Who /dumpsterdiving/ here?

Who /dumpsterdiving/ here?

Getting good food for free is so much fun. The best part of it is that you don't hurt anyone. Not the animals who died for the meat, not the starving workers who pick the cocoa beans, NO ONE.

>Doesn't hurt anyone
>Actively breaking laws to steal supermarket property

Where do I find such deluxe dumpsters?

Real nigga talk here

It ain't store property if it in the dumpster

A lot of corporate Jew eyed supermarkets lock their dumpsters and you can get charged for breaking and entering if you get through to the garbage.

The laws allow it here why I live. "Trash" doesn't belong to anyone. Now GTFO.

SEARCH. There's no way but checking every store you can go to.

Dumpster diving is pretty much the lowest of the low, and I'd get food stamps before resorting to eating literal trash.

That said, unless a company puts a padlock on their dumpster it's not usually considered theft.

wow what gready cunts

What are you going to do with so much estragon mustard?

Most of them do. :I I only know 3 free spots.

pussy

Eat them with sausages, when I find them? Mustard is one of the things that never really go bad, so I have lots of time to consume them.

I don't ever see myself ever having to make the decision between going on welfare or eating trash. If dumpster diving makes you feel like more of a man, more power to you.

if you wouldn't eat the stuff in op pic you're a pussy. sorry user them's the breaks.

I'd be careful with that OP aren't there sources that dictate Supermarket Managers will dump bleach and chemicals on the food to prevent people from eating it?

Yeah but you're depriving raccoons of dinner

RJ pls go...

That once happened in Sweden and was a big scandal, I don't think that they would do that. If they really don't want anyone to take their trash, they could just lock up their dumpsters.
And also, most of the things I take are packaged in plastic, so I see no problem.

And I think I will make my round again today. Friday seems to be a good day.

Nevermind, just realized that today is thursday. :I

I will go tomorrow.

not even mad at you
I've thought about becoming a freegan before, but I don't have the balls

I understand people eating whatever they can, and know full well the rational behind people who can afford food dumpster diving. I also understand the rationale behind vegans/vegetarians.

I believe in most of the ideas behind it being some sort of protest, though don't think it has any real effect. And I'd go vegan long before I'd eat garbage. Yes, the system is fucked, but aping a rabbit or a raccoon isn't going to change anything, and calling someone a pussy for not following an extreme lifestyle with dubious benefits is tryhard as fuck.

g-g-ggarbage. it's in packages you girl.

A thought, m8:

If you're not poor, did you ever consider seeing if you can get that food to actual poor people either wherever you live or abroad?

I ask because we have so much food in the western world, and so much of it ends up in a landfill. I'm vegan for a number of reasons, but I recognize that, even if everyone went vegan, the excess production wouldn't go to the poor; it would simply stop because there's no money in feeding the poor. Further, we already have so much food that a ton of it ends up in the trash.

It seems like such an awful situation where we have so much that so much totally fine shit ends up in a landfill, but none of it ever goes to actual people who could use it.

Well if you're getting your food from dumpsters, you're making it at least not worse.

Someone you've never met threw it into a dumpster full of who knows what.

I accept that, and honestly don't judge. I just don't feel as though the benefits of eating trash outweigh eating trash, and that's my decision to make.

Have you bros ever been caught dumpster diving?

I went for a dive outside my a nearby Subway hoping to score some bread and maybe some of their cakes and cookies. Got caught and banned for life. Fucking sucks. The manager told me he recognises me as 'the guy who always gets his employees to make the food without gloves' (I prefer the taste that way) and told me they had to throw food because I made them breach hygiene standards. fuck him. If that food was thrown because of me it belogns to me.

I wish I had some cheap markets around here.

There are websites and facebook groups where you can share your food with local people.

