Thoughts on Kombucha?

Thoughts on Kombucha?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FKsUJlQEcOQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It sounds gross, never had it though. I'm curious as well.

It is delicious and supporters tout lots of health benefits. I drink it occasionally simply because it is delicious and gets a buzz rolling.

i like a good 'buch. fruity and bubbly like a soda but with loads of probiotics. they're $3 a bottle though so i only get them occasionally. brewing your own sounds fun though

kefir and other probiotic shit is superior

Always seemed like just another hipster food to me. I've had it once, but it was fruit flavored and from a can.

Kombucha, as a concept, SOUNDS fucking disgusting. It's actually really really good, though. Good for you, as well.

Made my own kombucha a few times, it was a lot of fun and i plan on getting back into it.
Keffir is also really easy, starting ur day with a frozen fruit and greens protein keffir smoothie is awesome.

Good stuff, my mummy makes it sometimes.

That's just a meme like calling it a super food. It's good but not a health drink

Tastes pretty good.

Similar to a strong, black tea with some form of fruit in it, followed by a strong sour bite afterward. It's not magic or anything, but it's tasty.

It's supposed to be "good" for you, but I don't really buy that shit. I just think it tastes good.

hipster soda.

Tastes great. It's a little expensive and I didn't get into making my own so I don't have it as often but I still like it.

Its supposed to be great for your gut. I tried making some left it too longer and its vingery. Thinking of turning that into my scoby hotel and making more.

Any advice?

Do you eat the thing floating on top of the tea?

That thing is a SCOBY, a bacterial colony.
You don't eat it, but you can keep it and make more kombucha with it.

It goes well with a good 'go 'za.

Strain it out and use it plus some of the old liquid on the new tea.

As for soda alternatives, fruit kefir is quicker and easier to make.

I bought some refrigerated stuff from my local hippie store and it tasted like vinegary iced tea with some fruit added

I didn't particularly dislike it, I've just heard stories of people trying to make it themselves and getting blood infections and shit so I'm not really into it

Tastes awful

Tastes bnretty good

If you drink 2 g.t. daves original and eat a quarter pounder meal you will legit shit your brains out

Brew your own, add basil seeds and ginger.

i love it but i only drink it for the taste, its probably good for your gut bacteria though.

Its literally just weak alcohol

too expensive to drink someone else's, too much of a pussy to risk making my own without fucking it up and going to the hospital

>without fucking it up and going to the hospital
impossible

This. The fungi and bacteria in the SCOBY and the acidity keep harmful microbes from growing.

The mushroom people sitting around all day?

litteraly nothing backing up it is good for you

as far as health goes
Drink if you like the taste
But there is no evidence it does jack shit

Basically this.
youtube.com/watch?v=FKsUJlQEcOQ