What's the hottest pepper you can enjoy raw?

What's the hottest pepper you can enjoy raw?

What's the hottest pepper you ever tried?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FT8b_qNTM8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>pepper
That's a chilli son. Only retards eat them raw to show how cool they are.

t. Guy that's eaten a number of different chillies.

I eat all peppers raw. Even superhots.

Just eat them with food, build a little tolerance and you'll be fine.

>Only retards eat them raw to show how cool they are
Technically, they're hot and not cool.

>chilli
No, it's still a pepper

>I eat all peppers raw. Even superhots.
mmmhmmm tell me more big boy.

even though I am still "learning the burn curve," these are my go tos when I need some heat

Technically, those are still hot because they contain trace amounts of capsaicin.

Science wins again

>enjoy
Jalapenos. They're at that perfect level of heat and delicious that can keep me eating them all day, especially piled on a hot dog or some nachos
>hottest
Ghost pepper. Tried it once because fuck it why not, just so I can say I did. I remember I got a faintly sour taste before the heat overpowered everything, killing any flavor I might've enjoyed.
I enjoy spicy things and spicy foods, but theres a threshold between heat and tastyness.

FUCKING MURRICANS REEEEEEEEEEEE

i eat these raw with balsamic vinegar, and some cheese slices. mmm

literlely this onley gey babey's dont eat peper's row

There's no rule that says you have to eat the entire pepper in a single sitting, ya'know? If I'm having superhots I'll usually nibble at a single pod for days until I finish it.

Superhots are really really tasty in my opinion.

banana pepper :3

It gives me this odd sense of patriotism that the worlds hottest pepper is grown literally in some guys back yard in Carolina

Honestly, why? Some guy in Japan will probably out-autist the carolina guy in a few years and make something even more inedible.

If there's one thing that annoys me about the US it's the lack of respect for chiles, as if they only exist as some kind of jackass-style food dare. In the average grocery store you find bell peppers and habaneros, period, end of story. Maybe if it's an especially good store, you might get poblanos and serranos, big whoop.

I miss living in Mexico where chiles are actually taken seriously as a food, and not a prank novelty.

Is it twue that humans are the only mammals that seek out food that is super hot like that?

Jalapenos taste like garbage though, literally the Red Delicious Apple of chiles.

Birdseye are objectively the best general-purpose chile. If you disagree with me you are just wrong, sorry but that's life. We can't all be winners.

Birds eat chilis because capsaicin doesn't affect them. Not exactly the answer you're looking for, I know.

Have you ever heard of a farmer's market?

Yeah, where I'm from a farmers market is for locally grown produce, not just "some guy selling shitty oil paintings and some bulk vegetables he got at sam's club", which I understand is what much of Veeky Forums thinks of when they hear "farmers market". Like it's just a special place to sell stuff in the open air.

Around here, you can get a wide variety of chiles from mid summer to early autumn, I think you'll find that in most parts of the US, chiles don't grow in January. And when they do it's shitty places like South Florida where they don't take chiles seriously because it's just a bunch of Cubans and Jews.

Anyway, yeah, farmers markets for a few months, the rest of the year, you're fucked. Grocery stores, you're fucked.

Why, do they import chiles from abroad to sell at your local farmers market?

No, but around here we have a bunch of old ladies who like to sell their home grown peppers, some good, some put into jams for some unexplained reason. I live in the midwest and as long as you make sure to watch your garden constantly, then you can grow tons of various peppers.

>I live in the midwest
And therefore, you're not getting fresh local birds eye chiles in January.

My point is it seems there's demand for bananas and spinach and blueberries and fucking starfruit, we can get those year round flown in by jet plane, but not a good selection of fresh chiles?

It's not taken seriously.

With a glass of water i can enjoy a Habanero high, i used to mix habanero sauce with louisiana a lot.

Other than that, fresh home grown Ancho's are pretty good when eaten fresh.

> i used to mix habanero sauce with louisiana.

I used to mix Louisiana habanero sauce with noodles a lot. Speaking of which, perhaps i should get me some, used to be a while ago since i had them.