But I'm a robot-neet, so I wouldn't do that.

my mom did this sometimes

we would get like, multiple BOXES full of milano cookies, full loaves of bread, all of this shit that was still good for like a year. we'd have full cupboards of pic related

i ate fucking all of it. dumpster diving with packaged food is totally fair game as far as i'm concerned. you're just wasting food. if you get sick from it, then you can't blame the supermarket, which is really the only downside

as long as you look the food up and don't see any weird recalls, expiration date is good and package isn't opened, it's good to eat.

it's awesome.

i've taken free forks to avoid buying them

i've stuffed my pockets with napkins and paper towels

i've stapled the bottoms of my shoes to keep them from coming apart just a bit longer

but this? damn this is poor as hell
[spoiler]maybe i should give it a shot[/spoiler]

>having this much pride
You ain't cut out for this world.

I majored in philosophy, which is just about the most useless liberal arts major out there. Yet I'm still somehow able to pay off student loans, put a roof over my head, and feed myself without resorting to eating literal trash. I've made some bad choices in life, but I'm doing just fine.

as if a store manager is going to waste more money by dumping perfectly good bleach on trash

cvs (american drugstore) has some great stuff... chips, cookies, vitamins and other otc pills, housewares

Do you own a bird, or do you intend to eat the bird feed? If you intend to eat it, how are you going to prepare it? I am genuinely interested.

You could save a boatload each month by dumpster diving, and still have more food at the end of the month than you would normally. Just saying.

I have two cockatiels and I can also feed wild birds with that.

Never been caught, but I'm a newbie t.b.h.

I used to do that but I couldn't resist all those sweets. Now, there's some foodsharing place (same as dumpster diving just that the food is delivered to some public place for people to take it) near me and I started again but I check it some hours after a new delivery and hope all that's left are vegetables, flour, nuts and stuff like that.
Last time there were still some chocolates left, though.

>eating literal trash
Do you really think the stuff in OPs pic is trash just because someone trew it away? Except tht some of it has been garbage since production.

>mfw i dont have to pay for food because im dumpster diving it

Cost: None
Lulz: Many

>mfw i dont have to buy food because the government gives me 300$ in foodstamps because im white trash

lmao that's what im talking abot i get an almost sexuol thrill out of getting free stuff out of the dumpster and get so turned on by rooting around in the trash like a bum and eating garbage even tho i make like 40k a year at my job lmao :D

dumpster divers are disgusting shitbags

There is literally NOTHING wrong about dumpster diving. You're saving food, that's a good thing.

its all a lie user, these people buy whatever is marked down at walmart plus a couple good things and then come home and take a picture of it. I have seen people who just take a picture of a couple old pairs of shoes they had lying around or their old laptop and claim they dumpster dived it.
If you look around you are going to see everyone ppsting big "finds", a couple people who legit went into a dumpster and found 2 or 3 edible unopened shit and hundreds of people asking why after months they still didnt get a big find and begging for tips

OP here, you're wrong. I posted all my finds in the thread and the OP pic was my biggest yet. Many stores have a day in a week where they sort everything out, and the weekend is a good day too do dive. But usually you can go everyday and find good things. I usually go to 3 stores in one go.

You legitimately made me mad btw.

They are probably liable for any retard that hurts himself trying to fish a couple boxes of crackers out of their dumpster

kek, your finds look like shit next to what people claim to find, you may aswell be telling the truth if these is the best you got in months of searching or something.
Whenever something good gets expired and employees get told to throw it away they pocket it, they are not allowed to pocket it but they are retail workers and forbiding it itself means corporate doesnt get in trouble.
Those big recalls where you claim you can get months worth of shit are becoming more and more ilegal to throw away because people eat them so instead the stores have to arrange ton send them somewhere directly
so what do you find? you find shit nobody would ever pay for but here is a tip, whenever you see a printer open it and get the ink cartiges, that shit gets refilled and sold as brand new by assholes and they buy it for a couple bucks

Whatever you say, fampai. I'm a beginner and only dived like 5 times. Today I will go again and take a picture of the dumpster just for you kekold.

Also
>"shit nobody would ever pay for"
You must be one of those "special people". That's all I can say.

