Al/ck/ thread #who cares?

Been drinking a fifth of whiskey a day for the last 6 years.

Weening myself off the last couple months. Gonna hit up an AA meeting after work monday.

How is life treating you shitbags?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/04/the-irrationality-of-alcoholics-anonymous/386255/
youtube.com/watch?v=LvPvnx62iUo
soundcloud.com/soundbyezra/rollin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone got good stories?

I puked on some asian kid one time

proud of u user don't chicken out u owe it to urself

i hit a kid with my car while i was in a blackout

the only upside was that he was mexican

Whiskey tastes like wood. Absolutely gross

Stick tor your Mikes Hard Lemonade faggot

>going to an AA meeting
Enjoy your over cafinated cry fest. You can recover without that bs user.

Still drinking. Going to die eventually. I'm pretty well to do for being a chef. Cook for celebrities. I have 2 daughters and a.wonderful wife. But all I think about when I'm at work or off is catching a buzz.
Booze
Weed
Heroin
Coke

Ugh God I'm miserable

I'm miserable to senpai

in regard to your comment though. My dream is to cook for a celebrity once before I die.....anyway to do this without being a known chef in your city?

I'm a very shitty person, to the point where I hate myself intensely. But I can't imagine staying addicted to shit if I was selfish enough to have children.

Supposed to be quitting altogether due to a big and positive change in my life and all I can think of is going to the store right now.

Just end me.

I collapsed at work a couple of weeks ago, and they cut my hours. Detoxing fucking sucks.

Switch to beer and wine only. You'll have much less drama in your life

I drink wine based sherry as it is the cheapest liquor available. Or at least I used to. I collapsed from detoxing.

Weird. I been to rehab thrice and the Alkies were always liquor drinkers

Thanks m8, took a good half year to get to this point. Hopefully this helps.

What happened to whoremel niggaroni did he die?

AA failure rate is above 90%

It's methods and philosophy is from the 1930s. Europe has developed much more sucessful techniques but USA is still stuck using old techniques that don't work.

Get help but not through AA

Source:
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/04/the-irrationality-of-alcoholics-anonymous/386255/

CandIan blends taste like nothing, if you mix with cola or something, you won't taste anything but the mixer.

prolly got stabbed by some drunk injun in the parkin lot of the rib shack in oklahoma or something lmao :D

Don't go to the store, fill your belly with water user.

I think it was a convenience and price thing. The closest store to me sells wine, and wine based sherry. It's close and cheap, so I'd buy that. I live in Canada, so alcohol is restricted to where it can be sold.

Can't tell you how many times I saw desperate alcoholics go in an AA meeting. After about half an hour they realize it won't help th at all. The disappointment is palpable.

Source: rehab van driver. I manage alcohol on my own. Tried AA years ago but it's worthless.

been sober two and a half months, damn i want a fifth of anything 80 proof lmao :D

Stay true to your course user, don't need anyone dying on my al/ck/ thread.

"You are a moral fail, feel it and wallow in it and apologize for it and find jebus"
>am functioning alcohol
>currently buzzed
>also need to quit/cut back/develop a more healthy relationship with, but won't be shamed into doing so

I have found that staying busy, ESP with work, makes drinking a second thought. Often I'm just tired after work and sleeping has more appeal than drinking

>gf breaks up with me last year to get back with her ex
>go full alcohol mode
>finally getting my shit together and not drinking
>she contacts me last month, I'm still in love with her
>get my hopes up again
>get dropped again

welp, cheers bros

I'm sorry user. The thing is, life is hard. And despite the fact that we all get the brunt of it, we all feel it, we rarely talk about it, and deal in our own ways. You're going to see them girls get married. *manly hugs*

You gonna post this in every al/ck/ thread, m8? I feel for you, but we know.

