What do they cook here?

What do they cook here?

Aside from fries on sandwiches.

Wings. A fuck ton of wings.

Western Pennsylvania is part of Pennsylvania but Pennsylvania as a whole is not Western Pennsylvania.

I live two hours east of erie and our regional sandwich has fries on it

How is 'southern' food in the South disproportionate?

it's fries and coleslaw, actually
aisde from that we're pretty big into german and italian cuisine in western PA.

Ranch dressing on everything and buffalo chicken dip, and of course wings/primanti's sandwiches. Also french fries on all salads.

Cheese steaks are from philly you retard

>ohio
>soup

thought it wouldve been cincy chilly or buckeyes

Perogies, whoopie pies, venison, apple dumplings, scrapple, pot pies, variety of pasta salads.

Lots of (PA) Dutch, German, Italian, Polish food in general, too.

Sounds like south east Michigan, minus the whoopee pies (don't even know what that is), scrapple (that's a Maryland thing) and pasta salads.

whoopie pies are like those oreo cakesters that where a thing a while back but the cake part is gingerbread, from what i can remember. It's been so long since i've had one.

its a flyover region so they probably enjoy a daily dose of ' '

heroin

Those county lines are beyond fucked.

only Pittsburgh is known for its fries on a sandwich tho. The rest of that region eats at chain restaurants

LOL scrapple is NOT a Maryland thing. It's a Pennsylvania Dutch food. They might have it there, but its origin is here.

>Huffington Post
>Source is Yelp

Yeah this is entirely irrelevant, please stop posting it.

Westmorlandfag here, we cook a lot of wings and burgers. Bunch of shitty bar food.

Sous Chef at an Italian place in Venango County here. Western PA doesn't really have it own unique cuisine, it's typical middle america white trash fare most places.

No one here knows what 'al dente' means. Our waitresses constantly write it as 'el donte', and when I try to correct them they pay no mind. Most people who order al dente pasta want it cooked just long enough so that it bends, but it still way underdone and crunchy. The rest expect their pasta to come out like mush.
And their's this one son of a bitch who always orders Carbonara with clams added. It's horrible.

Hey I live there

same. Somerset County is... something.

scrapple

cheese steak is Philadelphia, Philadelphia does not make up all of PA

Pittsburgh here. I don't feel fries in a sandwich is more than just one restaurant. so here's what I say is for western PA

Pensyltuckey delicacies I know of.

>Scrapple
pig scraps mushed together into a salty paste. Sounds awful, but is fucking to die for.
>Soupies
Could be regional. But it's basically pickled pork. People are really into it.
>Lebanon Balogna
There is a town called Lebanon. They have a special bologna that is fucking unreal.

I live in Erie, PA. Our shit town eats at Applebee's so much that there's three of them within a 5-6 mile radius.

Southeastern PA here, Pennsyltucky is literally the shittiest part of the state.

Slavic food as well

>Oregon
>Food stands
They're called food carts. Or trucks. Most are trailers or trucks.

That's all it is a little outside of Pittsburgh. And delivery sucks dick, Chinese or pizza is the only option where I live.

When I visit my friend who lives closer to Pittsburgh there is so much shit. Delis, various Asian cuisines, a peanut butter and jelly restaurant, Polish and German food. It's great.

>tfw I live near monroeville

Please someone help me escape this shitty nigger ridden county

Sweet Lebanon bologna is literally to die for, if I had to pick a last meal it might be that. Only bologna I like desu

I lived in Monroeville for years. I don't see a problem with it. also 5 black people doesn't mean it's over populated with blacks

also monroeville is not a county

It's alright if you like suburbs with nothing local. Except shirt bars and pizza.

>West Virginia
>hot dogs

Damn, they're so fucking poor.

>mfw I live in Moon Township

The only things here are a shitty university and a half-finished Walmart.

>Coming from the part of the state that includes Philly and Lancaster

im from Illinois and never had pakistani towel head food in my life

>New York
>Kosher
oy veyyyy lmao

That's a half-finished Walmart more than Slippery Rock has.
Once someone kills the coveted albino deer that roams near main street and devours its RARE venison we'll be back to having nothing except enough alcohol to down small elephants.

Both are better than Geneva College by a long shot.

Beaver Falls taught me that crack smells like.

>maryland
>peruvian

From Pittsburgh, we eat alot of Eastern European food like pierogi, haluski, etc.

Northeast PA here, I disagree.

The worst parts of the commonwealth are Phillthy and Shitsberg.

>Hawaiian disproportionately popular in Hawaii

really

Fucking yum

I was just in Towanda.

What a shitty state. Flyoverland is disgusting.

pierogies