Let's go vegan for a month

Going vegan is the easiest thing and the best thing I ever did for my health and wellness.

>cheap
>don't kill animals
>Loose weight the right way
>not putting processed shit in your body
>Smaller footprint on the world
>Easy to maintain

Why don't people ever give it a try and see how it changes their lives for a month? I Guarantee that it will make a huge difference in that time frame.

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/top-5-reasons-why-vegan-diets-are-a-terrible-idea/
theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/
forksoverknives.com/type-1-diabetes-vegan-diet/
theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/animals
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23283037
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20425575
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24523914
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19336640
pcrm.org/health/medNews/animal-protein-linked-to-increased-diabetes-risk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19386029
pcrm.org/health/medNews/vegan-diet-best-for-type-2-diabetes
theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/health
youtube.com/watch?v=6t4tBmbPko8
youtube.com/watch?v=HRrE3FW7wZk
youtube.com/watch?v=gm-UcdE3nTQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Loose
no thanks
i don't dine with morons

But today is international meat day.

authoritynutrition.com/top-5-reasons-why-vegan-diets-are-a-terrible-idea/

It's fine with me since i can still eat oysters

>i use "evidence" to justify ritual torture and slaughter

>cheap
not any cheaper than a non vegan diet
>don't kill animals
most people, like myself, don't care
>lose weight the right way
how about you just exercise you lazy fuck
you can be vegan and still put processed shit in your body
>smaller footprint on the world
see: animals
>easy to maintain
what does this even mean, I hope you're not implying it's easier to be a vegan than an omnivore

>see: animals
Humans are animals

Not thanks im already a skelly that cant gain weight

seven

>let's go vegan for a month

the wifey is taiwanese. she'd take me to the hospital if i told her i wanted to stop eating meat.

>giving a single shit about farm animals
dumb cuck

yes and I don't care much for humans either, but cannibalization is generally bad for your health due to humans being poor quality meat

>wifey
Guess how I know you've never been near a woman

you're suffering from malignant astrocytoma and believe you know things about which you could not possibly have any information?

you're not proving anything here, virgin

Post cocks to see who bigger

>Let's go vegan for a month

HAHAHAHAHA FUCK NO!!!!

Tst

you told me to guess

>authoritynutrition.com/top-5-reasons-why-vegan-diets-are-a-terrible-idea/

so the health boards of every first world country are all wrong. huh, good to know. thanks Authority Nutrition (tm)(c)

No thanks. I'm a type 1 diabetic. Low carb high fat works the best for me. I am healthier and it makes my healthcare much, much cheaper. I don't eat processed foods and I reject both consumerist culture and moral superiority complexes. I have a smaller carbon footprint than anyone I know. I grow my own vegetables and raise chickens. Have a nice day.

>authoritynutrition

Borderline Buzzfeed tier

I'd like to start eating more vegetarian and vegan meals but I don't plan on ever going full vegan.

>the wifey is taiwanese.
How much did that cost?

We are Human Beings
we are animals and the same time we aren't

This is Veeky Forums not /phylosophy/ or /biology/ please try to ask cooking related topics

I've been doing it over 6 years. It is so fucking ridiculously easy, if people ever tried they'd get it. Gets easier and easier as you go too. And the vegan market has expanded since I've been vegan (I like to think my activism played a role in this), so even more so for that reason.

Personally I think it takes more than a month to really get it, depending on the person. Someone could literally eat the same thing they usually do and just cut out meat and dairy and think it's a horrible diet, but they just weren't doing it right and for them a month wasn't long enough for them to get the hang of it.

Since people here are into cooking, here's one right way to do it: theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/

>not giving a single shit about farm animals

Overcompensating "tough guy" who is actually a huge fucking pussy who is too weak to go vegan so pretends it's the cool thing to do to not care, not realizing it's not convincing to anyone who isn't also overcompensating.

forksoverknives.com/type-1-diabetes-vegan-diet/

....But what am I posting that for? You deserve to suffer.

