Flour shell "soft" tacos, or corn shell "hard" tacos—which are better, Veeky Forums?

Flour shell "soft" tacos, or corn shell "hard" tacos—which are better, Veeky Forums?

What are your ideal taco fillings?

I really couldn't give a shit. Yeah "authentic" is objectively the better tasting but I sometimes do get a craving of some taco bell crunch wrap supreme with globs of their fire sauce and sometimes I crave some tacos de suadero with salsa cilantro onions lime and salt. Depends on my mood.

soft corn tortilla, carne asada, tomato, onion, cilantro, tomatillo sauce

Soft corn tortilla, or gently fried, so it has a slight amount of crisp but is still flexible.

Beef, lettuce, tomato, avocado.

Can't go wrong with that.

'Taco Shells' are disgusting whiteboy abominations.

soft corn tortilla (made that day if possible) al pastor, pico de gallo, queso fresca, valentina or some other hot sauce maybe.

Two soft corn tortillas, meat (cabeza, chorizo or al Pastor), cilantro, onion and maybe a squeeze of lime or some hot sauce.

>which are better, Veeky Forums?

In what way, user? You ask foolish questions.

Corn tortillas certainly taste better than flour, but they often have structural integrity issues.

>>ideal filling
I'm not sure there is one. There are so many that are awesome. Barbacoa. Tongue. Fish. Hell, even the Americanized "taco meat" made from ground beef is amazing when seasoned right.

Can I ask you guys what's your favorite salsa to put over tacos? I tried a green one and a red one but don't know what they were made of or their names. I'd like to give it a try at home. Can you point some legit yt channel to lurk for recipes?

For what kind of taco, user? Different fillings call for different salsas.

I want to buy a pig's head this weekend to make tacos on sunday. I'll be also making some with regular beef, chicken breast and a veggie stew (sort of a ratatouille, for a couple cousins that are vegetarian). Family is coming over and I want them to try some healthy home made stuff, so the salsas would be pairing those fillings user

Perfect, thanks.

IMHO a green sauce would go perfect with that. Here's one that I saw on Iron Chef that is easy to make and super tasty:

Saute one onion, a few cloves of garlic (crushed), two poblanos (chopped coarse), and however many jalapenos you like (also chopped, and adjust the amount to suit your heat level preference).

Once the veggies are soft (but not browned), add a container of Mexican Crema, like pic related. Cook a little longer until the crema is hot and bubbling.

Pour the mixture into a blender and puree it. God-tier for pork.

4 tomatoes, 14 chiles de arbol, 1/2 spoon of white vinegar, salt, pepper, half garlic clove, brown the tomatoes and chiles right into the stove flame , throw everything into the blender.

Oh thank you guys. Ill make a couple of small portions of those to try the flavors. Really appreciate it.

Hard corn shells. I prefer the texture. It may not be authentic but I don't give a shit about authenticity when it comes to food.

Nice recipe. Alternately you could sub out some roasted tomatillos for the crema. The result will be less heavy and more acid, which goes just as well or better with pork.

This one is great if you are planning to serve your meat in tacos, don't forget to chop some fresh onions and cilantro to put into the tacos (please, make them soft, not Americanized hard shell, and if you want to make them hard just make tacos dorados)

Nice tip there.

My plan is to preassure cook the pig's head for easy removal of the meat and tongue, and later I'll be adding minced onions, red pepper and garlic, plus condiments to turn it into a sort of stew (I've done it before so no problems with that). The beef is going to get shredded, the same as the chicken breasts. I'm only serving the chicken breasts because there's bound to arrive a picky eater. The veggies stew, as I said, is pretty much a ratatouille with dehydrated mushrooms. I'll have sour cream and yes, fresh onions+cilantro+limes. The only thing that is new for me is the making of the hot sauces.

Less heavy, perhaps. But not less acid. The crema user pictured is sour cream, it's pretty acidic.

Not as acidic as tomatillos, though.

>he calls them """"""""taco shells"""""""""

He only used the word "hard" to refer to the hard type.

Then again, I suppose shit-tier reading comp is normal for Veeky Forums. It's just as prevalent as posting silly reaction images.

The best tortillas are soft and made of a mixture of half cornmeal and half wheat flour. The result has the best texture and flavor.

I like salsa verde

Red is a little too hot

You mean guac?

Carnitas

are these taco shell stands worth it? i fucking hate making crunchy tacos because it's such a pain in the ass to put the ingredients in without the bottom of the shell falling apart.

Those are for stroking your cock.

Soft corn is only way to go

Taco shell is a just a folded tostada. Not bad either, but I prefer soft tacos.

There isn't a "red" or "green" sauce. It depends on hoe much spice you add.