Why is it okay to eat pigs but not dogs?

Why is it okay to eat pigs but not dogs?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5049210/Pig-hailed-as-a-real-life-Babe.html
youtube.com/watch?v=61g2-EVJ-mo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't eat either of them, and neither should you

>wee wee wee dindu nuffin

No idea, don't give a shit about dogs.

Probably more cost effective to eat pigs as they have more meat at a guess.

Dogs have co-evolved with humans and you've ever had a dog as a pet you would understand how close they can become. Pigs and some other animals are also smart and social but pigs make good meat I guess.

Pigs i eat arent kept in inhumane conditions.

Or so the 'organic' moniker has led me to belive.

Go ahead, eat to your precious little tastebuds content. But that doesn't mean I'll ever consider you equal to me. "Big deal" you might think, but I am going to fuck you over every way I can. Everybody else gets preferential treatment. You're shot? Too bad, you're waiting for the three moms with the kids with sniffles.

>there are people that claim to be moral and still eat animal products

Predators are garbage meat honestly.

I'd try dog if it was raised to be food. China often didn't raise them for food though and just finds stays to eat.

I'd also assume farming dogs would be similar to farming modern animals where we would eat them at around a year or so of growth, and mostly only one or two breeds would be farmed.

Why is it okay to make shitty, unoriginal bait threads?

>someone disagrees with me
must be bait!

Cultural revolution tends to starve a lot of people. Brits ate cats and rats during wwii

I fucking hate chinks and gooks.

>the cultural revolution caused famine

>Why is it okay to eat pigs but not dogs?

Dog doesn't taste good. People eat Dogs out of desperation, if everyone had the money, they'd eat a juicy fuckin steak every day.

Dogs aren't are rather inefficient to raise (they grow slowly and need to eat meat) and they don't taste particularly good.

Compare that to pigs which gain weight quickly on stuff like kitchen scraps and taste fucking amazing.

Because 10,000 years ago humans domesticated wolves to make for themselves companion animals that assisted in hunting, traveling, and herding. We have an evolutionary disposition to not consume dogs.

Pigs, on the other hand, have been hunted and slaughtered for just as long. We seek them out for meat, we breed them to be fat and tasty. Our tongues have developed a taste for their flesh and fat. We have an evolutionary disposition to consume pig.

Pigs taste better than dogs
Pigs genetically have more meat per pound than dogs
Pigs don't have strong carnivore characteristics while dogs do
Dogs are able to be trained to protect, pigs physically can't be

Basically comes down to taste and contribution to our race.

Filtered.

>Pigs i eat arent kept in inhumane conditions.
>Or so the 'organic' moniker has led me to belive.

this. i know for a fact that the farm i buy from lets their pigs sleep on an actual bed, and they have their own pool to swim in, and a tv running old 50s movies 24 hours a day. they have a better live than most of you plebs.

I like dogs more.

sleep tite, puppers!

it's okay to eat both.

people just have too much feels for dogs and can't stand other people doing things they wouldn't do.

I was watching one of those shows where people recount near death experiences.
there was this one guy who was lost in the woods and he happened along a friendly dog who may have been lost in the woods with him too.
For many days the two wandered together, the dog following him everywhere he went.

what an amazing way to find a companion you could have for life, you know?

well one day the guys hunger got the better of him so he beat the dog to death with a piece of wood and ate it.
then he threw it up because can you imagine what raw dog meat tastes like?

he was rescued the next day

Pigs can be as friendly as dogs, and are even comparable in terms of loyalty and overall satisfaction in a pet. They can be trained to do various tasks and come with unique, individual personalities. But pigs never stop eating. Ever. To eat like a pig is not just a saying. Dogs are cheaper to care for so in that sense more useful and easier to keep as a pet. Plus pigs taste better and there is more fatty meat on them. It is not necessarily better to eat pigs per say but it is more logical. Especially considering if we forced fed and farmed dogs like we did pigs we'd all be eating shit-tier gamey meat and wasting money making dog feed when pigs literally eat anything.

Morals are relative
If you're hungry enough it's okay to eat anything

None of those are actually reasons for why eating dog is wrong.

i hear they taste like dog tho.

but honestly what taste?

Are you implying other farm animals didn't co-evolve with humans?

That's completely bullshit. Many fishes we eat are predators.

They are if you're naive enough to be 100% libertarian.

...No, I didn't? There are plenty of smart animals that get along with humans. But pigs make better meat.

Thats not how evolution works, you idiot. Its not a disposition, it's cultural. As soon as you decide to not think that way, there's nothing that stops you.

The only thing evolution applied in that case it's the selective process humans made for having dogs as pets and pigs as food, which nowadays make them extremely cute and extremely delicious respectively.

