You guys ever steal from the grocery store?

You guys ever steal from the grocery store?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xyRpBfeJnQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, I'm not some degenerate

No, but I used to use self checkout and get sweet potatoes and just put in that it was the cheapest potato.

I have a job.

This lady tried walk out with full goddamn cart. Must have done it before as the cops were waiting outside.

I considered it, but my morality got the best of me.

lel

Some times when I go through self check out I'll put 2 avocados when I really have 3. I get such an adrenaline rush I fast walk out and slam a warm Fresca in my car.

No. I'm not a poorfag or a kleptomaniac.

Grocer's have enough shrink to worry about without even factoring theft into the equation, so no.

They're margins are shit as it is.

Honestly I've strongly considered slipping like an expensive cheese or something in my pocket before. I always go at like 3am and I'm sure nobody would notice. Never done it though.

when I was kid I'd eat candy from the bulk section and the manager said he saw me thru the cameras and told my mom

I used to steal liquor from Vons all the time before I was old enough to buy it.

When I was a kid yeah. Mainly the loose Brach's candy.

As a teenager I stole shit from my Walmart job. Mainly due to the fact that I wasn't getting paid enough working that shitshow and that was my way of being rebellious.

I'm 30 now and have no desire to steal. Unless my new grocery pisses me off in some way and I'll nab something off the shelf, open it, and eat it in the store. Is that really considered stealing? I doubt it man. I doubt it.

Not grocery stores, but if you ever go to a gas station with one of those coca-cola drink machines that dispense anything. Pour your drink and walk out like nothing happened. as long as it seems like everyone is busy and its crowded, you should be fine

A fat security guard tried to handcuff me once when I walked out with a bottle of booze, but I was able to get away pretty easily. Although, the bottle of booze was in the waistline of my pants and ended up falling out and exploding on the ground as I was running away. I think I had a couple of beers in my pockets though so I didn't end up completely empty handed.

pro tip: if you key in the code for bananas instead of steak at the walmart self checkout you'll get steak for the price of bananas. I've been doing this for years and they still haven't caught on.

frig off ricky

I've been caught creeping at stores but never got in trouble. Even gone was far as having the store police officer confront me. Yeah, I'm a sick fuck but can't help it.

I was a huge klepto in middle and high school.

Got caught a few times, never actually arrested.

I always had money too, it was just so tempting to grab stuff I didn't really want to pay for just because I could.

>I was a huge klepto
How did you fix it? Is there something you can take for it?

>knowing the code for bananas by heart

i stole a single pack of koolaid when i was a kid and was worried abot going to hell for a few years lmao. but i got my klepperism under control now the only other thing i stole was a bag of chips from subway when i was 20 omg i hope i dont burn up in hades for bein a klepperholic :D

I kind of just grew out of it when I went to college. I could blame the people I hung out with, who were mostly the punk and druggie type kids, but I was honestly one of the worst when it came to stealing. I'd shove bottles of rum down my pants on a daily basis and pocket stupid trinkets from tourist stores (even walked out with a carton of cigarettes from a 7/11 a couple times), and while I wasn't into any of the bad drugs like opiates and meth, even some of my gutter punk friends worried about how me doing too many shrooms and often showing up to parties robotripping (people were really confused by dmx, and aside from probably killing my liver... I don't know, most people don't get the appeal). All that said, I grew up in a well-to-do household and was pretty much the only person I knew whose parents were still together.

Change your scene, change your friends, change your lifestyle. It's all just about habits and feeling enabled. Now I'm just an alcoholic who pays for it and therefore drinks bottom shelf stuff. I'll probably die from my liver exploding if I don't change, but the dxm used to be fun when my body could handle it.

Are you a retard? How much did you expect to get paid working at some teenage entry level shit hole like walmart? Of course taking something off the shelf and eating it without paying for it is stealing.

>"I have no desire to steal."
>Steals anyway

At least at the stores I shop at, the key codes are on the smaller stickers they often put on produce.

nah I've never stolen anything. Not because morality or anything like that but I'm one of those people that would get caught instantly, super nervous mother fucker that would get redfaced as hell

Used to steal beer all the time. Would literally just grab a couple cases and walk out definitely looking 16. Sometimes i would do this at multiple stores a day and throw a party that night.

lel fucking this shit.
with self checkouts it's like they WANT you to steal shit. I always get all organic produce and ring it up as regular. Been doing this for years and never got caught. And even if they did I could just feign ignorance.
I have a buddy that rings expensive shit like steaks up as bananas and hasn't been caught either but that seems a little more risky.
As far as literally putting shit in my pockets and walking out the store, fuck that. They have cameras everywhere.

4011. it's always 4011.

>not getting bananas for the price of steak

I shoplift something pocket-sized every time I go buy something else.

