Be french

>be french
>watching the US version of masterchef
>they have to cook something based on potato
>what can go wrong ?

>mfw they bring a shitty "famous", chief so famous I'd had to Google his name only to find he's some kind of chef business man selling autococker and other shit "Whatever Puck"
>mfw they all do "blablabla with potato and beacon"
>mfw all the dishes looks like uttershit I'd do myself in a hurry

Seriously USA, what the hell is wrong with you ? Why is your food so fucking crappy ?

Also, pic related it's the average plate in the french version of the show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/we2iWTJqo98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>also
>have to cook a fish
>they don't even prepare it themselves
>it's actually fish filet in plastic bags

JESUS !

>Be American
>Browse Veeky Forums
>French cunt bitching about terrible cooking show

>Doesn't know Wolfgang Puck
>Can't spell because frog cunt
>Obviously way better chef than these assholes

Yeah okay m8 Masterchef is bad what's new

Well Wolfgang Puke didn't do much more than opening decent restaurants in a country having no food else than beacon and freedom fries. This and selling canned food with his name on it.

Point is not about the show, it's about the average cooking level in this shitty country. I mean the only country with even worse food is UK

The fact that their women are so proud about their shit-tier cooking leaves me baffled.
Every second pic someone uploads on instagram can be perfectly described with struggle plate.
"cooking for my hubby :))))" with some gray abortion laying on the plate.

He's famous in the US but that doesn't mean he's famous in France. That's your fault for watching US shows and then getting pissed off for not knowning who he is. Go watch your French shows if you want to see your own famous people.

Is this true? I would have thought it was common knowledge since there seems to be a large fishing culture in the US

Yes, it's true. Everything you read on this board is true.

>Roommate used to be cliché American blonde cunt
>Keep talking about how good her cooking was
>Keep shit talking about how our food was plain and tasteless (I'm French, we also had an Italian couple and a Turkish girl)
>She'd give us "advices"
>Told the italian they were undercooking the pasta and that they should add American square cheese on it
>Kept posting pictures of the crap she was cooking

Until

>She decided to make some unexplanable "grease and fat beef sauté with overcooked random vegetable"
>leave it on the table for use to "taste"
>10 min later my gf shows up
>look at the mess
>"guys seriously, you should clean up that table. for how long have this plate been left to rot here ? It smells terrible"
>throw it in the trash can
>we all die from laughing
>Americunt starts crying for hours on the phone

At least this is true

>pls be true
>mfw

I think the problem is not so much that all americans cant cook - there are quite a few who can - and all europeans are 5 star chefs - they are not - but rather, the culture and mentality.
Its of course very hard to shove two whole continents into one observation, but From my ftravels to the US, it seems like you must show off as much as you can, even if you should rather not.

>You are a homeless guy, with no legs anymore
>but hey, you lost those legs in Vietnam, so you gotta be proud and have fuckhuge vietnam labels everywhere!!!!

>you are a trashy, fat black woman thats going to die from the'beetus soon
>but hey, your spawn is visiting university, so you gotta wear a "proud mum of a LVU student" hoody!!!!!!!

>you are a dumb, blonde stacy that only looks hot for maybe two more years
>but hey, you can actually cook fresh vegetables to death, instead of just opening a can, so you gotta blog about it!!!!!!!

Seriously, I dont understand that country.

I'm from "europe" which means nothing, because we're all individual countries with separate cultures, even though the globalist jews would rather have that end soon.

However I've simply noticed that some people can cook or at least have some feeling for it, and others simply can't or just don't "get" it.

Me and my housemate are like this, I give a shit about the food I make and try to do everything fresh and season it to taste. Also I try to expiriment and try to add some flair to every meal.

My housemate is okay with using pre made spicepacks even though they're cooking twice the volume the pack is meant for, undercooking vegetables, overcooking meat and generally using shortcuts to get shit on the table. It's still pretty edible, but you know there isn't much thought or care behind it. Even though my housemate might be convinced there is.

Some people also choose to stay ignorant, you've got those people in every culture as well. They'd rather cook mediocre food and brag about it, because that fits their narrative. They might have been raised on even worse food, they might think they're clever by using "shortcuts" or they simply have no feeling for it at all. The same way some people can not handle a screwdriver or use a hammer. Or how some people can't seem to drive a car no matter how much practice they get. They simply do not get it.

Kind of rambled on there, but pride about ignorance definitely isn't only a USA thing.

Masterchef Professionals ruined all other competive cooking shows for me. I don't want to waste my time watching random retards cook things I could do better in my own kitchen when I can watch actually talented chefs. Not to mention the BBC has none of the fake drama, commercial breaks, and guitar riffs of American shows.

This is basically dead right.
It doesn't matter what country you're from, there's people who either care about their cooking or they don't.
I'm from the US, and I care very much about what I cook and how it's presented, and I've worked in restaurant kitchens as well. I have friends who cook everything in a goddamn crockpot and are actually proud of it, proud that they can do so little to produce mediocre food. A few of them refer to me as a "chef", even though I've never actually held that title, since to THEM, I am, when you compare my cooking to theirs.
For example, I quit giving out recipes to friends, because they'd make an abortion out of it and then come back and complain to me that their meal turned out terrible. When I'd ask why, they say things like "well, I didn't want to do this or this, so I did this instead". Well OF COURSE it turned out like shit, you didn't use the right methods!
People either care or they don't, it doesn't matter what country you're from. Although, I do believe that the French (as in OP) care more in general because cooking technique, presentation, and ingredients are so fully ingrained into their culture.

Masterchef Professionals is God Tier, but it doesn't mean that the some of the quarter finalists on Masterchef UK aren't good. The quality of the finalists is genuinely pretty damn high.

>shortcuts
youtu.be/we2iWTJqo98

in the early stages, the 'professionals' in that show are often fucking shit. plus, the haphazard execution and poorly thought out ideas in the amateur competition can be pretty funny.

that said, in the professionals i fucking love the technical challenges and signature dish recreation bits. miss michel tho

>Dat pretentious presentation

People only do that to divert attention away from the fact the food tastes like shit

>tfw you realize that is aired on a foot network

For every Vietnam vet that's obnoxious about it, there are a hundred that don't talk about it
For every fat black woman tht's obnoxious, there are ten more that are obnoxious

In the US military, we refer to those people as motards, by the way, because they're retarded with motivation, even if it's pointless

don't blame us. he's German. not our fault