Help me out here Veeky Forums

Help me out here Veeky Forums.

I can "cook" to an extent like boiling pasta and making spaghetti. I'm making dinner for this girl and I want to impress her. Whar are some easy recipes that I could use?I don't mind if its complex as long as there are directions pretty much.

She's vegetarian.

Other urls found in this thread:

smittenkitchen.com/blog/2011/08/naked-tomato-sauce/
taste.com.au/recipes/27220/tuna and cherry tomato pasta
foodwishes.blogspot.com/2013/04/meatless-meatballs-celebrating-magical.html
youtube.com/user/Manjulaskitchen/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>vegetarian
Gross... Falafel?

Make some indian shit

Black bean burgers and salad? Make your own dressing to impress her.

Do a pizza night. Prepare all the ingredients before hand, and when she comes over you can make pizzas together.

That's how I landed my current gf desu..although my gf is a huge meat lover unlike the daft cunt your trying to impress

Curry's pretty easy but still good. Although, i don't know how impressive it is.

Making udon noodles is pretty easy and impressive, but it takes a long time and you probably want to eat something with it, not just plain noodles. You could do udon with curry.

these are terrible ideas. indians are the absolute worst people with the worst food. curry is fucking awful so is japanese food. you aren't going to get it in if you make curry.

make that lady a steak with a baked potato. if she doesn't like it then either you fucked it up or she's a prissy cunt that's not worth your time.

in all seriousness, "vegetarian" is a warning in addition to a lifestyle choice. tread carefully, she could be fucking nuts.

>indians are the absolute worst people
I don't know that I've ever met an Indian. But how can you say this when Australians exist?

theyre pretty annoying. I'm american, we don't have australians running our call centers and invading our cities. australians are pretty much the least of my problems, though they also piss me off.

>vegetarian
pic related. But in all seriousness get a butternut squash and make pasta out of it by heating it in the oven and forking out the meat into a bowl. After that its basically just pasta made out squash so do what you would normally do for pasta dishes (add tomato sauce, basil/oregano and parmesan go crazy). Cauliflower "mashed potatoes" is an excellent side dish as well and is pretty easy to make just grate a head of cauliflower and cook it with butter until it is soft and has the consistency of mashed potatoes. Also look into sweet potato croquettes. Done right they can taste amazing, don't know what you would substitute for the egg though but you could probably find something. Good luck.

from,

the user who had a vegetarian ex and had to work around this shit for a year.

dude just make spaghetti or something. everyone loves spaghetti, and protip: it's vegetarian.

buy some high quality imported pasta (i like rustichella, you can buy it at whole foods). don't over cook it and salt your water heavily, do not use oil in your pasta water. do not rinse the pasta.

here's a recipe for an excellent and very simple from-scratch red sauce: smittenkitchen.com/blog/2011/08/naked-tomato-sauce/

serve w a yummy wine, salad, and some garlic bread

source: veg and this is my go to recipe for making someone dinner

oh yeah, and finish cooking the pasta in the sauce. it's important

Summer rolls as an entree because they are really fun to make together, simple, and give you a good chance to get physically close together. Also they are light so leave you feeling good and not bloated. Get a packet of fried tofu (doesn't need preparing) and slice it thinly. Mandolin or slice thinly some carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, bean sprouts- whatever veges you like. Make a sauce of finely chopped chilli, garlic, soy, sugar, salt and mirin (you could do this ahead of time, but slice the veges on the day and they'll be fresher). Soak a piece of rice paper in very hot water for a while and then remove it (get 1 shallow soaking bowl each). Place some strips of tofu on the paper, spoon over some sauce, then add veges and roll.

Dip in hoisin sauce. This is fun af to do together and she will be impressed.

For a main you can keep it simple and it's really just to have something hot, and to fill you up a bit more incase she gets bored rolling. I'd do some rice and some roast vegetables- sweet potato, brocolli, carrots- whatever.

I really wouldn't recommend curry or pasta as both can easily leave you feeling bloated and she won't want to fugg

if she's dtf on the first date then it doesn't matter what she eats, she'll fuck you if she likes you. if she doesn't want to put out, she won't no matter how "light" the meal is. pasta only makes you bloated if you overeat or you're a celiac.

source: i am a woman who has fucked on some dates, and not on others. food was not a consideration

These are pretty cool to make desu.

>curry is fucking awful so is japanese food
>make that lady a steak with a baked potato
bland as fuck white guy listening to coldplay detected.

a moon shaped pool is decent though

Flavors and textures. Veggie food tends to be bland. Show variety to dispel that expectation.

For starters fry some grain and legume dumplings. Falafels are great. Get a can of chickpeas and a bottle of sesame oil. Mash the chickpeas and make a dough with lemon juice, salt, and a little flour if it doesn't stick. Deep fry tea spoon sized balls. Serve with condiments like hummus or mint yogurt.

Then a soup is great. Any cream soup is good, pumpkin, leek, roots. spinach, ... Always boil for at least 40 minutes with white wine, laurel, juniper, carrot, parsley root, leek, celery root, and garlic. Then fish out leek and celery, laurel, and anything that doesn't blend. Stick the immersion blender in, add some cream, and finish with salt, sugar, and lemon juice. Fry some croûtons (extra plate) and garnish with cut herbs.