I used to do it often in my early 20's but in like 2009 some do-gooder fuckface saw that I was walking out with something and starting following and filming me. I got away but lost all my nerve after that, and it was probably for the best.

Been working at a discount supermarket for a year.
If you want to steal do it in the later hours after the regular personnel have gone home, because after 6 pm, most of the staff is teenagers who doesn't give a shit if you steal from the store, they are also less likely to stop you since most of them don't know the procedures of detaining a shoplifter.

I just ring shit up as cheaper versions of them or other cheap produce.

Yeah sometimes I go to Kroger after I get off work at 3am and there is literally one person manning the whole store. Also nobody is even watching the self checkouts so I feel it would be easy as fuck to steal shit that way. Only thing is they do have cameras but who knows if they even are watching those.

No because I'm not a fucking nigger.

when i was a kid and my stepfather would lock me in the basement for weeks at a time and feed me once every 3-4 days with a tv dinner, when he left the house or at night i'd get onto the broken dryer and crawl through the little window and walk to the supermarket down the road, and i'd steal about 6 pounds of cheese and a bunch of chocolate bars.

that's what you wished you did but you actually died in the basement sry bro

I stole a commemorative coin from the front of a kids football magazine when I was 10.

Then I realised that it was a shitty thing to do so I went back and handed it to the owner.

There is a disconnect between people hearing/seeing theft and realising how it affects them.

For those who don't know it increases the prices for you by either increasing the insurance (see overheads) of the shop or it causes the shop to increase prices directly to counteract the loss from theft.

>tl;dr if you see someone stealing stop them, they are causing you to pay more to cover the loss

>if you see someone stealing stop them
Even employees at most stores are told NOT to do this. You do not put yourself in harm's way for some shitty merchendise. Rat them out, call the cops? Sure, but don't try to stop them.

Is he a ghost or a skeleton?

Congratulations letting scumbags lower your standard of living.

Once, accidentally. Went through the self checkout and just forgot I had it in the cart.

It's 4011 nig nog

Have fun when you're in the hospital because you tried to stop a junkie from stealing $20 worth of junk

Have fun knowing you're not strong enough to overpower a junkie.

bu... but she's white

>not conceal carrying and unloading on the thief the minute you see them trying to steal something then claiming you thought you saw a weapon on them so you get off scott free
bro do you even america?

madman

You're hilarious

No. I am not a nigger.

Have you ever been stabbed? Its not worth it

I've been stabbed 3 times, not for stopping shoplifters mind you but I would still stop them if they tried it.

Grow a pair.

There are a couple white trash neighborhoods within a few miles of this store

And you are a spineless contribution to your community.

Words on the internet mean nothing.

You'd get stabbed for your grocery store? Really?

>Words on the internet mean nothing.
Exactly

I'd get stabbed again for my neighbours, for the people around me.

Mimicry, how flattering.

We're not talking about neighbors. We're talking about some grocery store that is probably just an off shoot of some massive corporation.

But he doesn't want to pay one penny more for his Wheaties!

Then perhaps you don't know how thiefs affect you.

Please see.
Thiefs steal indirectly from you, every time you shop a thief has caused you to pay more than is necessary on every item.

They have stolen money and therefor time from your life.

And you would stand here and tell me they are not worth the effort.

I'm glad you're American.

I get the large organic hass avocados and ring them up as the $0.50 avocados. Gets me fucking rock hard every time. I always have to crank one out in my car in the parking lot.

So you think a tiny percentage of the population is the cause for price raises? Not corporate greed?

I sometimes take those pre-made sandwiches at Safeway and buy them as sandwich rolls at the self-checkout for a third of the price.

That way if I get caught it's somewhat plausible that I'm just an idiot who thought they were the same thing and couldn't get it to scan

I bet you're like this douche thinking you're some "hero" for stopping people who you think are "stealing" from you.
youtube.com/watch?v=xyRpBfeJnQk
Mind your own fucking business captain dickweed.

I work at a grocery store currently. I steal energy drinks since I don't get paid enough for what I contribute to my department (basically do everything from managerial stuff to doing all the inventory and helping customers) and it allows me to perform my job at the the optimal level.

I work at a really busy store and a lot of employees steal since they feel entitled to it from the workload that's expected of them. Some people nab steaks and liquor bottles and just have a store brand plastic bag that they'll have in the break room to shove all their bullshit in.

You seem like the type who values property over human life.
>someone is being raped or assaulted
Sure it's worth the risk of getting stabbed to stop them.
>someone is stealing from a fucking store
lol fuck that. lets the cops handle it.

Address the issue, don't deflect from it.

The contention is that thieves cause a drop in the standard of living for honest, hard working people.

Address this or cry on your mommies apron.

everyone's gotta be a hero now. i think only over 30's even remember the concept of mind your own business.

>tfw no mommygf with an apron to cry on

In case you didn't notice i'm willing to put my safety on the line for those around me, for the sake of property or sanctity.