It's NOT ok to eat swine though user.

because we regard dogs, in most cultures, as trainable and friendly animals. i dont know why we dont eat cat tho, we got too many of them anyway

If it tastes good eat it

cat tastes like piss, m8

except fishes ?

because dogs were raised and bred to be human companions... it's only sub-human e-sport infatuated races who would eat such a revered animal...

Dogs and humans have developed a symbiotic relationship over 10,000 years.

Pigs, not so much

Man's best friend

You wouldn't eat your friend

>evolutionary

The Chinese word for "family" is derived from an ancient 10,000 ideogram of a pig inside a house

Checkmate carnists

Guy goes into a bar and sullenly orders a beer and a double shot of whiskey. The bartender pours his order and asks "Why so down Bill?" Bill drains his first round, signals for a refill and says, "I caught my wife in bed today screwing my best friend." The bartender asks "Well, did you shoot him?" "Couldn't do that," says Bill. "Why not?" asks the bartender. And Bill replies, "I've had that dog for 10 years."

>ancient 10,000 ideogram

His Mother thinks he's cool.

Because arbitrary distinction by white people. Same reason alcohol is ok but marijuana isn't

Dogs aren't halaal

in certain parts of the world we did, and still do.

Ultimately, in the Western World - Europe, the Middle East, etc, the pig and the dog were both endemic. Both were sociable animals that could be adopted and trained by humans, both had minimal value as beasts of burden. Dogs however, in addition to being leaner and less flavourful than pigs, were more useful than hunting. Essentially, the Dog was more useful as a friend, and the pig more useful as a meal.

Elsewhere, such as the Americas and SEA, where dogs were present but pigs were not (originally), Dogs were in fact used as a food source (and still are in some rural areas)

However dog farming is very inefficient, so as a food product it would remain niche, as a ceremonial or lesser food source.

The inefficiency of dogs as food, combined with the efficiency of Pigs as food, combined with Western Culture which developed around this paradigm, resulted in an environment where the Dog was elevated as a companion and the Pig consigned to food.

>However dog farming

shouldn't it be "dog ranching"?

no, because Dogs in Indonesia and other countries are farmed in small area's like chickens or pigs.

Farmed for pet sale, not consumption. Indonesians are primarily Muslim and dogs are considered dirty animals

I just chose a random country, I have no idea who eats dogs, just that it's some shithole in asia.

Mexicans used to for religious holidays before the Spanish murdered the fuck out of them

Allahu akbar

>think it's more moral to wreck the ground with monocultures

vegfags, everyone

Most monoculture is animal feed though

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

> Pigs taste better than dogs
According to who? Pigs a bred to be tasty, very few people have eaten a dog that was bread to be eaten.
>Pigs genetically have more meat per pound than dogs
You can fatten any animal up user. And while pigs have been bred over centuries to produce more meat over a shorter timespan, the same could very easiuly be done to dogs.
> Pigs don't have strong carnivore characteristics while dogs do
Pigs are omnivores so if given the option would happily eat meat.
> Dogs are able to be trained to protect, pigs physically can't be
Pigs have shown themselves of capable of intelligence and can be trained.
telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5049210/Pig-hailed-as-a-real-life-Babe.html
And while the modern pig would fail as a guard animal, the boar from which it is descended could have been bred into being more vicious and deadly.

exactly, it's not that pigs cannot be trained to do what a dog can do. it's just that we've selectively bred pigs for meat, not for companionship, aesthetics, temperament, or intelligence.

I would have no problem with eating dog. I just wouldn't eat MY dog.

/thread

>According to who? Pigs a bred to be tasty, very few people have eaten a dog that was bread to be eaten.

According to people familar with mammal biology. While I'm sure it could be possible to improve the taste of dog if ones were specially bred for that purpose, there are a lot problems to overcome. Dogs, like most predators, have scent glands, whose presence taints the flavor of the meat.

>Pigs are omnivores so if given the option would happily eat meat.
Missing the point. Carnivores don't taste good. We want them eating vegetables, not meat, as that results in better tasting flesh. Also, feeding animals meat would be crazy expensive compared to the alternative. A carnivorous diet is a disadvantage; pigs will eat anything.

What a shitty thread.

Go eat a lettuce and stfu.

I used to kill cats as a kid.

I would devour a dog in a heartbeat, it's not like I knew it before digesting it anyway.

A person who has lost a hand remembers how to clap, even if they no longer do. You can have moral standing and fail its entire possibility for a portion of its maintenance.

Your dismissal is childish.

Your doing right finding excuses to spread awareness.

my question is which dog breed is the tastiest to eat?

