Enchilada sauce does not have tomatoes in it

Enchilada sauce does not have tomatoes in it

Other urls found in this thread:

patijinich.com/recipe/miner-style-enchiladas/
dle.rae.es/?id=F5FpnDs|F5KGXgy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's a rich looking 'go 'za friend!

hence the name enchilada and not entomatadas. Also Enchiladas differ from region. My mother is from Potosi, so hers are fresh corn tortillas with the sauce added to the masa.

it just pisses me off so many recipes call for tomato.

no one said it did
how is this the first post in every single thread

google enchilada sauce. Most have tomato.

Because its texmex. Most americans know of mexican food through texmex.
Not real enchiladas. Also the tortilla has to be fried and dipped into the sauce.

i know. Sometimes i get lazy and dont fry

My mom is from Potosi so i grew up with those weird almost empanadas like enchiladas.

>Make roux
>Add chili powder to roux
>Add chicken stock to desired consistency
>Salt to taste

>enchilada sauce

what the hell is enchilada sauce? Is it not just chili?

it pisses me off how someone can make bistec on the griddle

>Enchilada sauce

You mean mole sauce?

>using chili powder instead of real roasted chilies
>roux in enchilada sauce

no. No cocoa fgt.

WOW UR SO AUTHENTIC!!!!!! XD

WOW __AUTHENTIC__ MEXICAN FOOD, WOW!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD

WOW!!!! AUTHENTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD X DXD XD X DX DXD XDXDXDX

>>using chili powder instead of real roasted chilies
>>roux in enchilada sauce
This.
If you're going to "Google" recipes, you need to have a clue about your sources. This is Internet 101. It might help not to google "enchilada sauce" in the first place, but rather a nice recipe for enchiladas instead, because it would be more properly be some kind of "salsa" with a particular chilies, such as dried guajillos.
patijinich.com/recipe/miner-style-enchiladas/

I'm not saying that you can NOT have tomatoes in enchiladas like OP because some recipes are more like chilaquiles style and feature just a pureed fresh tomato salsa that gets further pureed and cooked, but the main basics for all recipes features blended chilies that were once dried, reconstituted and spiced up by a bit of final cooking to reduce and bloom the flavors. Electric blenders are a big part of a mexican cooks kitchen. My favorite recipe combines anchos, california and guajillos, and they're probably the three I buy the most.

those are enmoladas friendo

mole means sauce in aztec you mongoloid

Enchiladas are tex-mex. Not authentic mexican.

what if I just add a lil bit of tomato puree to it?

bs
go to mexico sometime fgt
kys
op pic is all chilies

It does, but when you say mole it means a sauce of that style.

real enchilada sauce does not have tomato. Period

'go 'za

No

>Enchilada sauce does not have tomatoes in it

And?

perhaps read thread

HEY, FUCK YOU.
TexMex enchiladas don't have fucking tomatoes in the sauce, either! I grew up in Texas, and ate enchiladas regularly, at many places, restaurants, my friend's homes, my home, fucking everywhere, and I don't think I ever had enchiladas with tomatoes in the sauce. If I did, it was so rare that I can't even remember. No, no, no, TexMex uses chiles, no tomato.

80% of the recipes on google call for tomatoes.

>TexMex
Nobody is interested in your made-up cuisine.
Texmex is basically anything with cumin added as an afterthought.

true. I hate cumin

>anything with cumin
Implying that's not true of 60% of mexican food, 90% of Indian food, 20% of Chinese food, should I go on?
Faggot, get your shit straight. Also, there's plenty of TexMex that doesn't include cumin, so fuck off.

>80% of the recipes on google

Found your problem.

I swear, this board is like a bunch of monkeys fucking a football.

>ITT: A Texan stands his ground.

my problem is trying to educate people?

Of course, we always do.

By quoting a random google search you did yourself? That's not education, that's random results of your own search. Means NOTHING. Especially since you have no idea where those people that posted those recipes came from, or what their culinary background consists of.

Imbéciles

These faggots don't know what they're talking about.

the whole purose of this thread was to educate people that google is wrong. Learn how to read. Real simple. No tomatoes. No matter what google says.

Have you heard of entomatadas?

a tad irrelevant

nope. tomatos are used in enchilada

only chillies.
Next you are gonna say french onion soup has beef stock in it

ur mom has my beef stock inside her

I'm making some sauce right now. Guajillo, ancho, and arbol, and no tomatoes. Never had red sauce with tomatoes.