Did you reply to the wrong person, because I value both personal tenets.

>mind your own business.

First they came for my neighbours.....

nonsense
a corporation will charge you the amount they can make. if they didn't have increased insurance costs, but could sell the goods to you at the same price, do you think they wouldn't, just because their costs aren't as high?

no but made mistakes in self checkout. And well they go a bit far. Yeah I'm trying to rip you off 8 bucks. :P for shits and giggles.

Of course they would, because then they can undercut their competitors.

>Re-typing this.

If they can afford to sell it for less they will because they can beat their competitors.

Except they don't. They're a drop in the bucket for any corporate owned grocery chain. You're so delusional it hurts. I'd say you have a point if you brought up mom and pop stores, but you haven't so I assume you shop at some chain bullshit store.

i did in some dark times in my life mostly food
once i brought a bag with me to fill it lol but security caught me

they could undercut their competitors now, at a decreased profit, which is what it would always be

shop here for hundreds of dollars a week,but I just thought I would try and pull some shit for 8 dollars.

I live in the UK, I have the option of shopping at supermarkets or standard grocery stores.

Either way theft hurts their profits, and if they can reduce the cost to the consumer they will to bring customers in from the competition.

Then you truly are lost because if you think anyone shops around for everyday goods to find the best deal for a weekly shop you really are delusional.

People stick to the shops they are familiar with unless they think they can get a far better deal somewhere else.

Do you honestly check the prices of all the things you are going to buy this week to find out where they are cheapest?

No, so stop with your elementary grasp of business practices.

not once you have bought the cheapest a few times. Shit is garbage, better third,fourth cheapest.

Precisely, I have never brought the cheapest.

I know that, and so does everyone else. But we shop where we thing we are getting the best price.

But lets take something into consideration, if a shop had no thefts do you think they would voluntarily put their price for comparible products above that of their competitors?

Why not, they could reduce the price and customers could come to them.

If they had no thefts would they need to hire a security guard?

Would you need an RFID system tagging expenive products?

GTFO if you want to apologise for thieves, they should be taken into the street and executed.

I don't work my arse off to be told at the end of the week I could have spent another 4 hours with my family had it not been for people stealing in my community.

So why do you accept it when you're not told that?

not sticking up for thieves. Sticking up for everyday people getting treated like thieves over simple mistakes.

m8, if they want to reduce the price and get customers, they can do that now, even with the theft

I used to work summers at one, so yeah, a shit load.

>don't know the procedures of detaining a shoplifter.

You mean letting them walk out and do nothing?

Most theft is by employees. I worked night crew during summers in college, I had coworkers stealing well over $200 in food every month.

the fear of ruining my life which may someday be successful after college is a very effective deterrent

I'd rather go hungry for a week than have a mark on my perfect record
thankfully that rarely happens

I work at winco and the attendant actually pays attention to this shit.

Everytime I go into Fred Meyer's to buy alcohol I don't get carded, and I'm only 21 just now. Last night and the guy was looking down writing something. I scanned it and he didn't even look up at me he just pressed the age not required button. The time before I walked up to the only empty one and it had a 30 pack of beer and nuggets rung up on it already un paid for. I'm assuming they just left and took it because he wouldn't come check their ID. He was on the other side doing nothing and I had to walk over and ask him to fix it. Then I was waiting for my ID and he was just standing up at the counter looking off into nothing and I had to call over to him for him to notice and he didn't check my ID just ok'd it.

bananas: 4011
roma tomatoes: 4087
small avocado: 4046
large avocado: 4770
potato: 4072
red potato: 4073
lettuce: 4061
green onion: 4068
yellow onion: 4093
sweet onion: 4159
red onion: 4386
white onion: 4663

Anything else?

Oh yeah.

I worked at a grocery store and my boss was a total bitch so we robbed her blind.

All the new chips would get "ripped accidentally" or we would just straight steal shit off the shelves. One of my friends would literally take his backpack and ransack his paycheck in lunchables and pre cooked ribs.

There was even one time we stole a 30 rack of beer and got one of the deli guys so wasted he threw up while cutting meat. Good times

>thieves cause a drop in the standard of living for honest, hard working people.

You're generalizing too much. Crime in general does this, but if we're talking *only* about petty larceny, and no other crime, the rate that it happens anywhere in the first world does NOT lower the standard of living in general.

A really high rate of theft, similar maybe to third world countries, might actually lower the standard of living without factoring in other crime, but whatever happens at a local Publix or Wegman's doesn't make any difference.

Reminder, if you run, they aren't allowed to chase you past the store perimeter. Not allowed as in they get fired.

Just make sure Batman over here isn't around to bash your head in over a candy bar

They only monitor the cameras after the fact. If they don't already know that you stole something, they aren't going to watch you on camera.

I've only stole at the retail places I've worked at. Makes the shitty paycheck much more worth it