Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I didn't see one in the catalog.

Does anyone know where to buy can shaped molds for gelatin? I've seen bottles and ice trays for bottle but never to scale can halves. And I tried searching google for various terms and nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/ck/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=qtddtot&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
youtube.com/user/WeberCooks
nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-contamination-of-tea/
youtube.com/watch?v=LoWCMzHWlRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah you didn't see one in the catalog because although we're a bunch of alcoholic, fast-food addicted, australian-tier shitposters, at least we have enough pride not to encourage QTDDTOT threads which are the hallmark of a shit board

If these become a thing here I'm leaving for good, like seriously all we need at that point is for Sieg to start posting here regularly

How do I make 'de 'ga 'za?

Because they totally were never made before

warosu.org/ck/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=qtddtot&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

Does anyone have ideas for vegan stuff to deep fry? I've made fried pickles, onion rings, sweet potato fries and fried oreo, and I'm gonna be doing some tempura veggies.

Any other ideas? Thanks

What the fuck is 'go' "za'?

>oreo
>vegan

God sqt threads are fucking shit, they ruin boards. This isnt what Veeky Forums is meant to be for, if you need to ask these retarded questions go to something like reddit or google.

chicaGO pizZA. It's the latest, epic new meme my newfag friend.

A byword on Veeky Forums for the horseshaped dildos from Bad Dragon that the poster sodomizes themself with.

It is, the cream has no milk

Oh yes Veeky Forums has gotten so horrible since these threads have been implemented, let's just ignore all the autism fast food and pizza shitposting pls pay attention to me

Here's your (You)

When I make fries they always end up soggy after few minutes. How to stop this? Should I blanche, double fry them or what?

is it really worth getting $100+ knives or would it be better getting a good quality sharpener? any particular recommendations? Thanks

double fry, let em sit for a bit after the first fry then throw throw em back in

Don't fry frozen or wet fries unless you're doing the thrice cooked method.

the filling and cookie is made with confectioners sugar which is made from refined cane sugar which is filtered using bone ash, good job murderer

>double fry them or what?

Ideally, yes.

Also, put them on a RACK once they come out of the fryer, not onto a solid plate. You want air to be able to circulate around them otherwise the steam from the hot food will make them soggy when trapped against a solid surface.

Yea it is worth it. Depends on the knife makers though. Expensive knives are going to have higher quality metal that will hold an edge longer and won't chip as easy.

why is she so fucking useless

thats not necessarily true, the angle of the sharpen determines the strength of the edge for the most part.

I wouldn't buy a decent knife without buying a decent sharpener as well. That's unless you're willing to pay to have it sharpened for you regularly. A dull quality knife won't do you any better than a dull cheap knife.

Should I eat bones?

What's a good spice to use in a ground turkey casserole dish?

if you have some eggs that go bad tomorrow and you use them to bake a cake then does that mean the cake goes bad tomorrow?
i'm asking if the cake is a separate entity after its done cooking or is the cake a sum of its parts.

cake is heated to a temperature that it kills bacteria within it so its fine.

The cake is more than the sum of it's parts, and those eggs don't suddenly become poisonous on their expiration date.

Cooked proteins can be held for another 5 days, especially if you aren't selling them to folk.

Is there a difference between heavy cream and heavy whipping cream? My grocery store doesn't seem to carry heavy cream.

Zucchini flowers, tofu, chicken.

Don't feel like looking up 7779862, but they are also made on equipment that handles dairy so they aren't vegan

Does anyone have any experience ordering food online? I'm not talking about a whole grocery list, but bulk things like rice noodles or condensed products

You'll eventually need sharpening and honing tools either way, and you're lazy ass probably isn't going to cook much, so just get a cheap stamped Victorinox until you know why you want something better.

posted on fit's QTDDTOT

anyone have a recipie for home made ensure?

heard its got mad preservatives
and its made by nestle

You may like soylent recipes. But that reductionist approach to nutrition misses a lot.

I wanna start eating breakfast (haven't for 10+ years) and I was thinking yogurt, some type of fruit, and oats/oatmeal/granola or something. Any suggestions?

oatmeal. fruit, nuts, flax is pretty good breakfast

Does anyone know a brand of mayo that doesnt contain fuckin guar-gum or xanthan-gum?
I need some mayo every now and then but I dont wanna eat that shit.

The one you make at home. It's stupid easy to make mayo, especially if you have a blender. Put your egg and a little vinegar in there. Run the blender while slowing pouring in oil. My neighbor taught me how to do this when we were 9 years old.

I do that minus the grain and plus a drizzle of maple syrup.

It's p gud.

MORE MAYO, WHITE BOY???

>Non-GMO Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Filtered Water, Lemon Juice, White Vinegar, 2% or Less of the Following: Organic Sugar, Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Pea Protein, Spices, Garlic, Modified Food Starch, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Disodium EDTA (to Preserve Freshness).

Are those ingredients acceptable? That's Just Mayo (a double entendre).

But why go out of your way for nutrient-free calories? There isn't much room for that shit if you want to avoid deficiency. The average american suffers seven nutrient deficiencies.

I prefer Hellman's but I've had Just Mayo and it's pretty good.

What should i do with his left over puff pasty i have in my freezer, no sweet stuff please

What you *should* do is discard it.

Make meat pies. You can do it pasty-style, or you could make a pot pie.

Is there any cooking infographs?
I moved out recently, and I only have microwave to use.
What stuff I can make with it?
I've been using it to cook potato.

Why would i do that? There is nothing wrong with it I just bought too much, So i have a leftover roll

I think he's calling you fat, bro.

It's white flour and fat isolate. You're better off not eating it.

