I know that Chinese food is gross

I know that Chinese food is gross
So why do I crave it sometimes?

Msg

/thread

>msg is bad
nice meme

Fuck off, meme loser. Literally nobody even implied that.

Salt, sugar and fat.

Anyway, there is plenty of Chinese food that isn't gross. Mapo tofu or fresh spring rolls, for example. You could always try and make fried rice yourself too.

>check yelp to find a good chinese place
>99% of the reviewers are guai los that can't tell bits of chicken from anus ordering kung pao bullshit
someone should make an ethnic yelp so that you get reviews from people that actually know what the food should taste like

OP that shit looks disgusting, Chinese food is delicious, you just have to make it yourself.

Mongolian beef for instance, make it from your own beef with vegetables, limit your own sauce, oil etc. and add only white rice if you want some

It's not amazing for you, but it's a relatively balanced meal besides the added salt/sugar

Most of the shit you get at places like Panda Express and even local Asian places is just frozen with a generic sauce, after trying so many I've realized a lot of places use the same exact sweet and sour sauce especially

>You will never know the amazing mix of angry Chinese lady food mixed with ghetto ass black food at Timmy Chans #4 in Houston.
>tfw you have your hand on your truck-gun incase some nignog tries to jack your hot spicey wings
>tfw you go to pay but only have your card and they don't accept that without ID
>tfw the pen to sign had a massive chain to stop nignogs stealing it
>tfw you were told to wait outside the building and could only come in when you were called in.
>tfw everything had locks and bars on in a restaurant.

Fuck it, I'm going now. Wish me luck anons!

im pretty sure chinese don't make those kind of spring rolls and those ones look mad shitty

Disgusting hipster Vietnamese spring rolls.

But there's naturally occurring MSG in tomatoes and mushrooms and cheese and tons of other foods, why would you single that out??

>not paying a dollar or two more for shrimp.

Has anyone here had fastfood sesame chicken with red sauce?

I used to go to this old hole in the wall place and they made it with cabbage and it was in a red sauce.

Do they still sell those doughey fried balls with the sweet corn? Used to work in sales not far from there, it was about as awful as it was excellent.

No idea, the drive through menu had been smashed to bits so you could only order like 3/5 of what they had. They did have these deep fried crab claw things. They were fucking awesome.

This one was on Antoinne and.... something.

>you just have to make it yourself.
This is literally impossibru

Also from Houston bro, as someone who lives in the heights and has driven to the ghetto for some Timmy Chans, shit, is, fucking, bomb. Heights Asian Cafe is also some good ass real Chinese food.

I know the place, used to live on TC Jester.

Food is food. I enjoy chinese food but I'm saying it's because i like food

chinese food is the most sophisticated cuisine on earth, way older than french. the stuff you have eaten is all garbage. find a restaurant run by the former chef of a hotel in beijing, like i had near me. similar flavors, but just different enough to make you realize what it CAN be. fuck ghetto chinese food like egg foo yung, dry ribs, batterered beef turds, cream cheese rangoons, etc. do not die before eating real chinese food. seriously, travel to china if you have to.

sick of them. wife loves them. i love her but i may have to kill her over this. just sayin

Cantonese Dim Sum is based and not shitty at all. I wish more places would offer it for carry-out.

>Dim Sum Wong?
>Sum dim wong?
>Some thing wrong?
>NIGGERS!

Chinatown in San Francisco, despite all the durian smelling, opium smoking chinks bustling in the streets, has the best Cantonese dim sum on the west coast. It's effectively ruined panda express for me

Actually no most sauces are made from scratch and food is cooked from raw at panda.