After that a small lasagna maybe? Find a video for béchamel sauce, the rest is just layering pasta, tomato sauce, any veggies really (mushrooms, aubergine, zucchini, spinach, ...) and cheese. Throw in oven for at least an hour on low and raise heat to finish cheese crust.

For desert maybe a fresh fig with yogurt, honey, and cinnamon?

If that doesn't do it finish with a cheese platter. Vegetarians love cheese more often than not. Get some variety, it doesn't have to be expensive. Camembert and some hard cheese is available anywhere. See if you can also get some goat cheese and maybe a cottage cheese mixed with some herbs.

It's all in the presentation. Serve small portions on large plates, decorate with herbs, salad, pepper, be bold but stingy with the sauce, and have wine ready. Read up on your wine. Get something with the name of the grape on the label, no blend.

The soup and lasagna you can prep completely and only need to heat before serving, neither will suffer from reheating. Falafel should be made fresh, so just prep the dough and maybe test it out for lunch before. It's a nice kitchen presentation and will be done to sit down.

Do you know what said girl likes when it comes to how things taste or if she's a picky eater? Don't make the mistake I did and cook a big dinner without finding out that my girlfriend was a picky eater.

heh, chrue.

Check out Foodwishes on youtube. Most of the recipes include meat, but Chef John explains them in such a nice and easy to understand way that it is impossible to mess them up.
Look for his mac&cheese recipe for example.

If you really want to impress her do tabouleh,falafel and fattoush

>like boiling pasta and making spaghetti
Those are the same thing user.

literally the easiest shit you can make.
and tastes pretty fucking good
taste.com.au/recipes/27220/tuna and cherry tomato pasta

i feel your pain user.
My gf is a pescetarian (as in shes picky and the only meat she'll eat is fish)
Also she won't eat dairy. Or GMOs.
She cooks really well though, and i try to create meals as good as her while working within her boundaries.
Btw guys shes not a cunt, she'll cook me a steak if i ask.

Anyway i made here a pene and vodka sauce last night and it went well.
Tonight i'm making siatan short ribs... for the first time. not sure how it'll come out
but the vodka sauce was stupid easy:

butter to fry with
handfull of fresh basil.
2 shallots
3 cloves of garlic
salt pepper to taste
large can of whole tomatoes
box of pene
cup of vodka
half cup of coconut creme (unless shes ok with real cream, then just use that i guess. unless shes full blow vegan with super powers and shit.)
half cup of nutritional yeast (if shes ok with parmigian cheese just use it.)

Follow the instructions on the pene box and cook that shit.

meanwhile, in a bowl, mash the whole potatoes by hand until its a paste.
mince the shallots and garlic.
Melt the butter and fry what you just diced on a med heat for like 3 min.
Add some red pepper once the garlic browns.
add the tomatoes and simmer for like ten min. then remove from the flame and add the vodka, stir that shit.
the pene might be done by now, when you drain the water try and save like a 1/2 cup to add into the sauce, it'll make it all velvety and sexy.
put it back on a low flame and stir for 3 min. add the cream.
let it simmer for another 5-10 min. Add the pene and cheese/nutritional yeast.
stir that shit. taste it, if it needs salt add it.
throw a handful of fresh basil over the top and serve.
receive head.

i mean tomatoes. mash the tomatoes user.

I also added red prppers, like the ones in liquid you put on sandwiches.
last time i made it i put in mushrooms
the time before that i put in these vegan 'sausages' and they were pretty good. when my gf comes home i'll ask her what brand they were if you like.

gang-rapist detected.

key is you gotta give her the farts and shits

you'll thank me one day kiddo

ignore my /adv/,
these guys know.

>no one respects my knowledge

Vegetarian or outright vegan? That's a huge difference. I'd make a simple one-pot pasta dish (Don't let Jack ruin them for you.)

I'd let mushrooms take the place of meat. Just be sure to caramelize them for extra flavor before you add the other ingredients to the pan though. Other veggies like 'spergus and 'maters are excellent additions, but I'd add those relatively late in the cooking process so they don't completely fall apart in the process. Fresh herbs like basil are a must along with lemon zest (not the juice though.) Be sure to measure the right amount of pasta and cooking liquid. You might consider finishing things with a bit of cream and a dab of butter for a little richness.

Finally...salt the pasta water.

When is this date? When you want to impress, you definitely shouldn't be trying a dish for the first time.

Will she eat parmesan even if it's made with animal rennet? if she does, I've had a lot of success with meatless meatballs from food wishes.
foodwishes.blogspot.com/2013/04/meatless-meatballs-celebrating-magical.html

What won't she eat? Eggs, milk products?
Whatever you decide to make, be sure to try the recipe out yourself once or twice before cooking for her.

i'd bake the asparagus. maybe coat it in olive oil with sme salt and pepper. bake on 350 for like 30 min. make that peepee all weird stanky.
Also i like slowing tomatoes... like for three hours... thats just me though.

You ain't alone. It's good to recognize an user with some good sense.

Manjula can help you.

youtube.com/user/Manjulaskitchen/videos

>won't eat dairy
>butter
i don't understand