Carolina reaper. I learn about this pepper from this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=FT8b_qNTM8U

broad at work grows Carolina reapers

boss offered $250 for somebosy to eat 3 raw

little did they know I have dulled taste buds

>taste buds

nice fake story, loser

>building tolerance to nerve damage

>What's the hottest pepper you can enjoy raw?

Enojy being the key word: normal ass cayennes. My parents used to grow them (still do, I think), and I'd eat them off the string after they'd bring them in to dry out.

I like pickled jalapenos too.

>What's the hottest pepper you ever tried?

Knowingly: raw jalapeno. I don't fuck with chilis too much, though.

Unknowingly: I've had this-and-that korean sauce before that's got chilis in it, but I don't know what cultivars the koreans use. Those fuckers are all over heat like flies are all over stink on shit.

lots of dogs will eat spicy food and love peppers

I know a guy who wins a yearly habanero eating contest by getting ripped to the tits on ketamine. I think he's done it like, 4 years in a row or something

is typing out the really that hard

I have California Reaper and Bhut Jolokia growing now, just for fun. They'll probably give me stomach ulcers which will be way less fun. I also have some habanero, jalapeƱo and Spanish peppers for regular consumption.

Jalapenos are like candy.

When it comes to the superhots, I don't enjoy eating them whole, but I can enjoy slicing them very thin and tossing them on a meal, or in a salad. I prefer to cook the superhots with my meals, though. My main pepper is the habanero, as I eat them mixed with my meals pretty much on a daily basis.

The hottest I've had are the bhut jolokia's I grew, and while they have a very delicious citrus flavor to them, they're just too hot for me to enjoy raw unless they're sliced stupid thin.

I guess the hottest pepper I ate straight was a jalapeno.

That being said, I cook ghost pepper salsa into a lot of things.

Carolina reapers are fun. Great flavour.

Bought some reapers and harbaneros the other day, so I'm fermenting them for fun.

Are they just as easy to grow as a lot of the other peppers? I have a spot open in my planter box and I was thinking of doing something different.

I didn't have any problems.

I grew them indoors in coco using dyna-gro nutes under a 600w HPS and pollinated the flowers myself with a q-tip.

enjoy: Habanero - thin slices, good with pineapple and a bit of lime juice.

tried: Reapers... fffffffffuck that noise. (Didn't stop me from trying to grow four plants).

There's a Hawaiian chili pepper bush in the backyard at work; I like to use them in soups, and make infused oils with them.
I like to convince new workers to try them, demonstrating their supposed innocence by eating one first.
Eating one straight gives me heartburn immediately after, but new guys usually gag and cough, it's good fun.

You sound like a fungi

You know cayenne peppers are way hotter than jalapenos right?

I ate a Scotch Bonnet at a friend's sleepover once where he had a pepper eating contest. Fuck, it hurt so bad, I immediately chugged 5 glasses of milk then ran my mouth through ice water for 10 minutes

Ate one of my friend's habaneros raw in one bite once. I think he fucked up cause it wasn't that hot.

Are you having a stroke?

I once sprayed OC spray (pepper spray) I was issued in the military into a pot of chili I cooked.

Wouldn't recommend it. Asshole burned for days and I eat super hots all the time.

>enjoy raw
i can enjoy good habaneros if i nibble on them slowly
serranos are my favorites, and they get quite a bit hotter than the scoville scale would lead you to believe

>hottest you've tried
ive had dried ghost pepper, but i've never seen superhots in any grocery stores nor have i bothered seeking them out, ive had a a few miserably hot sauces though

Supposedly the trick was in soaking earthworm skins for fertilizer or something of that nature

It also needs to be stabilized, which is why you don't see any new superhots taking the #1 place, although they most likely exist (see Chocolate Bhutlah)

I enjoy Habaneros, and I've successfully grown (and eaten)ghost peppers. Tried growing carolina reapers, but they are SUPER sensitive to everything.

Oops, misread. I have eaten a carolina reaper, and that shit burned, but it died down surprisingly fast.