WILL THIS SUFFICE?!?!

Hey Veeky Forums
I'm about to cook a petite filet of beef and I was wondering if this pan would work in lieu of a shallow roasting pan

Ofc, there'll be no difference if your fillet fits flat on the bottom of the pan. It might sweat a little more because of the high walls but that shouldn't be a big deal

That's actually a good idea. I might try roasting a turkey breast in one.

Roll up a length of aluminum foil about 3 feet long and zig zag that on the bottom, then put the meat on top of that. Trust me it's worth it the meat gets a better sear on it and you have better drippings to make an au jus with.

Really? What does that do? Insulate the bottom?

When you say sweat do mean it will essentially be swimming in its own juices?
>zig zag it on the bottom
All from the one piece?

Suspends the meat out of the liquid that it's sweating out and lets it get a better crust on the outside.

Yeah take like a 3 foot section and roll it up the long way then coil that across the bottom of the pan

>Checked
Is this about the right size?

What it looks like so far, this about right?

It's gonna be a little hotter above the meat than it would be if the pan had lower walls. I'm not a scientist so I don't know if the difference will be negligible or not. Sorry to make you paranoid

Not the guy but it should zig zag from wall to wall. The foil is rolled right though. Unless that's how big your steak is

It's a 2lb piece

Well does it fit on the foil? if it does you're good to god pal, post results after cooking.

Normally I zig zag mine but that should work, same basic concept you know. The idea is simply to elevate the meat to keep it from sitting in its own fluids.

Updated pic

It fit in the pan, sized it up while it was still in the packaging, will take a pic

And pic in the pan, it is supporting it well

Small question, why exactly are you baking a filet rather than pan frying it?

Looks good, should come out pretty tasty.

Because doing it in the oven times up well with prep for my sides

Did you season this piece of tiddlappadum?

It was pre-seasoned in a "Steakhouse flavor" marinade,y parents got it for me so I couldn't tell you where they got it from between Costco and BJs

There you go. Looks beddy good.

This bad boy needs some more time

Christ what is a Fahrenheit

Burger measure of heat

A degree of FreedomĀ®, of course you wouldn't recognize size it, Eurocuck

Got the temp upto 130 freedom degrees, so it went back in, I'm aiming for between 140-145

140 tops bruh, unless you like well done, cause that shit keeps cooking while you rest it

Auatralocuck*

Fancy you know this cock gobbler? He calls himself "the Meat Guy"

Sorry it's taken so long boys, here it is at correct temp