Pretty much all of those products are typically vegan and they're using extremely rare examples, or they aren't necessary at all and most vegans are very aware of them...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>muh animals
the only reason farm animals exist is to be eaten by humans. if it werent for that, none of them would have been brought into this world by the farmer in the first place.

I don't think it's evil to eat or even to kill animals but it is evil to force them to grow up in nightmare factories

I try to eat less meat so when I do buy it, I can buy more ethically raised stuff

Do you have an argument somewhere in there?

And this is supposed to be a bad thing? Their existence is the number one anthropogenic cause of climate change and much more environmental degradation beyond that, from the day they're born their lives are filled with extreme abuse and torture, their consumption is deadly to humans, and I could go on.

But yeah sure the farmer's are just making sure they get to experience life, awwww.

You may want to sit down for this...

Even "Certified Humane" farms severely abuse animals.

theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/animals

>murdering plants

because i like eating figs

Yeah I know, and that fucking sucks dick. There's no point at which capitalism and a certain basic level of respect for lesser creatures intersect

2 words. Vegan cheese.
Tried this shit once and without a doubt one of the worst taste and texture combinations I have ever encountered. If this is the future I want no part of it

Fuck vegans. Dumbfuck passive-agressive little shits. Piss off.

which cheese did you try? some brands in stores, like daiya, are absolute garbage but there are some absolutely delicious ones

hell you can even make your own with a bag of cashews and a good blender

miyoko's kitchen cheese is the good shit

Nah, you're about as bad as those door to door religious salesmen. Enjoy what you want, the second you get preachy and want to push your shit on to me? Naw, ain't having that.

i can't remember the brand. It was orange coloured and made from coconut oil. It was a few years ago and i'd honestly be amazed if it still exists

OP isn't a vegan. This was obviously intended to be a vegan-bashing thread.

I've been a diabetic for 30 years. That link is the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever read. High starch diets DO NOT make managing type 1 diabetes easier by any metric. It requires constant blood glucose monitoring, frequent injections, rigid daily meal planning and carb load/medication/exercise calculatiuon, as well as being at least two times more expensive. I'm doing very well now. You deserve to shut your whore mouth, you ignorant, preachy, holier-than-thou cunt. You are a God damned horrible person for telling someone they deserve to suffer for learning to manage their auto-immune disease very well and be healthy despite it going against your idea of how it should be done. I have been a diabetic longer than that whackjob, and I guarantee you I am in better health. My doctors have included me in papers about the effectiveness of my diet for type 1's. I sincerely hope you learn to be a better person, because you aren't one now. Fucker.

If you ignore the ones that vegans generally avoid, ones that have a multitude of vegan options that people choose, and the ones that repeat themselves, you only have about 3 valid points on this lmao

The main reason for most people is: because i like animal products
The world is so complex nowadays, that you could pick a million things that could be changed to make the world a better place, the wellbeing of animals is just not even close to my "top of the list".
Also a cooking forum, a place for people that value "taste"/eating and thus having a variety of products higher than your average person, is probably the wrong place for trying to convert people, especially since people interested in cooking, most likely, are already more conscious about what they eat.
No vegan/vegetarian i know values food and taste very highly.
concerning your points
>cheap
completely false
>Easy to maintain
much higher effort needed in sourcing products and recipes and cooking in general
whatever the "right way" is, but meatconsumption typically isnt what makes people fat, still true though because cooking and eating vegan is a hussle so you naturally eat less often.

I know this is bait and you want to get attention to this blog, but still

i agree

>"evidence"

It's evidence. No quotes, you dumb fuck. Clear as day.

Until going off animal products doesn't make you sick, I'm still going to eat them.

is-ought

Veganism = Malnutrition

It's coming

>for my health
Not falling for it.

I was going to go Vegan but your mum said I couldn't eat her cunt if I did. Eat you fucking steak son.

the only legit reason to go vegan is muh greenhouse gasses.
even then just getting the general population to eat less meat would be sufficient.
oh and cutting down on wasted food.

You dismissed veganism as a "moral superiority complex". You deserve to suffer. And it's already been proven that a vegan diet is the best for type 2 diabetes. Seems like it's not far from being proven to be the best for type 1 as well.

