Beer general

Didn't see a beer thread.

What are you drinking, what are you looking forward to drinking?

Recently I've had the misfortune of drinking some Heineken and Rolling Rock. I must be late to realize this, but are most lesser tier lagers basically the same? I'm drinking the Heineken right now and it just has that all around low quality taste to it.

Wine for me please

Anything below 8% is basically swill for people who can't handle adult flavors (or hold their liquor for that matter)

It only exists because brewers can cut corners and still charge a lot of money for their bitch boy drinks

>the higher the abv the better the beer

Got some Arrogant Bastard in the fridge. Looking forward to that. Also got a sixer of Coors, because fuck it. I was heavily drinking IPS/DIPAs and Stouts for awhile, but holy fuck I got tired of the intensity and insane hangovers. Trying to cut back a little bit flavor wise.

Correct

>hey bros check out this dank microbrew IPA and stout I like to drink it while eating nutella-coated bacon xDDDDDDDD

>Trying to cut back a little bit flavor wise.
get the fuck off ck mayonnaise boy

>am-am I a big boy yet?

Not until you lose your virginity and clean up your shithole apt.

got a 6 pack of these the other day, I think they're brettygud

Yeah dude because beer that's way too sweet hoppy and intense in flavor just works with immediately being too drunk to taste flavor properly.

>muh imperial stouts

They all reach a point where they taste the fucking same no matter how good they are at first sip.

You guys use any special glassware? Looking around for nice ones...

Just get a pint glass if you want one. Pic related are cool to use once in a while, too. Drinking from the bottle isn't as frowned upon as you think, buddy.

I don't like drinking from the bottle because smelling the beer makes it a billion times better.

>like blue moon
>people say Hoegaarden is one of the best white beers
>blue moon tastes 1000 times better

Also shock top a shit. Blue moon and Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale are the 2 best beers ever. Also snake bites are fucking awesome

ebin false flag my friend
you should make your next set of spammed threads along these lines, quality shitposting

I immediately mistrust any beer that advertises itself as "crisp".

German wheat beers are the best wheat beers. Weihenstephaner is the best of them all, but Franziskaner is great too and probably easier to get for most Burgerinos. Paulaner is also acceptable. Avoid Erdinger.

Forgot pic

Weihenstephaner also makes one of the best lagers I've ever tasted.

if there is a company to trust is Sierra Nevada.

>did a tour of the brewery in Chico
>ken grossman happened to walk by
>spent the rest of the tour chilling with us and talking
>at least pretended to be interested in a paper I wrote that heavily focused on him

Obviously stuff like Rolling Rock, Pabst etc isn't as good but if you actually think it's gross then you're a snob and a pussy. Whenever someone talks down on cheaper brands I assume they're an asshole and I've never been wrong.

It's really not correct though. I enjoy a low ABV stout like Left Hand's Milk Stout just as much as, if not more, than I enjoy a meme high ABV one like Avery's Mephistopheles. Just for different reasons. There's just different things to enjoy about different styles/levels of beer, all of which have varying ABV's.

Tried pic related for the first time today, it was honestly pretty nice. Also had a bomber of Evil Twin's Double Liquid Fudge, which was pretty good.

I tried a few different things tonight.

This was a pretty nice saison. No complaints.

Had Sierra Nevadas Stout for the first time. Pretty nice, but I'd stick to other breweries for darker beers.

This was okay. I honestly couldn't tell the difference from AleSmiths's normal IPA. I'd sooner just get that next time.

SS-Cream is a really great beer. Haven't tried the Evil Twin Double Fudge, but I love a lot of their other imperial stouts so I'll look out for it.

I dunno what I was expecting from this, but I ended up liking it a lot.

Cactus beer? Who knew.

Stop posting.

anyway I have some of this and no camera. Lucky 13 mondo red ale. I should have bought this on release as it is not as fresh as it really should be. Still pretty good though.

Man people either love otra vez or hate it.

I think it's fucking repulsive but you do you.

This

To Ol Sky Mountain Sour. Had a few of them last night, the nicest beer I've had in a long time.

kill yourself

>please don't enjoy things, because I can't ;~;

posting premium (british) kenyan lager
nice beer
also not bad
I consider heineken and rolling rock to be good party beers. they're good for what they are when you need them

My friend still thinks all beer tastes like piss and ass how do I get him into it

You don't. You grow up and accept that some people like some things and some like others.

