Wanna learn how to cook Japanese noodles. Ramen and Udon. Is it worth it?

Wanna learn how to cook Japanese noodles. Ramen and Udon. Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

food52.com/blog/12055-how-to-make-vegetarian-ramen-at-home
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is it worth watching one 10 minute youtube video on this subject? i dunno OP

It's fucking noodles, bro.
You boil them for five minutes and they're fucking done.

What is this like the first thing you would know how to cook? Shit's easy as fuck user

no.

It's totally worth knowing how to make Tonkotsu ramen broth. It's such a wonderfully rich and soul satisfying meal. It's just time consuming, but it's not hard.

Upon is a yes, because the noodles are hella tasty and filling, but skip the ramen. Phô is so !such better than ramen in every way.

>Phô is so !such better than ramen in every way.
Fuck that shit. Pho isn't even top tier Viet soup, much less better than ramen.

>overdone egg
>weeaboo

www.japanesecooking101.com/ramen-recipe/

This is really good! You need to prepare the pork loin the day before, though. Be generous with the salt; make it a generous teaspoon.

food52.com/blog/12055-how-to-make-vegetarian-ramen-at-home

I also made this and it was surprisingly excellent. I roasted the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and ginger for a little bit before I started and I think it improved the flavor immensely. Definitely the most savory vegetable soup I ever made.

you stick it in the water and boil it

It's both yes and no. Making your own noodles is fun though if you had to chose between ramen and udon; make udon noodles as you can easily do it by hand and they don't have to be even and uniform. is right as learning how to make a tonkotsu broth is the standard for ramen and needs to be prepared for a long time.

>the random egg thrown in for no reason

Why do people think this is good?

can someone tell me what that meat is

In that picture its loin. Traditionally it is Braised pork belly. Also making your own noodles is cool, but takes a lot more time and skill than any of you here have.

Yeah...if its not marinated and soft it really has no place there

Westernized Asian food.

PHO IS SUPERIOR.

FUCK OFF WEEBS.

>You need to prepare the pork loin the day before, though. Be generous with the salt; make it a generous teaspoon.
Why would you go over the RDA salt for a marinade?

It's just a teaspoon of salt per pound of pork, and then that gets absorbed into a lot of liquid. It's not too bad.

retards

this isn't chicken noodle soup you fucking Paula-deen-watching chicken scrublettes

typical ramen broth process involves hours of roasting, simmering, skimming, etc. to create just the fucking soup

>It's just a teaspoon of salt per pound of pork,
so usually more?
>and then that gets absorbed into a lot of liquid.
which you then drink.

see

All those Americans who think pic related has anything to do with Ramen apart of the name.

>which you then drink.

Who cares? A pound of pork makes many servings of ramen. You're not eating it all at once.

And for that matter, sodium guidelines are pretty silly anyway, unless you happen to have a medical condition requiring you to go low-sodium. I don't have a medical condition like that. My bloodwork looks great, so I'm not worried.

What is this Western obsession with putting egg in ramen?
Is this some weeaboo fallacy?

weebs actually believe this shit. Do they fold the onions a hundred times before they cut them as well?

ramen broth is full of kitchen discards and leftovers

then they boil a handful of noodles in water and dump it in the broth

and then they blowtorch slices of meat and drop in a bunch of prepackaged veg and seaweed

jesus christ boy

this is common in japan. hokkaido in particular.

my sides

It's just an American adaption of Japanese food.
It's more for decoration, certainly not what you'd see in Japan.

it assuredly is not an "american adaptation of japanese food" and is very much certainly what you will see at almost every single ramen shop anywhere in japan.

>typical ramen broth process involves hours of roasting, simmering, skimming, etc. to create just the fucking soup

Yes indeed.
Little different from classic French stocks. Good broth takes time regardless of what nationality the food is.

>Ihaven'tactuallybeentojapan.jpg
You weeaboos are hopeless.

how else can i explain

>wants to learn how to cook japanese noodles
>ramen and udon, doesn't even ask about summoning spirit animals in bowl
>it's like he isn't even trying

not gonna make it

The only broth that takes any significant amount off time is Tonkotsu, and OP is not asking about the broth.
He is asking about the single easiest ingredient: the noodle.

They're totally different foods. Its like saying fuck Pho because Chicken Alfredo is so good. Its a totally different unrelated taste

OP asked about noodles, not soup you fucking retards. Of course making good soup takes effort, but OP asked if it was worth learning to cook noodles.

Of course it's worth learning to cook noodles. You just put them in boiling water for 3 minutes. Now you know, OP, and can move on with your life

You should op. Requires a little prep but it's fucking worth it.

Why are all ramen recipes so complicated? Is buying sake, ginger and sesame oil really worth it? Because that's something that people here in Europe don't usually use and it's pretty hard to find and it's really expensive. Is there a EU friendly recipe?

>he's this ignorant about what goes into real ramen

the stock alone takes many people years to perfect. maybe you should watch some youtube videos to learn how it's really done.

I've had ramen with egg in japan, watch mind of a chef and I'm pretty sure David cheng had egg on ramen in japan in that one.

Oh yeah and actually funnily enough I just watched episode 1 of mayoiga(garbage btw) and a bus driver in it bitches about how he can't afford an egg on his ramen, so it's common enough to be an understandable reference in an anime.

im sorry you fell for the japanese meme of wasting youre entire life "perfecting" an extremely simple minimum wage task

But they're both noodle.