I'm still depression drinking over it, so ya probably

dude, just stick something else; even if it's a disgusting landwhale or a hooker; you faggots w/ oneitis man, good good

I'll respect the trip-quads and take that advice. Problem is I don't really have any friends, I've never bought a hooker before though

I think you should listen to Mr. Trip Quads; as lord Kek has shown that he has great knowledge.

Apparently tea and brandy is delicious, anyone tried it?

Is this meme magic happening. Trip Dub Dub's reinforced Trip Quads advice

Suntory time, every time?

youtube.com/watch?v=LvPvnx62iUo

Have been living off of beer calories for 5 days now
body started hurting today

Again? You post this every al/ck/ thread. Get your life together m8.

Drink some pedialyte. Fix you right up

I was just looking at them when you called. I never would have guessed sevens and twos.

a fifth a day you say, OP?

>implying anyone in an anonymous alcoholic thread on a Japanese imageboard have their lives together

i drink plenty of water to balance it out
i lied because i thought it was funny, have really been eating terrible foods while also being drunk every day past 5 days
sorry

didn't lie about body hurting tho
have been going through long periods of being drunk a lot before but never ended in feeling this shit

Water doesn't "balance it out". You piss out necessary electrolytes during drinking. A major element of hangovers is electrolyte depletion

Have a 600k mortgage, 100k car note.

>I'm implying my own post

>A major element of hangovers is electrolyte depletion

Make this god damn meme stop.

It's primary due to inflammation

Yes, 750ml a day conservative. I buy 1.75L every other day. Been weening off the last couple months.

Nah. After three days of binge drinking I can: drink water and feel fucked up for days, or drink pedialyte and feel ok the next day.

I'm drunk, I somehow thought you said dehydration.....my bad

dont have that here
or i dont know if we do

Yeah, it's pretty good. Make sure to stir and don't drink too slowly, don't add a ridiculous amount either.

It's not something I would drink to get drunk though. Enough to feel pretty cozy.

Gatorade is not as good but better than water

You definitely would, or something similar.

At least personally, alcohol affects my blood sugar levels a ton. After a long bender I'll be getting some serious withdrawal anxiety and shakes, and simply eating a chocolate bar or some orange juice reduces the symptoms greatly

I quit my job this morning and haven't felt the need to drink at all. I really think that place was contributing to my drinking. I slept in and felt rested for the first time in months. Sure, I'm jobless now but I have my savings and I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Drink about [email protected]% beer daily, drink more on weekend, afraid to move up to the hard stuff, just need the BUZZ.
How bad am 4-5 years like this?

>theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/04/the-irrationality-of-alcoholics-anonymous/386255/

My sister became an alchy in her late teens

She said naltrexone is one of the best things she has ever taken since it has completely curbed the cravings for alcohol

That's because your body chemistry is influencing your brain, and your thought process, because you've become dependent, you dumb fuck.

Of COURSE you're going to crave that shit.

Knowing that should be enough to realize that you're just going to have to suck it up until you get clean and get control of your brain again.

I dont believe you op. I mean, I guess you could be very fat but that bottle a day shit just doesnt seem real.

>that bottle a day shit just doesnt seem real.

Not OP, but I've been drinking a bottle a day for 5 years.....it's fucking sad, pathetic....and very fuckign real

You must be 17 or really sheltered

I'm a disgusting person. I have a spot on the floor I vomit on sometimes. It's also covered in years of detritus. I woke up a few minutes ago with my face in it. The right side of my body hurts most of the time. I don't know if it's liver or kidney or just fucked up stomach, but it hurts to be alive right now. We drink because of emotional pain, but when the physical pain kicks in you wonder what the fuck you were thinking

When I'm drinking I can go through a handle (1.75 liters) a day. a fifth isn't even that much. you have to account for tolerance

> thought you were really bad with drinking
> mfw reading this thread
maybe things aren't too bad

Kidnapping

Don't believe me, do I care?

You don't have to be a fatass to drink a fifth a day. Site is 18+ BTW kiddo.

Some people think you magically change when you have kids, all your problems don't just go away.