Hoegaarden is my water

Samichlaus is a great beer if you can stomach it.
Recently I've been drinking everything from the wychwood brewery. Good selection and good flavors for all the types of beer they make.

I'm drinking: nothing.

I'm looking forward to drinking: Two Czech pilsners, one Finnish pilsner, two kellerbiers, one Belgian strong ale at 8% in a 750ml bottle and one bottle of red wine.

Check ya Coles shop-a-docket ausfags, they're doing JS for $10 a 6 pack from Lickherland which is much better than the ridiculous $22.

This

I have a friend who is the biggest pleb you can imagine. He wasn't allowed to eat salt as a young kid for health reasons so he developed the most plebby palate you can imagine also the family is quite poor. He took sips of craft beer after craft beer and grimaced and ended up giving away the beer or pouring it out. What I did was to keep talking about different beers passionately, like I would be talking about trading cards or sports teams. This made him want to experience the same thing I did. He told me that he one day will succeed in liking 'odd beers' as well. He kept trying and failing trying and failing.
Suddenly he wrote to me on Skype that he now sat at home drinking four craft beers or so without pouring them out and kept going. I didn't even say anything (because I didn't want to risk spoiling it) but I knew he had reached his breakthrough. Today he drink most styles of beer without pouring them out or giving them away. For some it takes an awful lot of work but I believe anyone can learn to appreciate beer.

Seriously they have some good stuff. They're hefe is up there in the top ranks with real German ones.

Just did a small revision for these.

>piss
>pisse

beer is a meme drink

your life is a meme

How much cream do you put in your coffee?

Is this gonna be another one of Veeky Forumss famous alcoholic threads?

Drinking ten beers a day can be healthy as long as they are craft IPAs made in the Pacific Northwest

I wasn't getting much grapefruit overall but i liked the slight spice of the coriander. it's pretty subtle. I still liked though. What are some other good beers in this style?

Beer and wine coolers don't count, Randy

My gf is coming home from Vermont with some Heady Topper. Pretty happy.

They are brutygud, I had some the other day too.

she gave me and the boys some heady topper before heading back south

Just got back from the Sierra Nevada beer camp in Milwaukee that happened yesterday.

Anyone else happen to have been there?

wish my area received more To Ol varieties... we only get like 3-4 different types

>Go to beer festival with work friend and her boyfriend
>He's an insufferable man-child
>Insists on only drinking 3 or 4 beers because they're the strongest
>Gets drunk super fast and spills his spaghetti, has to go home at 8pm
>I stay there till midnight with his girlfriend sampling tons of crazy beer

I went to Poland on holiday with my friends recently, spent 6 hours drinking Atak Chmielu in the summer heat with a fucking gorgeous 22yr old Polish qt.

Great beer. Great night.

I wanted to but had prior commitments, how was it?
I did make it our to New Glarus earlier in the day for their 2015 Gueuze release which was awesome, also great atmosphere at that brewery though it was fucking hot outside I'll be happy if it doesn't hit 90F again this year

adore Heineken. it's my top. I've actually been day dreaming about getting some, but it's just too expensive. I wish all you guys who say it's bad and low quality would somehow make it cost less like the actual trash beer.

Its pretty bad. Probably the worst tier of beer to buy, shit beer quality for middle tier prices

>*chokes down an unnecessarily hoppy and bitter IPA* am I patrician now guise???? xddd

It was a really chill festival with a couple hundred beers but only maybe two people in line at a time at most. Nice day out, but hot.

Not too many things really stood out to me. Bear Republic had a new Racer 5 variation that was probably my favorite. Lots of fruity and spiced shit (more than one guava beer, for example). The Sierra Nevada collaborations weren't anything special, but it was still a really fun day.

There was also a gay pride event going on somewhere, and a knitting and buttons convention type thing, so last night/this morning it was fun walking around and having everyone either drunk/hungover, proud, or homely with fanny packs and quilts under their arms.

That's your feeble palate telling you you're inferior. I can't believe you're actually this upset that you're broken.