Maybe if the dog was raised and slaughtered as humanely as possible, I'd eat it, but that doesn't seem to happen anywhere in the world. I'm also guessing pig tastes better and they produce more meat. Also, I own a dog and value the companionship he provides, and I value the life of a dog over that of a pig. I consider my pupper a family member so I'm speaking from an obviously biased position here.

That image is sad

because dogs taste terrible apparently.

I'd imagine they taste like most game meat; low fat and fairly tough.

>not treating your food dog like a calf for veal
>intelligence
We don't breed dogs for that either. Dogs that are actually intelligent, instead of dog "intelligent" tend to be shit for training purposes because they get fucking bored too damn easily, they tend to care more about appeasing instead of getting results done, they get fucking bored too damn easily, dogs with higher intelligence tend to be more cat like in their attitude towards humans (euthanize that shit as soon as possible), they get fucking bored too damn easily.

you guys are fucking disgusting.

how many of you would actually eat a dog if it was served right in front of you?

There's more meat on pigs than dogs, and dogs do a better job of providing companionship and work than pigs do.

I'd eat YOU if I was hungry enough, user.

Quit being such a squeamish bitch.

In my current condition, I'd try it once as a novelty.

If I was a starving poor in China with nothing else? Everyday, without even a second thought.

You know what else you wouldn't do to our friends? You wouldn't breed them so they obtain a large size while cutting their lifespan by a half to two/thirds of what they would have had without your tampering. You wouldn't inbreed them with immediate family and starve them in order to obtain dogs that can better fit into purses, assuring them both high probability of genetic disorders and cutting their lifespan to 5 years, much of it spent diseased and starving. You wouldn't mass produce them in friend mills where their prospects are either being future rape stock, being malnourished until you obtain your quota for the next shipment to a chain friend store, or dying within a few days after which you recycle them to increase the protein content of the rest of the mill's feed. You wouldn't have them fight other people's friends to the death. You wouldn't dye them bizarre colors when they have no means of giving consent. You wouldn't feed them shitty "enriched", meat inspired flavored Corn Pops and two cups of weeks old kitchen grease of which you couldn't be bothered to properly dispose.

The only thing stopping me is my lack of friends.

>dog
>providing
>work
When's the last time you had dog till your farm? When's the last time you had a dog pull a 40+ pound cart a few miles per day? When's the last time you used your dog's shit for fertilizer or fuel.

sheep dogs are a thing, cunt. so are hunting dogs and bloodhounds.

pigs are useless.

dogs are alot more emotive than pigs

as least to me anyway

Truffles are a thing, poorfag.

Because times are good and there are no food shortages?

How many of you have the balls to kill an animal for food? I don't think I could go through with it, even if it was a fish.

>sheep dogs are a thing
Pig can do that too, I saw a documentary on it.

because the law is the will of the people and completely reliant on what people value and how highly. If habits changed and people would stop keeping pets, dogs would be on the menu. In germany horsemeat can still be bought easily, in vietnam its np eating dog since theres no real emotional bond

While he is wrong about pork, Jules makes a good point about Dogs.
youtube.com/watch?v=61g2-EVJ-mo

I have a muscly ass pit bull who fucks up my house and I think about eating him every day

>Had to slaughter a goat
>Was given a hammer to knock it down
>Was told to smack it in the forehead
>Smack it in the head hard and accurate
>It drops to one knee
>Gets back up and baaahs
>Hit it again
>It gets back up
>Again
>Gets up again
>Guys laughing
>Turns out goats have reinforced skulls
>Have to bleed it out

Yeah, if you're scared to kill an animal you shouldn't eat them. I can agree with that but really don't care too much. I keep chickens and it's very easy to cut their heads off.

fact. Every cat owner is either autistic or beta

Because pigs aren't domesticated, It's not complicated Mcahmud

You seem to not actually know the definition of domestication.

kill yourself veganfag

That's probably because chinese people love eating pig. Your family are the people you eat good meat with.

I eat pray, not predators, because the meat is significantly different and predator meat gives far less energy.

Ever wonder what happens to the cats and dogs we don't want but are too afraid to eat? They go to a rendering plant to be turned into animal feed and beauty products. Like it or not, you or the food you eat is probably consuming cats and dogs in some way or form.

Chinese people tend to eat dogs during the winter. People with pets (dogs and cats) left outside frequently get them stolen for food around that time of year, seriously. It's part of the whole hot/cold chinese traditional medicine thing, and dog meat being considered a "warm" food.

>cats and dogs mixed together

ffs China at least organize them into the proper bins.

You're correct, that was incorrect terminology

Pigs aren't generally kept as pets within our culture, is that better?

This is more nitpicking by someone else, but have you seen how many people get teacup and potbelly pigs as pets nowadays? On top of that, I know of a few people who lived on farms and had a pig or cow that they were very friendly with, who they eventually ate.