New York Essentials

I'm headed to NYC for a weeklong trip lads. I think we are already planning a Katz deli trip. Any other must do's? What is your favorite or most iconic NYC eatery?

Peter Luger

Peter Luger's if you want the best steak of your life. They also have very thick cut bacon as an appetizer that's amazing. Beware though, they take cash only

Just don't order anything more done than medium rare or be prepared to be openly hated by the staff

I'd hate myself senpai. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Another reason to love Peter Luger
Get the bacon, creamed spinach, and porterhouse for two. Skip the homefries style potato dish

They cut up the steak for you and spoon it up at the table, I wouldn't worry too much about pretending to pass for a Sophisticated Adultâ„¢

sweet gimmick

>Just don't order anything more done than medium rare
Why would you ever do this anywhere?

I wouldn't, but I've heard of people who have and got berated by the waiters. They're super blunt and old fashioned

Bumping this thread with doritos 3d.
Im moving to NJ very soon and I'd also like to know the good hole in the wall spots for both NJ and NY and the must go to restaurants

>Peter Luger bacon

lawd, I can still taste it from the one time I ate there. So amazing. I think it was about $5 for 3 big pieces, I could have eaten a few orders of that bacon and nothing else and I would have been totally satisfied

It's $5 per slice

Where in nj?

Somerset

for

whoa what a QT! she's looks a little like an asian taylor swift

Totto Ramen

Not bad. You've got your trendy/overpriced establishments but also quality greasy spoons targeted at rutgers students in new brunswick, a massive indian population in edison, and jews/russians in highland park.

Should I look for those places in general or for specific restaurants?

The best pizzas I had in new york weren't well known tourist type places, but little hole in the wall, by the slice joints. Try some of the random $1 slice places you'll end up walking by when you need a snack, you never know what you'll find

Bamp, need to know more good places in NJ and/or NY

For a burger, go to Salvation Burger. It's all fresh ground, dry aged beef. Their signature burger is $25 but well worth it, and they have cheaper stuff as well

I'm a little too far north (union county) to be acquainted with the dining scene in that area any deeper than through those general characterizations.

Though I can recommend pithari in highland park.

Fuck you, you don't tell me how to eat my meat.

tastee sub in edison
ironbound newark has god tier rodizio

fuck off gul dukat, I don't need a bunch of lena dunham wannabes ruining the ironbound

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

Ur nearish to pal park and Leonia which have god tier Korean food (better than flushing IMO)

OP check out katz's and Russ and Daugters (next to each other) for Jew food 1-2 punch, bassanova for green curry ramen, Totto for regular ramen, Shanghai cafe for soup dumplings, jing fong for dim sum, wo hop for greasy Chinese food, burger joint in Le Parker meridian for burgers and the experience, criffs dogs for hot dogs (skip pdt), superiority burger for great veggie burger, mamouns falafel for falafel, any random pizza place that's not dollar pizza most are decent enough, minetta tavern/spotted pig/the Breslin for nicer burgers, turntable mad for chicken for Korean fried chicken, mission Chinese for overrated hipster Chinese food that isn't bad but is overhyped, xi'an famous food for hand pull noodles, Vanessa's dumplings for dumplings, shake shack (get a single smokeshack or the chickenshack), halal cart on 53rd and 6th

So much for Americans bitching about their thin, crispy bacon.

Thats a slice of pork belly, not bacon.

You absolutely need to visit the halal guys carts on the corners of 53rd and 6th ave. Theyre the ones in yellow with the constant line, cant miss em. Bring cash as well.

o lawd i grew up in nj and live in nyc now :^)

lucky you, somerset neighbours New Brunswick (Rutgers college town) and has some great food

- old man raffertys is solid, upscale diner food + beer
- cool runnin's for takeout jamaican
- thai noddle restaraunt
- i's cafe for bubble tea

got tired and stopped writing

good shit, thanks for the info

Grey's Papaya any good?

Yes

Cool, noted

How about the Sake Bar Hagi and The Spotted Pig?

I just did bitch. what are you going to do about it??

An elitist attitude.

needs avocado. Looks dry.

On the evening of May 16th, a fire broke out at Salvation Burger. The staff was able to evacuate the restaurant quickly and fortunately no guests were hurt.
As a result, the kitchen was severely damaged and the restaurant will remain closed for the next few weeks to undergo repairs.
Please check Twitter and Facebook for updates on our reopening.

White Rose in Highland Park

Koronets Pizza up on 111th and broadway

taylor swift doesn't already have flip eyes

Go home, Michelle.

Eggs benedict.

Alexandria Shawarma food truck parked outside pharmacy by J. Edgar hoover FBI Building. God-tier

pretty much the Ironbound for god-tier Portuguese/Brazilian/Spanish resturants. Last time I went to Fernando's they had the best rodizio I ever had around here. I live in the 908 and was raised by a family full of Portuguese immigrants so I spend a lot of time in the Newark area. Also if you ever take the train to NYC, there is a bar across from Newark Penn thats nice, forget the name though. Welcome to the area and stay the FUCK out of the left lane until you get used to driving here.

ty
Ive heard about the driving over there, sounds fun, specially since I fucking hate driving and have a case of road rage.
i may fit in just fin it seems

See ? This is why 99,99999% of American are obese. Looks like a one way ticket to heart attack

you dont know shit about health

go ahead an explain why you think that burger is bad

Bump for more info, how about good places on the outer boroughs? Brooklyn, Queens etc?