They aren't that bad if you won't admit they are that bad.

can you guys recommend me some coffee drinks in the 20-40% range? just turned 21 and looking for some stuff to buy, had some real great coffee patron
kahlua is too sweet for my taste

kek

These threads are meant for men.GTFO summerfag

>Been drinking a fifth of whiskey a day for the last 6 years.

How the fuck does someone even do this without dying?

You get a tolerance, mine started with rum

Good luck user. What helped me out most was eating and drinking often. The urge to drink decreases with staying full. Some cardio while you're freaking out during the day helps too. A bottle of Valium would've helped big time in the evenings. Be ready for some gnarly dreams and anxiety. You'll get through it. Hope you do better than I did.

CUTO CUTO CUTO CUTO CUTO CUTO!!

Does drinking 2 40zs a night make me an alki? My mom says it does but dunno

drinking hoegaarden tonight

blastin' that trap

soundcloud.com/soundbyezra/rollin

are you in vegas?

i have a family member who is a cook now in vegas

and we have a history of alcoholism

i'm also going to vegas in two weeks to visit some friends of mine out there

yes. I don't want to confirm that its me if you are who I think you are though so lets leave it at that

how did you find out? did the shit hit the fan or did you get away with it?

This. Harm reduction works better. AAs failure rate is WORSE than quitting on your own, and once they convince you that you're 'powerless' your inevitable relapses will become much more severe and dangerous.

wait, what? You're detoxing and you collapsed?

Can I have more details please?

A friend of a friend had this happen and I found it hard to believe. That is, I couldn't think of a reason why you'd collapse from that.

im close to a fifth now. been going at it for maybe 2 years. i wish i had AA or some friends to help me, but there is no AA within 40 minutes of me and i dont have friends. im thinking suicide might be the most logical answer once everything crumbles to the worst.

its weird because ive lead myself to thinking that suicide is a good and peaceful answer even though i know most everyone else would think its waaaay to irrational. and no god and no purpose makes me talking myself out of it makes it hard. owell

read infinite jest

Different shit works for different people. I had to go to AA because of a dui and while i didn't stop drinking it was kind of fun and i could see how it helped some of the people. Some people are just lonely, sad, and depressed and AA basically assigns you a friend. For me it was just kind of amusing listening to all the sad fucking stories. That alone made me want to straighten my life out some. tldr aa is a social activity that doesn't involve alcohol. A lot of people that drink a lot don't experience that much as adults.

Why don't you just smoke weed fuckin idiots

Been clean for about few month now, but my back hurts really bad and my life just went downhill overall. I think this shit takes me down. Went to a bar yesterday, was brought back home by some strangers since I was drunk af. Hadn't have such a night in years, but still don't regret a thing. Fml right now.

>lmao smoke weed 420 blaze it fgt dude lmao I'm 16 lmao weed

splendid tripquad

Marijuana can help with chronic pain.

DUDE CIRRHOSIS LMAO

But that tome is over verbose to the point of pretentiousness.

Maybe I should pick it up again, but I only made it through about three chapters before deciding that it was a lit professor's circle jerk.

Because the drug affects people differently?

I don't like the high, it puts me in my own head too much and I cannot interact with the outside world, which compounds the problem. The booze started as a "cure" for my social anxiety. That and it is an illegal drug. Try going to a ballgame and lighting up a joint.

>Try going to a ballgame and lighting up a joint.

that's why edibles exist my man. or you could always smoke in the parking lot before entering.

MISTA BOBU HARRIS

STOP PUH-REEZE STOP PUH-REEZE

...lip my stockings

I like wine, but I need to manage my food intake during the day and then start drinking around 4:30 to get to the high I want. Tonight I had one glass and gave up on the idea. Not in the right mood. Which is even more annoying that just being sober.

>they only added subtitles when the director was using English words

Nigga, how the fuck do you have a 100k car note? Also, are you crazy?

i go to na . . . idk if its helping yet. fucking dope

From buying a 100k car I'd imagine.