Diabetes, hypertension, obesity more prevalent among meat-eaters than vegetarians: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23283037
Vegetarian and vegan diets have advantages in treating type 2 diabetes:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20425575
Strong protective association between Taiwanese vegetarian diet and diabetes:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24523914
Strong protective association between vegetarian diet and diabetes (after controlling for confounders): ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24523914
Lower intakes of saturated fat may reduce cognitive decline in individuals with type 2 diabetes:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19336640
Diets higher in protein and animal protein increase diabetes risk: pcrm.org/health/medNews/animal-protein-linked-to-increased-diabetes-risk
Vegetarian and vegan diets present advantages for type 2 diabetes treatment:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19386029

pcrm.org/health/medNews/vegan-diet-best-for-type-2-diabetes

Also, Insulin-dependent diabetes (Type I or childhood-onset) is linked to consumption of dairy products. Epidemiological studies of various countries show a strong correlation between the use of dairy products and the incidence of insulin-dependent diabetes.17,18 Researchers in 199218 found that a specific dairy protein sparks an auto-immune reaction, which is believed to be what destroys the insulin-producing cells of the pancreas.

17. Scott FW. Cow milk and insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: is there a relationship? Am J Clin Nutr 1990;51:489-91.

18. Karjalainen J, Martin JM, Knip M, et al. A bovine albumin peptide as a possible trigger of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. N Engl J Med 1992;327:302-7.

You torture animals and push environmental destruction on me and every other living being on the planet. And you're getting bitchy at ME for trying to get people to stop. Kill yourself.

This is the dumbest thing for so many reasons. I'm going to save myself time and assume you're making a joke though.

>7777673

>Food processing is the transformation of raw ingredients, by physical or chemical means into food, or of food into other forms.

theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/health

>You torture animals and push environmental destruction on me

so do you. look at your cell phone.

the tally is ongoing

Why not improve things where you're able?

If you give up technology, what do you have left? That wouldn't be reasonable.

>If you give up technology, what do you have left? That wouldn't be reasonable.

Ah, so as soon as it's a thing you like, it isn't reasonable?

The Amish would disagree with your assessment by the way. From their perspective you're an inveterate sinner who has strayed from the path. They are morally superior to you.

because meat improves my lifestyle.
animals are bred to be killed, this wont stop because its a renewable source, and its deliciously nutricious. get your head out of your ass. your middleclass pseudoactivism only makes yourself feel better and your social circlejerk

It's not about liking it. It's for better or worse a crucial part of doing pretty much anything these days, meat isn't.

Giving up a type of food doesn't mean completely withdrawing from modern society. Pretend it's an allergy.

Would your life change in any meaningful way if you were suddenly vegan?

>. It's for better or worse a crucial part of doing pretty much anything these days

Like cell phones and computers? Why haven't you given those up yet?

>>Would your life change in any meaningful way if you were suddenly vegan?

Massivley. Food without meat-based stocks, etc, would suck something fierce. Not to mention it's silly (from a nutritional perspective) to cut out a whole food group for those reasons.

Not going on facebook every five minutes won't mean you withdraw from society either if that's what you think. Heck, I'd

>It's for better or worse a crucial part of doing pretty much anything these days

Sorry, you've lost the moral high ground to the Amish, you evil sinning bastard.

>Would your life change in any meaningful way if you were suddenly vegan?

yeah i'd be a whiny insufferable cunt, apparently

Nice propaganda

The overwhelming majority of vegan fags have NEVER left the safety of their urbanite western world, which means they haven't seen the difference between humans raised on a steady supply of animal protein, and those that haven't.

The difference is startling.

Not only do we tend to be taller, but we have greater bone density and muscle mass. We're like "super humans" compared to the protein deprived vegan fags that exist in Asia, Africa, and every other shit hole that survives mainly on veganism.

Any western parent that tries to raise their kid on a vegan diet is fucking them HARD, as they won't develop to be as big and strong as their meat eating peers.

