Post your favourite cocktail

Post your favourite cocktail.
Starting thread with godess negroni/

What about porto flip?

Negronis are so great.

Did you know it was Negroni Week a week or so ago?

My favorite is either an old fashioned or a gin bramble. I'm leaning towards the bramble.

Mug Vodka

Yep, i know.
Yesterday was National Bourbon Day, celebrated it too, lol.
Tryed Roibos old fashioned. Great twist, used jim beam infused with roibos tea and honey syrup instead of sugar.

gin martinez goes in all fields

Made some home brewed ginger ale. Any suggestions on cocktails I could make with it?

whiskey... black

Make a dark and stormy, man.

make a Moscow mule!

>Like my soul.

>those evenings when the last thing you remember is a m8 giving a cup with clear liquid

m8 rape is no joke.

the last word
it's just so perfect

no that was another time
I was equally pissed that time, but of my own machine

Not huge into cocktails but I enjoy a good Gin and Tonic or Gimlet.

Can't beat a nice screwdriver. It'll get you drunk.

Oshit!
Thank you for reminding me that Moscow mules are one of my favorite cocktails! I'll definitely be making some of these

Recipe?

Calm down, nerd

Bloody Mary

In a 24oz bottle

1/2 cup of sugar
Juice from one ripe lemon
Mashed up ginger (I'm not to sure on the measurements for this one but a little goes a long way)
1/8 teaspoon of yeast

Cap and let ferment for 48 hours at room temperature in a dark space.

I might use less sugar in the future. It's too sweet for me but I guess it just depends on individual taste.
Fuckin make me.

Also, the ginger and lemon juice I put in a bowl and mixed up then basically split down the middle

I enjoy a good irish coffee. Or a white russian. Sometimes a white russian with a splash of coke.

True, i've only tried to make higher alcohol % ginger beer which takes a lot longer to ferment, might give that a shot.

How long and how much alcohol did it yield?

I made this batch specifically for mixing but I'd like to make a standalone beverage in the future that I can a buzz from.

T H I S
my fuckin nigga

kek

You dont want that, dork

I ended up throwing mine out, didn't have the flavour I wanted (not enough ginger or sweetness, kind of like a weak ginger soda water). Not sure on alcohol but I let it ferment for around a month from memory.

I really want to try it again and get it up to 5% or near without compromising flavours.

Gunfire?
Isn't that suppose to be made with rum?

Spritz

Aviation, using Aviation Gin

stoli straight up one olive with a twist

I know it's really appealing to think that Aviation brand gin would make a great aviation cocktail but it's way too floral already, unless you're into flower bomb perfumes it's just a recipe for a headache in a glass

Just use a standard juniper based gin and let the other ingredients do their job

Seriously dude, why do you feel the need to use a stupid name and trip?

I post my (usually somewhat informed) opinions in every other thread on Veeky Forums, but when I see "Meat minimalist, [trip]", I honestly just ignore you.

Do you usually remove your name/trip when you're not trolling, and just forgot this time?

You're not ignoring me though

Good tastes, friend. I'm more of an Old Fashioned guy myself, though.

Why are you trying to persuade him to change what he likes? It's called "Post your favorite cocktail" thread, not "Post the best cocktails" thread.

Meat minimalist is a rabble rouser

I usually make a point to. But I also frequently drunk post, and I know in the morning I'll regret replying to you far less than I would emailing an ex.

Hilarious, that you think Aviation is a flower bomb. Compared to Hendricks which is on the low end of floral gin its particularly dry. There are Dozen new age american Gins that after drinking make Aviation seem a London Dry.

Aviation is a very good middle ground between a a traditional london dry and something like Ransom. Also I am not using anything like a half ounce of creme de violet.

>compared to other gins that wouldn't make a good aviation, I'd rather use this one
That's not a very good reason to pick a gin. It's ok just to say you are in love with the idea of having aviation gin in your aviation cocktail because the name is cool

I'm assuming you only read the first half of his post.

French 76:
One part vodka
Half part lemon juice
Quarter part simple syrup
Top with champagne

As always titration to taste.

margarita on the rocks no salt

or another old fave, tom collins, or a vodka collins

I made a pretty great cocktail yesterday. Don't really have a name for it, kind of like a tiki twist on a mojito.

Vanilla-tonka syrup, muddled mint leaves, pineapple-chipotle liqueur, overprrof aged Barbados rum, coconut water, splash of club soda, squeeze of lime. Garnished with a mint sprig.

Penicillin.

R8 my Whiskey Ginger

i hope there's a lot of whiskey in there fampaitachi

Nice Penicillin, I make my own Honey Ginger syrup at home its a bitch but worth it.