If you want to get tons of free shit the biggest hack is to actually work in a big chain supermarket, emoyees get to know about every promotion first and can hide the merchandise away, they get a friend to come buy lots of shit and they only ticket a third of it and if they get access to the thmeat department or cheese and cold cuts they have it done, they jjst stick the price tag of the cheapest shit there to premium cold and pay Penny's the dollar

A great philosopher once said that Utopia is something that must forever remain out of reach for man so what's the point of utopia? It's to keep us moving fowards
Kek
But really, instead of grabbing a shovel and running to find gold why don't you sit for a minute and think what you are trying to do, if you legitimately enjoy those shitty off brand cookies, slightly off veggies and other shit I have seen you post then dive away but if the only thing that keeps you going there is that off chance of a big find you are wasting your time. Good shit doesn't get thrown away and when it does it's finders keepers but for store employees

Only been dumpster diving as a kid for fun, never for food though.

Did find a DS lite and a whole mountain bike that just needed a new tire once.

>Bahlsen
>"shitty off brand cookies"
Top fucking Kek. Found the american.

I'm just enjoying my free food, now GTFO.

Meant to quote

You know, isn't dumpster diving g once, a chain grocery store was closing for a few months for renovation so I went there a few minutes before closing time to check what was left there thinking they where going to dispose of it, I sat in front of the store (park bench) and waited and waited but no garbage was taken out, eventually the garbage truck came and emptied the dumpsters and I knew I was getting back shit. Next day I walked by and there where construction workers breaking shit inside and the place was empty, turns out they where so cheap that they just grabbed everything and took it to the next store. There where 4 or 5 guys waiting outside the store too, I cringe thi king about the fact that produce was marked down as much as 70% because of closing so I could have got great shit for cbeap

Maybe someday you will find that half eaten salmon bagel user, keep chasing your dreams.
Hobbos have been dumpster diving since city's became a thing, they would rather beg because they know it's bullshit, by your logic hobbos would get the best finds

>retard detected
Why are you still here?

I'm making g fun of you while making sure people reading the thread know you are full of shit
Plus you are a legit beloved which makes it hilarious to me, all you know is that in a big world there simply must be some space to cheat and get away with it, you are one of those people

Wow you sure showed me xD

Such a prankster :^)

>struggles to upkeep his life
>I-i-i-i'm doing f-f-fi-fine!

can you explain dumpster diving? why are people throwing away good/unopened food?

If I was that poor I would not be on Veeky Forums making a thread about it.

Because it is expired or expires soon, or they just have too many of it and want to empty their warehouse.

I'm a neet but not poor.

BTW I dived yesterday, but there wasn't very much. A cucumber, some tomatoes and some eggs.

I wish I could but I'm too scared of getting caught and punished. Food is insanely expensive. There's still cheap stuff to eat, but outside of the cheap stuff the other 80% of what is stocked in the market is so expensive I wonder how people who buy it can afford to not be emaciated. Mainly boxed and prepackaged food is expensive, also meat. I mainly eat eggs, oats, beanz/rice, and fruit/veg because of this. Most stores now want $5 for a box of cereal. That's ridiculous. Good for OP. I don't know why stores and markets waste so much in the first place. I've had friends work at convenience and grocery stores and they tell me they toss a TON of food, and also don't sort/recycle/compost anything ever. It makes me sick to think about how wasteful that is.

One man's trash...

I used to go to newspaper and magazine recycling bins with friends and dive for victoria's secret and playboys, hustlers, etc. Also would try and snag fishing and gaming magazines. Haven't done it for food yet... I'm in a brand new city so idk the laws behind it, but that might be worth checking out. Granted, food is retardedly cheap here anyways and I'm frugal, but free stuff never hurts. Might have to cruise around a bit and see if anything looks like it's worth diving in.

>tfw all stores in town lock their dumpsters

I only dumpster dove for Pepsi points to try and aquire this jet. Alas, I never sent the ones I got in in time to even receive that shitty leather jacket.