Came out good bros. I ate a whole damn tortilla this way.

Looking good, friend.
I could go for some good enchiladas right now. What filling are you going to use?

Looks bangin' af m81. Is it spicy and what cheese do you use for your Enchies?

Is it normal in America to eat 3 of those in one sitting?

The sauce came from a can.

What sauce? Your sauce? I'm not surprised you'd use canned sauce.

It's normal in America to eat anything that fits in the center circle in one sitting, yes.

yes .
>brother and sister in law go to peru
>tell tales of small meals
>they would order 2 dinners a piece

this is a treu story

Thanks man. The sauce is for tomorrow actually. Have company coming over and what to have the sauce ready. Not sure on the filling maybe just cheese and topped with a drizzle of crema and a little and bit of fine diced onions. What do you suggest?
It's got good heat from the arbol and some sweetness from the ancho. Really good. I have a block of asadero I will be using for the cheese.

Mi madre es de Guanajuato y élla de vez en cuando usa el jitomate en la salsa de enchiladas mineras. Depende de cual región vino la receta, hay alguna gente que usa el jitomate. También las enchiladas verdes usan tomate (verde) así que decir que las enchiladas jamás usan tomate es incorrecto. Yo jamás he visto alguna cosa que se llame « entomatada » porque las salsas que usan jitomate siempre llevan algún tipo de chile. Que yo sepa solamente hay enchiladas, enfrijoladas y enmoladas.

I think that sounds good, user. No one can resist a plate of good cheese enchiladas. Simple, but delicious. And definitely use the onions and crema. Sounds like perfection!

>enfrijoladas
You find this more in TexMex than you do sauce with tomatoes in it, unlike people were posting earlier. Just sayin'.......

There is nothing wrong with 'xas style 'ladas, you faggots.

"Aztec" isn't a language, genius.

sorry im not aztec nical as you sir

mine does

ketchup and hot sauce

sometimes I don't have tortillas so I just put it on corn and nuke it lol

same diff, right?

>enchilada sauce

No such thing, user.

I've never even seen canned Enchilada sauce with tomatoes in the US. It's all red or green chili. There are some awful corn starch thickened sauces that get gummy though.

thats the point. But most recipes call for tomato. Gross af

I'm glad you informed the masses. This is not okay.

Why would you think that anyone besides you care?

because people like good food? How fucking retarded are you?

That does not change the fact that no one besides you care, or the fact that tomatoes makes an enchilada sauce tastier.

weak b8

wait, what? it does

I guess you don't have the argumentation skills to convince anyone that tomatoes doesn't belong in an enchilada sauce.

That's ok.

This.

Enchilada sauce should contain tomatoes.
Anyone who says it doesn't either had a retarded or mentally ill mother who served them a pepper based sauce and called it "enchilada sauce".

and the trolling intesifies
enCHILada
stupid americans using tomatoes

That has a choice colour

>Mexicans crine because Tex-Mex has once again done something superior to "muh authentic"

Is that your argument?

I'm not even american.

nice try merican!
everyone i dissagree with is a fat merican!

TexMex doesn't use tomatoes either, faglord. Only yankees and midwest cucks do. TexMex uses red chili sauce, green chili sauce, or bean-based sauce. Tomatoes are for salsa and pico de gallo. If a restaurant uses a tomato based enchilada sauce as it's regular enchilada sauce, it's never considered a good restaurant.

I'm not going to tell you how to make your enchiladas but:

>enchilada: 2. f. El Salv., Guat., Hond., Méx. y Nic. Tortilla de maíz enrollada rellena de carne y cubierta de salsa de jitomate con chile.

>rolled maize tortilla stuffed with meat and covered with a tomato and chili sauce

But don't take my word for it, look it up on the Royal Spanish institution dedicated to overseeing the Spanish language's website

dle.rae.es/?id=F5FpnDs|F5KGXgy

Why do you guys always get so buttflustered about ingredients?

>flour, brown sugar, everything powder instead of fresh ingredients
Why not use fresh garlic and onions? Actual chili pods like guajillo, ancho, New mexico, arbol, etc.?

i buy dried chilles, rehydrate them. Roast them.