I'm afraid of raw eggs. And I don't know what should I do with the eggwhite that isnt needed.
>Modified Food Starch
>Calcium Disodium EDTA
Doesnt sound like food to me.
I'm European btw.

youtube.com/user/WeberCooks

If you buy processed shit there, they may be listed as E1401 and E385.

>4 videos
Thanks I guess, at least I can eat rice I've lost weight since I moved out.

ham pockets
layer a good ham, some swiss cheese and your favorite mustard between puff pastry and bake it.

>European
>afraid of raw egg

eggs last wayyyy past the expiration date, even at room temp

unless they are odorous or discolored, they are fine

I picked up a thing of matcha at trader joe's on a whim. I noticed after that it is sweetened and one of the ingredients is matcha (the actual thing I wanted.) I like it because it's frothy and opaque but don't want the fucking sugarshit. Amazon is giving me a bunch of $20+ options. What's an inexpensive one that still tastes okay?

Aubergine/eggplant is the best fried veg. jalapenos are good too.

banana/plantains are good fried. Also mushrooms.

Avoid any matcha from China.

nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-contamination-of-tea/

It's more likely made from beet sugar, because it's the cheapest in the U.S.

>avoid buying anything from China, ever

ftfy

>plantains

My nigger.

Trying to follow this post..

>You can use whatever brand, 1lb package. Add one can of whole tomatoes and juice to make 2 cups of liquid plus water (whatever is in the can measure out and top off til you have enough to properly make the rice.

What does that mean? 1 lb of rice, 1 can of tomatoes, and then 2 cups of water? That doesnt sound like enough liquid to cook the rice. Also would appreciate which spices to rub the chicken with and whether garlic should be tucked under skin

A new vegan pizzeria has this image on their website. Could it be called a e s t h e t i c ?

I'm starting my first job in a restauraunt (first real job I've obtained on my own really). as a cook they don't expect me to come up with anything right? it's a relatively mid-scale restauraunt. I just have no capability at my level of cooking to create good dishes from scratch.

>vegan
>pizza
>vegan

barf.jpg.gif.mobi

Vegans are a cancer.

That's cute. I always like pink and blue, especially a neon or pastel 80s shade.

>Does anyone know where to buy can shaped molds for gelatin?
Just buy a can of soda, drink (or empty, if you're a heathen), and cut it in half. Problem solved.

My brother gave me a six pack of tall cans of Surge a couple years ago, and I poured out most of one after tasting it.

>Does anyone have any experience ordering food online? I'm not talking about a whole grocery list, but bulk things like rice noodles or condensed products
Go to Costco and stock up. Why pay for shipping?

If you're single, a costco membership is only worthwhile if you're obese.

How do you make good crisp, flakey crackers? the recipes I've tried just ended up a bunch of chunks of hard flour

More leavening?

yes
thyme

heavy cream and heavy whipping cream are the same, whipping cream has slightly less fat

We don't have pie crusts where I live (non-merican), is shortcrust pastry the same thing?

baking powder

practically the same but why don't you look up a recipe and make your own crust? it's easy as shit

youtube.com/watch?v=LoWCMzHWlRk

I fail to understand why this should matter to a vegan who claims to be vegan for logical reasons (e.g. morality, health) rather than religious ones.

Am single and have membership (but not obese). Costco is amazing for saving money, but you may also have a rather bland diet since bulk vegetables/fruit tend to go bad before you finish them.

How come my chocolate cookies are soggy for a day? Is it because I let them cool in the baking sheet as opposed to a cooling rack?

Most likely. Cooling racks let the air cool the bottoms, which will help prevent this.

I thought so. I'm going to get a couple of cooling racks and see if it gets better. Thanks for replying.

when I make stock or tomato sauce, should i cover the pot or not? It makes sense to me to cover the pot and not have to come check on it, then just reduce in the last 30 minutes to an hour. i dont see any cooking videos doing this though

Squash, Cassava, Taro, Breadfruit

Sage

Yeah, if you're ok with locust bean gum.

Borek

What's the difference between English and Irish breakfast tea?

How do i prepare bird food into palatable human food?

I want to slow braise some meat, but I don't have wine. Can I substitute it with some good ol 2% apple cider?

of course you can
it will just taste different

I have an AeroPress and I love it, but it's very impractical when I have company over. What coffeemaker should I get to supplement it?

Drip brew? French press? Moka pot?

How autismo do you get over coffee? If it's pretty high (my guess since you're in love with an AeroPress), a french press will work wonders. Drip brews are in the middle of the road, not a whole lot to worry about but the flavor won't be quite as good. If you really don't care, get a [spoiler]Keurig[/Iknowthere'snospoilerson/ck/]

My coffee autism is actually quite low, I just bought the AeroPress because it was cheap, practical and easy to use and it supposedly being one of the better brewing methods was just a bonus.

I've borrowed and tried a french press a couple of times before I got the AeroPress with poor results, though it was probably because of using pre-ground coffee that wasn't coarse enough.

What's something simple I can do with lentils? All I've done in the past is cook it with some cumin and rice.

i've eaten nothing but fast-food cheeseburgers for the past week, am i going to die?

Make lentil dahl, or spicy sausage lentil soup.
Lots of things.

Hey I'm planning to make pulled pork tomorrow, what temp should I cook it at? For how long? I've got the rub ready and everything, just iffy about the time/temp

>Hey I'm planning to make pulled pork tomorrow
Ummm, no you aren't?

tofu/panko

Thanks for the helpful response bud

Are you smoking or using an oven?

Cover if you're making stock - that should be a no brainer. For tomato sauce, it depends on how much you want to reduce.

An oven