The burgers you make at home never taste as good as the pre-made frozen ones!

The burgers you make at home never taste as good as the pre-made frozen ones!

Other urls found in this thread:

foodsafety.gov/blog/meatinrefrig.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>classic image.png

they are actually decent

If this is true for you I am sorry.

This. How is it possible to be this bad at cooking?

Well, this is Veeky Forums.

I'm pretty decent at cooking but I dont cook with ground beef enough to be decent at making and shaping a hamburger better than the frozen pucks you can buy.

>fully cooked

>Buying raw meat

Learn how to make a burger you lazy fuck

They make burger presses for this very purpose.

I literally just ate two of these earlier, and it was the only thing I ate all day.

Pretty good.

They're just disks user, no college degree required.

Well, they do have those presses if you're that inept. Or you could just wet your hands and form a fucking disc you chongo.

Presses suck. the over-compress the meat, ruining the texture of the finished burger. The idea is to muck with the meat as little as possible.

I have no qualms against this because it sucks to have to either use all your raw meat within a day or two of buying it, or preform it yourself into burger patties and wrap them all individually before freezing so you aren't re defrosting the same beef over and over

How shitty is your fridge? Should last a week minimum, even after opening if you put some saran wrap over it.

foodsafety.gov/blog/meatinrefrig.html

Should only keep it in there for 2 days to be safe

you can form the meat into the press very gently and still use one of those "presses" to get the shape right... i wouldn't even call most of them a press.

i use a cutting board and round cookie cutting tin. i throw in a glob of meat and gently push it into the shape.. lift the cutter, and scrap the patty free with a knife.

perfect shaped patties with the right thickness is like 75% of the burger game. the other 25% is not overcooking them. you can have aperfectly cooked burger but if it hangs off the bun or leaves too much bun uncovered by meat its just not a good burger. this crucial step is often overlooked by most home cooks.

It tastes better fresh anyway... but yeah - ever since getting food poisoning on some beef that was in my fridge for about a week a couple years ago, i buy and eat meat within 24 hours of purchase generally, and rarely within the next 24 after that. excellent guideline that everyone should use.

>you can form the meat into the press very gently and still use one of those "presses" to get the shape right

Yeah, but at that point it's no different that just using your hands. worse, in fact. Since using your hands lets you make the patty thinner in the center, so that it ends up with uniform thickness during cooking.

>>perfect shaped patties with the right thickness is like 75% of the burger game

I agree. But it requires nothing more than your hands and a tiny little bit of effort.

who else is looking forward to the impending get?

Who gives a shit?

>Since using your hands lets you make the patty thinner in the center, so that it ends up with uniform thickness during cooking.

I do this with the cutter method i described. Nothing stopping you from changing thickness throughout patty.

if you precut little squares of wax or parchment paper you can put them down before you put down the ring and add meat and remove the ring and top with another slice of paper.. this makes it easy to apply them to the grill without getting your hands dirty.

A set of cookie cutters can also make sure that all patties are perfectly uniform, and you can pick out a cutter from the set that fits the buns you are using... (make sure to adjust for shrinkage while cooking)

Why is this board so humourless?

>Nothing stopping you from changing thickness throughout patty.

Sure. It's just more effort to bother with using the cutter for the outside.

>>A set of cookie cutters can also make sure that all patties are perfectly uniform

No, it only makes the outside diameter uniform. The thickness is still variable.

It just seems like extra effort for no real benefit to me. Why the cutter at all? Why not just grab some meat and shape it into the diameter you want with your hands?

Watch me get it right now