Slavic cuisine

Why Slavic cuisine so underrated and most of people basically don't know about it or ever hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G-l0ore9EH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stale bread, borscht and vodka?

Don't forget various kinds of sour milk blasted with dill and raw onions. And more dill, just in case.

Oh god I laughed. You are quite right. Add a dollop of cheap caviar and that's about it.

People hate Slavs, for some reason. I don't know why. The food I've tried has been delicious, and threads about dishes i've seen here look delicious. It all looks comfy as fuck.

There's nothing particularly unappetizing about any of that, but at the same time, what's the point? It's all bland and there's no sense of harmony. Additionally, you get the feeling that indigestion would ensue if you ate all those random things in the same meal. Like mixing everything in your liquor cabinet into one glass.

who /pelmeni/ here?

Right here buddy

Because they are miserable, glum people who ruin literally every free online video game with their ugly language.

>choke down raw onions, pickles, and salted fat
>smoke cigarette made of ground up horse hair, wood, and small amounts of uzbek tobacco
>drink vodka
>shoot self in the brain
>the cartridge had less powder than expected due to USSR system of "everyone on the front line dies"
>paralyzed for life, enjoy retirement in Azov State Research Facility #809 under the care of some germ warfare doctors
lyife of slyav very hyard, da?

i guess if all i had to eat was fat followed by raw onions and pickles, i'd be squatting all the time too

Dumping food pics from Russia

First was doktorskaya kolbasa, this is birch tree sap

Some Ukrainian 'Chanakhi' veal & vegetable stew with a pampushki for dipping

A wild mushroom and cheese dish, charcoal grilled chicken & vegetables

Blini s ikra krasnaya, hot crepes with melted butter and red caviar

Borsch and kholodets

What do you do with birch tree app? just drink it?

Bigos is one of the best stews out there also pierogi

Yeah I think so, I'm not Russian so I bought it for the novelty and drank it, tasted like very slightly sweet grassy water.

Here is Boyarin Salat, 3 pirozhki with various fillings and a glass of kvas which is a delicious fermented bread drink tasting somewhere between beer and cola

Such is life in Moscow

Here is some Plov cooked with a whole head of garlic, chilli and lamb, in the west we call this dish Pilaf. This and the next dish were actually at a central Asian (Tajik, Kazakh, Uzbek) restaurant in Moscow but it's very common in Russian slav homes and Russian Tatar/Bashkir homes.

Some charcoal grilled lamb seasoned with 10 different kinds of pepper. It was the best lamb I've ever had. When continental Europeans and Asians first came to Australia they said we smelled terribly like lamb because we eat so much of it, so that's saying something.

Kotlety po Kiev with fried potato & onions and salad, in the west known as Chicken Kiev.

reduce the file size of your jpegs, asshole

I'm a slab myself and it's pretty shit if you ask me.

Except for kiełbasa and pierogi.

Olivier Salat, probably Russias most famous dish across the world and my favourite. Made from ham, boiled egg, peas, pickles, carrot, potato in mayonnaise and dill and some other stuff.

Hello 2004.

I can't these are photos I took with my phone, from which I am posting. Get better internet you povvo cunt.

Here is Salo (cured pig fat) with some hot mustard and borodinsky bread. And of course more kvas.

kvas sounds very interesting, I want to try making it.

Finally a photo from back home in Melbourne at Nevsky Russian Restaurant. This is a plate of olivier salat, with some tasters which I will list clockwise: doktorskaya kolbasa, salo on borodinsky bread, pickled herring, beet salad, and vodka cured salmon.

and of course a glass of kvas and a shot of vodka

Do slavs have very low counters in order to use while squatting, or do you squat on top of normal counters?

You squat on the chair, you savage

And always with your heels touching the ground or you are american spy

Some days bland food is all you want, as much as strong flavours are great. Slav food accomplishes it.

My family does a salad like this only it's ham, potatoes, boiled egg, mayo, sweet pickle, peas, pepper and lemon juice. No dill. They never even use the herb in anything. Must be a region thing.

Kekked

YOU are the SPY

Only CHINESE squat with heel on ground

true russian squat with balls of feet

Its simple, but not bad actually. Sometimes a bit fat, but it uses a lot of cabbage, cucumber, carrot and beetroot too and I like that.

Pelmeni, pierogi is good. Soljanka, borsch and shchi are great soups, bigos is a great stew.
Kvas is an awesome drink and that THICK black bread is literally GOD-tier.