They should

People who dumpster dive have no shame or a sense of pride

I have not had to buy napkins for years.

true story, some guy purchased a bunch of points to try to buy the jet and then unsuccessfully sued when pepsi wouldn't give him one. you saved yourself from disappointment by not getting enough.

what are those bags? tampons?

oh, my biggest score was at a dollar general in nofuckwhere georgia. went by one night late, found a two boxes of wine and liquor. about 15 bottles total, only one had ever been open. twelve bottles of wine, so the one i left gave me 11. all were french imports, mostly red, with two or three white. then some sort of greek liquor, a bottle of mezcal and one vodka.

awesome stuff.

>doesn't know what Manner waffles are
You americans surprise me more and more.

nice

>food is insane expensive

M8, food costs are like 15% of your wage nowadays, back up 50 years and it was closer to 50%. And here you are complaining about food prices, shit's hilarious.

Where I'm from the only people low enough to go through dumpsters are gypsies.
So yeah, you people are on the same level as them.

>mfw we are told to piss into the dumps

That only adds aroma

Some quick diving got me into this. (+ one more chicken breast slices)

Yeah a nice find. :)

Friends and I once dumpster dove for fun, came out with 20 bags of funions, dorritos and lays.

Pretty fucking cool if you ask me, but I'm not sure I care enough now to try it again.

Oh I'm missing Tortellini in this picture.

My local stores actively destroy anything they throw out with chemicals like bleach. I do not know if this is legal.

I highly doubt that that's true.

There's really no reason for a business to waste chemicals just to prevent people from stealing their garbage. If they really cared they'd just use a padlock.

Breaking the law doesn't automatically mean you are hurting anyone. There are victimless crimes and dumpster diving is one of them. The supermarket doesn't lose money, rather the opposite. Garbage disposal is expensive.

>Have $50 to spend at store
>Find everything I want in dumpster instead
>Give $0 to store
>Everyone does this; store goes out of business
>Over 50 people lose their job
>"""Victimless"""

Kantian ethics don't work under the assumption that everyone is willing to eat literal garbage.

If a few opossums get into a dumpster without making a mess who gives a shit, as long as they don't try bringing it into my house.

I don't think this is a thing in Toronto because we are civilized and don't leave trash in the street

Dollar General has a policy of opening the packaging of food being thrown away.

Generally speaking if you find stuff covered in bleach or other chems its because those products were damaged and they tossed them in the dumpster instead of holding them for hazardous pickup.

>Toronto
>Civilized

omygod! your so gross user! and sketchy as fuck! ew!

Just went dumpster diving 9 hours ago for the first time and i got milk, broccoli, cheese, a shit ton of yoghurt and pudding. None of the packaging was damaged or dirty. I even ate a yoghurt which had an expiration date from the 24th of May and the yoghurt did not smell bad or taste bad or have mold on it. No stomage aches or diarrhea. It's ridiculous how much stores throw away and in what good condition the packaging of the food is.

>can't go dumpster diving because most businesses put locks on them

#cringe thread

The few times that's happened, the owners have gotten massively ass-excavated by the long cock of the law.
Apparently, pouring poisonous materials over your waste food for the fun of it is considered an attempt at deliberate poisoning, and can (potentially) be charged as domestic terrorist even.

>tfw all the bins are locked

>recession happens
>price of all the food in the country practically doubles
>recession ends
>economy improving, but still nowhere near as good as it was beforehand
>oy vey, they people are rich, jack up the prices!
I fucking hate these kikes

This happened to me once, expect it was all dollar store vermouth.
I feel like it gave me literal PTSD. The taste of vermouth gives me panic attacks now.

Imagine the face of anyone who knew you were dumpster-diving.

I mean, shouldn't you be working on your source of income? I'm automatically assuming you're not busting your ass trying to find a better job.

Oy vey good goyims! Keep paying lot's of your shekels for stuff that the jewpermarket will throw anyway.

>dat bird food

Hat der Wellensittich von meinem Bruder immer gegessen desu senpai.