Stop drinking shitty west coast style IPA
If you buy an IPA that you find to be unnecessarily hoppy and bitter, you are just really bad at picking which brand to buy because most of them are not like that at all

Budwieser it's Meh but it's 4pm here not really trying to hit those 8% ers yet

This.
I love my good beer but really ill drink anything. Its especially dickish to talk down to your friends beer. Or beer at a party.

Yeah, Veeky Forums is the perfect place for talking down to shit beer, the vast majority of u wouldn't say a thing if it were a friend drinking shitty stuff, but anonymous people on the internet, thats a different story

Yeah dude that steel reserve is so much better than just about every beer out there

Oooo or that 12% chocolate coffee stout by saranac. It's high abv so it must be better even tho it tastes like shit!!

Haven't had a drop of alcohol in a year since my liver enzymes were fucked. Have shit ton of beers around the house, including cases of pic related. Going to start drinking them slowly.

>all those releases I missed

I probably won't chase like I used to but damn senpai

Couldn't afford to go when it came here last time. Was it any good?

Rolling rock is actually gross, but I'll drink most things and don't really give a shit what others drink.

So we all know the big trend in craft brews is to do some IPA that's extremely bitter because of the exorbitant amounts of hops used.

Do you guys have any suggestions for things that go down more mildly?

had an aurelian lure last night

Just like a regular IPA/APA especially those with more balanced midwestern or east coast style hop profiles (such as pic related), or a stout, or a wheat beer, maybe even try something sour. The choices are incredibly vast if you have access to a grocery store or liquor store

lol u fell for it

>IPAs are actually shit tier tho

Have any stouts to recommend?

what state?

Odell's porter is good, also left hand nitro milk stout

>left hand nitro milk stout
Not him, but I didn't like that one.I really did like the Stone Milk Stout though

northern VA

Not sure of any Virginia breweries myself, if you like coffee and are ok with a stronger beer definitely try Founders Breakfast stout, they have really wide distribution so you can probably find them, also Founders porter is good (porter and stout are more or less the same thing)

Thanks guys.

>tfw you just turned 21 and don't have a taste for beer

I've tried a few already (Killians, some microbrew thing called Cougar Bait, some seasonal pumpkin thing called Ichabod, plus other random X Lite) but none of them have really tickled anything for me besides Cougar Bait.
Any suggestions?

Go to a local brewery or beer oriented bar and try a flight of local stuff. Local is almost always best

Really? What didn't you like? It's just flavorful and inoffensive imo

>So we all know the big trend in craft brews is to do some IPA that's extremely bitter because of the exorbitant amounts of hops used.
t. meme king that actually doesn't know what's going on at all

Dunno, just wasn't a fan. It wasn't bad, but I prefer the Stone one heads and shoulders above the Left Hand

Sippin on this, might get some Redhook ESB or Ninkasi's Dawn of the Red.

Currently drinking a growler of Tired Hands Pina Colada Milkshake which is really fantastic, but I have some left over cans of the Calamansi Milkshake which is on another level. Tired Hands is killing it right now and I'm lucky to have them within a reasonable distance.

Yeah, see It was definitely a bit of an expense for me too right now, but was the first time me and the couple people I went with all had a weekend off together, so decided to make a little trip out of it.

Actually paid the $20 extra to be let in an hour early, which was honestly well worth it to be able to check everything out before the crowd, chat with the brewers, and get all the swag before it was gone. Should have brought sunscreen, though.

Forgot to mention, along with all sorts of fruit/spiced beers, session beers are apparently huge right now, because everyone seemed to have one.

This was the first beer I bought when I turned 21 pretty recently (not the first beer I've had of course)

Pretty good, the bitterness takes a bit to get used to but there's some good flavor in there.

I also had Oberon pretty recently and that was interesting. Had a neat sorta grapefruit-y taste. What do you guys think about it?

Who /maryland/ here?

Bought a lagunitas imperial stout. using the McDonalds WiFi. About to go in the woods to drink.

Been starting to try the different beers from the German island of RĂ¼gen.
The ale was just ok but I absolutely loved the stout. Definitely going to get more of that.

Bug spray

Has anyone tried getting their own keg?

Look at your life. Look at it.