You know what would be a cool trend?

You know what would be a cool trend?
Bars and restaurants that were fairly quiet and you could have a conversation instead of having shit music blaring the whole time.

k

I like restaurants that are the exact volume where you can hear everyone at your table but not at other tables. it would be pretty cool if they could do this without making other conversations so loud.

but then there would be no real night life appeal

Also don't a lot of place have bars like that

you know local bars that usually have the mid thirties and up demo

Nice collectible vintage MTB

I also like quiet restaurants but my friends think I'm being a downtube

>Also don't a lot of place have bars like that
They used to, but not too many these days. I think people just dont want to chat with each other anymore.

There is a bar near me called the library.
Loud AF.

Thanks, but it's just a random image I found on Google.

that fucking bicycle

>talking with other people with whom I don't know

I don't have enough spaghetti for this.

>with whom I don't know
Nice overcorrection, faggot.

>Bars and restaurants that were fairly quiet and you could have a conversation

That's... every bar I've ever been in.
Try going to an actual bar instead of Bubba Ray's Sports Grill

dive bars and coffee shops (not starbucks)

In american cites, bars like that have been going away for years. Unless its a total dive and even then the music is way too loud.

It's not worth the risk to most owners, loud bars sell more alcohol, if you want a quieter environment then you have to go high end cocktail bar where they make their markup on quality rather than quantity.

>Bars and restaurants that were fairly quiet and you could have a conversation

No one give a shit what your fatass has to say anyway, even if you were moderately attractive I'd still rather listen to music and nod every once in a while like a give a fuck until closing time when you could only hope I drank enough to hit it and never see you again.

I'm in an American city and comfy pubs are about 50/50 with sports grills and Big Screen TV! bars.
Hell we've even got classier joints like wine bars where they set you up in an armchair next to a fireplace.

Also I can't think of a single restaurant here that blares music, shit or otherwise.
"Loudest" once I've been in had an artificial waterfall for white noise.

Wow , i envy you for not living in Scottsdale.
Its been loud here since the early 2000s

like all the restaurants or bars here in Spain?

No you guys have that horrible flamingo music and filthy gypsy women stomping their stinky fucking feet.

I live in Seattle and every neighborhood has 3 or 4 of the ideal bar you're describing. typically they're wine bars or fancy cocktail places.

the problem with places like that is they're full of nu-males

are you a faggot?

This fucking tryhard.

There are a couple places like this in my town. They're very quiet, but it's mostly because they stay dead all the time. The only reason they're still open is all the regulars who go there and drink for hours, multiple times a week.

>mfw I used to be one

>snottsdale residents complaining

oh fuck off, at least you have places to go

t. west valley

what is a pub

All bars are loud here in Maryland. They all want to be clubs.

Lol i know that feel, whenever i hit up the cappuccino strip every place is loud as fuck. all i wanna do is chill.

Lel. East Village, by any chance?

What's the deal with this bike?

lol

I like making out with a girl without ever having spoken. Hardly possible in a quiet bar.

>It's not worth the risk to most owners, loud bars sell more alcohol, if you want a quieter environment then you have to go high end cocktail bar where they make their markup on quality rather than quantity.
This, and it's a similar thing with choosing restaurants. Go up to a price level that you simply have a class break, where you eliminate culturally cheap people who are the same kind of low class who talk loud, go out to be seen vs just to be with the people already with them, etc.
As a person with a hearing loss, the loud people-around-me acoustics that makes a eager business feel "busy" and therefore appeals to a type who have been lazy all day alone or at a quiet desk job, I don't feel alive and invigorated in the din of noise like them, I simply feel like I can't hear a damn thing other than whomever leans in to shout to be heard in my ear like we're at a nightclub or something.
When I travel unfamiliar places, there are a few tips I use for myself to get peace. Culturally speaking, I think no matter the price, thai or japanese places seem to be "peaceful" in a spa kind of way, usually can't get people to ruin that atmosphere around you. Going to a fine hotel restaurant can sometimes find it half empty, but still quite good/renowned, since they have capacities befitting full house weddings or groups, not just their everyday crowd, and a chef who has a salary paid annually by corporate, so you don't get that post-seasonal waiver in quality. Quiet bar to be had as well. Pretty much anywhere that the dinners are under $20 is a good breakpoint today to where you have to worry about those around you. Sometimes going to a place that serves absolutely no food whatsoever with only serious drinkers around you gets you a nice place, or sometimes it just gets you smokers to fog the place up.

Minnesota bro?

college town? It seems like every college town has a bar called the library

the bars in the US are more like the discos there. we used to have bars like you have there (except the whole being open for breakfast and serving shots of espresso part). Now every bar wants to be a mini night club.

>a bar called the library

it could just be a library, you illiterate fuck

the joke
^
your head

or

your joke
^
my head

try not living in miami

So, is this an American thing to not have good restaurants any more, only bars, disco and "family" (read kids running around) restaurant?

Who gives a flying fuck what you want? I can sit, with my friends, listen to music, eat, and text the entire time in every place in this city. You don't like country music or 80s rock? Wear ear plugs.

You didn't post a joke. This isn't a joke. You, on the other hand, are a joke.

>I can sit, with my friends, listen to music, eat, and text

>and text

I want to party with you, douchebag

Did you not get the joke? Please go away and find some other board you belligerent idiot.

>"family" (read kids running around) restaurant?

Holy shit this is definitely the worst.
Why do breeders not understand that no one wants to hear their horrible slobberlings.

>go barhopping
>literally every place BLASTS the music and I can't hear the person I am with
>tfw naturally soft spoken
>pretty much excluded from conversation, only people who have natural yelling-level loud mouthness can be heard
>can only sit there awkardly, have no clue what they are saying and can't respond anyway

Fucking normies. RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So much this. Not restuarant but,
>clothes shopping
>notice fat mexispics and their spawn hovering about the clearance racks, looking at clothes that would only have fit them 50 lbs ago
>seriously why are all spic women total lards after age 25
>their spawn is running around unchecked
>continue shopping
>pint size spic jumps out at me screaming, trying to scare me, about one foot from me
>first reaction to a LOUD noise in close proximity to me is to smack it
>barely stop myself in time
>spics look over, go back to shopping
>kind of wish I did backhand the little taco
>annoyed, leave store, don't want to wear anything spics are wearing anyway

>go home and vote Trump

You're attending the wrong bars, junior.

>can only sit there awkardly, have no clue what they are saying and can't respond anyway

why is this aloud