to microwaving raw meat

>implying hundreds of years of culinary development was replaced by some cuck telling you to microwave stuff

Microwaving chocolate is common practice even in high end dessert kitchens...

>implying i even microwaved my chocolate

Nigga, see

t. misinfo agent

>implying 46c isn't going to burn the chocolate

I was the user giving you a lot of advice in the other thread. I told you it isn't so bad, is it? Good job. With a bit more practice (and better tools) you can get really professional looking ones.

Thanks darling. I really appreciate it.

Does this look burnt to you, man? It looks pretty alright to me. It was smooth with no lumps at all, it was almost like a thick hot chocolate.

No problem, cock-gobbler. Just keep posting OC here and we'll be good. Ignore they are clearly retarded. Microwaving chocolate is a super common thing.

looks blurry. i'm sure there are grains in it. the other possibility is you have a faulty thermometer.

>t. someone who's never set foot in a professional kitchen before

Who said anything about microwaving steaks? We're talking about chocolate. I'm sorry that countless anons have disproved your statement about not being able to microwave chocolate. Go find a different board to cry on.

Do you want me to grab a photo of remaining chocolate? Would that make you feel better?

t. Beetus McCletus

i feel fine. post more pics though

of what? I mean I don't have much left. But if you're good I guess that's that

how about take a picture showing your height and the measure when you stand on the scale

>This separation temperature for dark chocolate is over 130°F/54°C
For your information. He was using dark chocolate. Obviously it varies slightly, but he was well safe.

I'm 6'1 and 268 pounds. Do you need any more info? I'm a big man, but this isn't even for me. It's for my girlfriend, brude.

Did you put anything on top of the truffles after the tempered chocolate cooled down?

This is what I was wondering.

Nah, I didn't have anything. Next time I'm thinking of doing some sort of nut or you know, I wonder if you could mix the ganache with some sort of berry. The recipe wanted me to use bananas, and "Banana extract". I chose not to.

It's really as simple as it gets.

dang man you should lose some weight. that's unhealthy

One thing you can do, that makes a nice contrast, is after the truffles have set, hit them VERY quickly with a blowtorch, just enough to slightly soften their tops, then sprinkle on some shaved white chocolate. I hate white chocolate, but it really looks nice.

I get it, but I mean do you have a point or are you just here to blow smoke. You know what they say about fat chefs ;)

Traditional truffles aren't even coated in anything more than cocoa powder. These would have looked nice with a drizzle of (tempered) white chocolate over the top. It's a lot more work just for the drizzle.

Raspberries work nice as a flavor backdrop for chocolate (along with orange). I'd recommend getting some liquor to add that flavor and then if you REALLY want to go above and beyond, making a glaze or syrup and working that in as well. Serve with a few fresh berries for garnish/color/flavor.

yeah, they eat everything in sight no matter how it tastes ;^)

i've already said what I have to about not burning your chocolate, but by all means continue misinforming cu/ck/s

If I would've done dark/milk chocolate truffles I would've done the cocoa powder. I just thought it would've been a bit odd.

You ever see those flower things where they pour the chocolate on it and the chocolate petals fan out to show fruits or ice cream or shit? It'd be neat if you could get all those rich, zesty flavours into that ganache.

Right but it wasn't burnt, man.
But yeah I'll go kill myself now cause I'm fat or something.

Truffles don't have to be traditional.

if you heated it to 46c then it was well past burnt. i'm not surprised you couldn't tell that since you're morbidly obese.

I'm not even OP, but you, "sir," are getting annoying. Don't you have anything better to do than argue about microwaves and search BMIs?

>Well past burnt
>glossy, liquid chocolate

Like how dense are you? I mean burnt chocolate is this dude. But yeah I'm proud of you for realizing I'm fat. I'm going to kill myself and on the tombstone I'll write "user was right". I haven't even eaten one of these.

THE QUADS HAVE SPOKEN

>ps im a gril

>implying it's possible to determine the quality of tempered chocolate from an out-of-focus photo
if it's burnt, small granules will be present in the chocolate. they may not be visible but if you pay attention you can feel them on your tongue. they appear around 40c with dark chocolate

I did a test piece and it was fine, man. I took some parchment paper and dragged it through the chocolate. It's completely fine.

Literally went upstairs, grabbed the left over tempered chocolate, put it on my tongue and rubbed it on the roof of my mouth feeling for those granules. There's nothing there but smooth chocolate, man. I don't know what to say to you.

PS. I have male genatalia.
You get pissy, so you you assume I'm female? I bet your mother, if she's even still in your life, has a strong dislike for you.

lol you're too mad. you called me "sir" but ps im a gril

your thermometer must be off by about 10c

Also, like for real how dense are you. It's not like I heated the chocolate to 46 and left it there for hours, As soon as it reached 46 (like 5 minutes, it was past 40 for maybe 1 minute, I stuck it on ice. Listen, alright, if I had a 300 degree burner and i put a steak on for a few seconds, what would happen? would it burn completely or just sort of begin cooking in that specific spot? Pro tip, the steak would be fine because it wasn't left there for more than 30 seconds.

>sticking the melted chocolate on ice
it just keeps getting worse

>if i put a steak on a 300 degree flame for a few seconds what would happen

it would burn. that would burn the steak. most of it would be raw but one part would be burned

Nigga it was in a bowl and I used cryo packs to cool it down. I don't have a marble table that I can use to spread it out and shit. It's really time to stop.

Google (and multiple sources at that) say you are wrong about your temperature for dark chocolate. Get over it.

Today's the day she gets them. I'll tell you how she feels about them.

She liked them, told me they were real sweet. I'm glad I coated them in dark chocolate.

The fuck is with this anti microwave faggot? Why so belligerent?

He's a faggot. He knew he was wrong, went on to telling me the chocolate's burnt, then went on to saying I'm fat. It really hurt me deeply and my cooking career is now over because of him.