You all can go vegan and turn into giant pussies if you want, but I'll stick with being an omnivore and maintain my muscle mass so as to be able to throw you pussies through a wall should the need ever arise.

dying is the best thing i did for my health
>cheap
>don't kill animals
>Easy to maintain

Decent bait

feeling empathy for non humans is a telltale sign of sociopathy and genetic defects tho

>should the need ever arise

When would you ever need to do that.

>cheap
Not for a proper vegan diet that doesn't taste like bland shit.
>don't kill animals
Could not give less of a fuck.
"Processed" is an absolutely meaningless buzzword when it comes to food. If anything you need more processes to make vegetables palatable than meat.
>Easy to maintain
Not as easy as a normal diet where I don't have to take supplements or worry about being malnourished.

None of it is bait, user.

None of it.

Weak bait

Sure, pal.

Sure.

>not for a proper vegan diet that doesn't taste like bland shit

You just sound like a shit cook

>Could not give less of a fuck

That's because you're a deranged aspie

>where I don't have to take supplements

A lot of people take supplements, a lot of people aren't vegan, only thing you might need to supplement is B12 anyways

>about being malnourished
Most people are probably "malnourished" by your standards in that they are deficient in something. It's not hard if you keep track of your diet like anyone in the world should

You subscribe to outdated stereotypes

Even weaker, still getting a (You) so I suppose it's not THAT awful

i also have type 1 diabetes and i am very skinny i simply cant get enough calories through vegetables

i need fat i like to eat meat with my veggies all the time

fat has no effect on blood glucose

starch does sugar in fruit does

veggies are low carb though while they do have effects on blood glucose its smaller

but meat is one of the best things for diabetic like me

Nah. Don't wanna.

If it weren't for us there would be no cows, inferior horses, no pigs, no chickens.

If we wouldn't eat farm animals they would've been be extinct or never have existed.

*citation needed*

Come on just believe it and enjoy your steak. Honest to god though, in current climate (no predators but humans) they'd survive. Diary cattle would die though.

I just hate people sobbing about cattle. I'm a supporter of wildlife and absolutely despise hunting or eating endangered species though.

>daiya
>trash
ayy fuk u
Daiya is absolutely scrum-diddleyumptuous tier when melted on pizzas or in recipes, but trash plastic shreds when eaten cold. If you're the type of person who eats shreds out of the bag without bothering to cook them, though, then you're a mongol and have bad taste.

PS kite hill shits on miyoko

That person is pretty out there. Telling type 1 diabetics to eat high carb diets is like telling people with lung cancer to smoke more cigarettes. But you know, it's cool, they make better medications all the time. What, you don't want to spend thousands of dollars a month on healthcare or be a drain on the public healthcare system? Well fuck you then. You deserve to suffer.

Just listen to your doctors, not retards on the internet.

how about do some research on your own and learn how diabetes actually work and what causes it.

youtube.com/watch?v=6t4tBmbPko8

youtube.com/watch?v=HRrE3FW7wZk

youtube.com/watch?v=gm-UcdE3nTQ

If it weren't for us there would be no African Americans.

If we didn't enslave Africans they would've been extinct or never existed.

Guy, you're not rocking my world here. Type 1 and type 2 are distinctly different diseases with some similarities. I've had the type 1 beetus since I was a child. I've been doing the ketogenic diet since before endocrinologists started recommending it to their type 1 patients. You need to chill and accept you're not an endocrinologist and veganism is not healthier for every person on the planet. I ain't even annoyed by your bizarreness anymore. Just laughin at you, bub. You're trolling Veeky Forums cooking boards for people with medical conditions? That's pretty neato.

Why are vegans in such denial? You don't even need to travel to a foreign country, just go outside and wait for Asians to show up.

Compare the young Asians born in the USA with their parents. Not only are the younger ones much taller, their bones are considerably larger. The only difference is that their parents were deprived of animal protein.

The difference exists everywhere on the planet. The milk-drinking Tutsi are far taller than the farmer Hutu, the Khampa of Tibet are recorded as being much larger than the other Aisans around them, and the Plains Indians (who ate mainly buffalo and little else) amazed the American settlers by their health and height.

>conveniently forgets about hunting wild game