Spicy foods

whats the spiceist thing you have ever eaten? i want to make a really nice chili and my buddy has some habanero chillis, ive tried them before and they are mega hot, ive tried one before and they are definetly the spiceist thing ive ever eaten

I ate a raw habanero once. Don't really eat much spicy food though. A lot of it is unnecessary imo. Just hot for the sake of being hot.

thats nothing, this one time i ate the moruga scorpion, second hottest chilli in the world, its not even fit for consumption, of any kind, but like most things, you can eat it if you try hard enough. so anyway, me and my dad went to this chili booth and the guy at the stand had chillis ranked from 1/10 to 10/10 so i ate all the chillis and called his 10/10 chili a womens child that could make my eyes water if a bunch of puppies were reinacting the green mile. so the guy got mad and told me to fuck off or eat this crazy chili called the moruga scorpion. so i did. and, fuck, me, sideways, with a cactus, on fire. i was not ready, it started out as possible the hottest thing i had ever put in my mouth, an then it kept building and building, like dragging your balls up mount everest if mount everest was covered in broken glass. my eyes watered as if id just seen all my family members die and then i had a dozen lemons sqeezed into them and it kept building some more. there was not enough water in the building to help my mouth. AND THEN LATER THAT NIGHT IT CAME BACK FOR SECONDS!!! oh unholy satan, thoust are a cruel mistress. my asshole was never the same, its like a shit a lava lamp made of chainsaws. i was not ready for this. in dante's the divine comedy, dantes travels to the seventh layer of torment for his sins. well this chili cranked that pussy shit up to 11. odin be damed for letting this creation foul the earth...

A raw scorpion pepper.

I was drunk in a Japanese bar and someone offered it.

Said it was a Japanese specialty and I called his shit.

Worthwhile because I was able to fake being okay long enough for four others, including the dude who offered, to take a taste

Everything has felt mild mild by comparison

Japanese green mustard (wasabi) will shut down what is open, and open what was closed.

you are an idiot, why would any one ever eat something that spicy

Clearly you lack testicles.

Aside from raw ghost pepper - just to see - probably the ghost pepper wings at the local beer+wingery.

They're so flavourful, but I think the sauce is literally ghost peppers with just enough mayo/oil+acid to make the sauce creamy. They're really not that much milder than the pepper itself.

Respect, Nigga.

Ghost peppers ain't to be fucked with

i think if you gave somebody from 100 years ago a ghost pepper they would die lol

I guess I get it if you're with a group of friends and having fun but there's no reason for this shit. If something is so hot you can't finish it or feel your mouth for an hour I think I'll just pass on the funzies.

Pure Capsaicin extract at a food fair.
Dipped a piece of bread in it and felt like I was hyperventilating and I could hear my pulse. Luckily there was an icecream stall next to it.

raw habanero. it tastes like citrus

I've got a reaper plant going... I'm not expecting any peppers from it, but if I do... oh my goodness gracious!

I love rubbing the leaves and smelling my fingers. If I start murdering the plant, I will probably just eat it to see if it carries that aroma over to flavour town.

like 15+mill?

Why would you do that? I've got some 2-3 mill stuff, and even that's like "I need to make this large pot of shit really hot... a teaspoon it is!", or "Man, this party is shit. I need to stay awake. I'll just take a drop of this!"

I have some mad dog 357 hot sauce which I was lead to believe was 357,000 SHU, but apparently the silver bottle I have is actually 750,000

It's pretty fucking hot, I can only use it to make sauces with really pungent ingredients like garlic and ginger or else you literally can't taste anything but the sauce. A teaspoon of the stuff on a hamburger is on the high end of my heat tolerance but the thing I don't like is the extract flavor

If you can find their original, it's my favourite of their line - just enough extract flavour to be peppery without that weird raisiny, spoiled cayenne flavour.

It was hot enough that I won't fuck with that again.

I can't find anything with heat anymore. The local Poo in Looery has pedestrian level heat. Vindaloo and Naga have been devoid of heat and flavor.

People who think habanero is unnecessary fail to realize that it has more flavor than your average jalapeno.

pretty fucking hot tbqh

spiciest thing I've had that also tastes amazing is probably mapo doufu

Make your own man, jack it up.

Most places (rightfully so) will cater to their clientele, so their hot gets toned down in white areas. Some places won't serve their hottest without serious goading, etc. If you find a place with a clientele that fits the food (brown people eating brown food), you'll probably find the heat you're looking for.

Worst case - make it yourself. I learned how to make proper dhalpuri because the assholes at the local roti shop wouldn't give me hot sauce.

Different flavour. Habs are definitely more agreeable in flavour (citrusy, sweet) despite the heat, but sometimes Filipino pecker is the right flavour.

>le eating shitty food because its spicy is manly

I can smell your moustache wax from here

sometimes curiosity gets the best of us

sometimes (a lot of the time, because who intentionally makes shitty food?) spicy food is good

sometimes something's a little too hot but the flavour is good, so we eat through the pain

sometimes it's a clear cut case of masochism

Please wax my moustache for me onii-chan.

raw bhut jolokia
I rubbed some in my eye by accident and wanted to die for 2 hours