I know it's Baltic, but who/LatvianRupjmaize/ here?

>Бeлoмopкaнaл
>not strong as fuck smokes

I'm going to Bulgaria next month. What should I seek out?

Boris, is that you?

We also have this in Poland but ironicly it's called Jewish Salad.

Birch sap should work great in kefir. We have something very similar to Kefir in Sweden and the version that is flavored with birch sap is better than anything else.

Oh, and it can be reduced just like maple syrup. Works great on whatever you'd use maple syrup for pretty much.
Tapped a couple of treees last year and made syrup. Was a great pancake topping to name one thing.

>sour cream, fat, and butter: the cuisine
That said I love the dishes that aren't 50% one of these. Nothin beats плeмeни or гoлyбцы.

Stay cheeki breeki my friend

>reduce the file size of your jpegs, asshole
They don't even take up the whole size of my laptop monitor. How would they bother someone? ROFL. You must be using a 2G phone. Wait til you get home or something?

Based on the pictures o've seen it just doesn't look very good. Not terrible, just not very good.

This was my desktop background for the longest time.

>the russaboo is australian
what a surprise

Is that a 'vic 'go 'za on the right?

Have you seen okroshka?
Literally cattle food with some kvass. Only slavs can mix something good with total fucking trash.

shopska salad

after you have to eat all that and come to the realization that you are slav, you want to eat the bullet

Thanks for the photo drop. As an American, not as easy for me to independently tour that country, so appreciate the foodie indulgences. I've been to a US restaurant Tatiana in Miami Beach, complete with floor show that had a white tiger in it :o, but nothing is quite the same as actually going and having your 3 meals a day like locals eat. It was sort of an expat memory of what was fine dining from an older pre-war era (similar to the american cuban restaurant experience with abundance of food, and a variety of menus that doesn't exist anymore at home). Interestingly, in my Florida upbringing, most parties that I attended contained a near identical version of that Olivier salat, highly decorated with pimentos and sliced egg on top, from higher class Cubans who made it like their parents before them, and this is clearly from a time before Castro and his friendship with russian communists who influenced russian culture into the accents into cuban spanish, baby naming, etc. I wonder how the salad made it's introduction and influence on Latin America now....

>Works great on whatever you'd use maple syrup for pretty much.
I brought home some delicious birch syrup from a trip to Alaska. It's unique, not like maple or molasses, but something more like american root beer flavored a bit licorice-y and burnt sugary, and quite delicious! Loved it. If there was an equivalent to maple sugar candy I'm sure it would be my #1 favorite thing.

There is no slavic cuisine. Food from Croatia is nothing like in Russia

Russian bologna is really good for some reason. It's a lot sweeter than regular bologna; really hard to eat just one slice.

Hot mustard is sometimes used, but in my experience hren is more popular with meat and fish dishes.

I also live in melbz, homie. Have you been to borsch, vodka and tears? They own another restaurant i cant remember the name of which is more of a restaurant than the bar bvt is. But its quite nice.

>more than 10 slav countries
>hurr durr all russians

Slavic cuisine is awful and that's why it's wonderful.

>life of boring

look like dismembered cooches

>People hate Slavs, for some reason. I don't know why.

Mostly because their women are pretty and their men are strong. I honestly feel like a degenerate around Slavs, especially since they are all 6'5 and look like they could fuck a bear.

some serbian user posted this a while back on /ck.

this has to be the best burger I saw, period.

youtube.com/watch?v=G-l0ore9EH4

It's all fat and cream shit, it's food made for peasants to get through the winter.

here some Serbian cuisine, nothing special, we eat a lot of meat. Every meal is meat essentially.

pljeskavica is a national dish actually
>tfw the national dish is a burger

here some more

needs more kajmak 9/10

WHERE IS THE MAYONEZ
TOBAPИЩ

>Why Slavic cuisine so underrated
Because it usually consists of heavy starches, fatty meats, and pickled vegetables.The closest thing that anyone has managed to make a slav inspired gourmet meal consisted of wrapping a stick of butter with a floppy piece of chicken, battering it, and deep frying it.

I know that there was in Poland more subtle nobility cuisine, but it died over time.

Pic related - czernica/czarna polewka ("black soup" with duck or goose blood)

Ssshhh, let the Australians/Americans have their fun