Do i put the egg in with the water or after?

do i put the egg in with the water or after?

With.

Do you want the egg to cook or not?

i cook the noodles in the broth, remove noodles from broth, add egg to broth, then pour over the noodles when egg is cooked.

Gross overcooked strands of scrambled egg...

I crack an egg in when there's about a minute left, as it will continue to cook after the broth/noodles have been taken off the heat. That gives me something like a poached egg.

Oh, and sometimes I'll stir in a beaten egg maybe 10 seconds before taking it off the heat.

After. It doesn't need very much time.

it goes on top

After the noodles loosen but before I add the just-before-serving ingredients.

I add it in near the end. Usually stir it around like you do for an egg drop soup.

You drop it in like a poached egg.
It cooks while the noodles cook.

Japanese eat raw eggs all the time, and it's perfectly safe because Japan has MUCH more stringent cleanliness regulations when it comes to thinks like commercial animal farming. They'll just crack that bitch right in after it's cooking and go to town.

I just watched an episode of a japanese variety/cooking show where they ate raw egg on a pile of raw ground beef.

That's actually a thing. It's a French dish called steak tartare.

after the noodles are cooked, stir it in with the drained noodles and then pour the broth over the top

>2015 meme cuisine

Also a staple midwestern dish with some raw onion and whathaveyou.

>I'm an American who never left my hometown

I add the egg almost at the end. It only needs like 10 seconds of boiling to be done, and overcooked egg sucks.

Thanks for the info, chef.

>I'm interested in Japanese things.

beef tartare is great

I drain the broth then add it. Welfare carbonara.

That's just yuk whe

I had yuk hwe in NYC and it changed my life.

While the noodle is being boiled, drop the egg in and stir it