Al/ck/ thread #6billion

Share your thoughts and stories here.

Old OP here, AA didn't do much, tapering off is much more manageable for the time being.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uOa_GXNpuJk
youtube.com/watch?v=lwv7Utcf-gM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Who was she and why did she leave you?

You know exactly what I am talking about.

>What is your story? How much, how long, change it up, job, anything?

Been a fifth a day whiskey for 6 years.
Never anything but Canadian blended with coke zero cherry.

I own 17 convenience store/gas stations. Drink to kill my demons from teenage years. I'm 30 and still single.

About it for me, stable job, stable income, stable drinking problem. You guys?

hate to be the AA shill, but you have to go for more than a week for it to work.

who's got /vodka shits/ here?

Just took my 2nd dump of the day, and I think that was all of it this time. Feeling much better now.

I'm so fucking sick of being fat. I work a really physical job too, lifting up to 5-6 tons a day but while I've put on a ton of muscle I've lost way less fat than I hoped in 6 months on account of drinking at least two cases of beer a week.
Also sick of the paranoia of getting random breath tested on the way to work and finding out I still have alcohol in me from the night before. Shit gives me a panic attack unless I literally haven't drank anything in like 20 hours.
Gonna try jogging/working out a few days a week now that I've gotten used to my job and only drinking on my nights off after a certain time. I really want to go cold turkey for like a month and see how much weight I lose but last time I tried that I got about 5 hours sleep in 4 days and was agitated as fuck. Shit's a lot easier when you're unemployed and don't have to get up at set times.

give me a job bitch

how the fuck do you end up owning 17 stores at 30 ?

As impressive as it is, doesn't seem that farfetched. And I'm a NEET.

got a large bottle of Cointreau lads--what's good to make with it, other than sidecars, which I already know I love.

Also, what are some good drinks with Aperol?

>I own 17 convenience store/gas stations.
>30 y/o

How'd you pull that off in your 20s? Sounds lucrative.

Following my threads? Want to be my sponsor? Want to get into my fucked up head user?

Only 2 shits?? I take like 9 a day, ibs or something.

I'm sure you dorks hear this in every al/ck/ thread, but why don't you replace your expensive, life-shortening alcohol addiction with an equally expensive, annoying (but far less harmful) cannabis addiction?

You lift 30 thousand pounds a day? This thread is for honest alcoholics, not Veeky Forums fsgs.

I pay people to do work. Get gud fggt.

Come on down to an AZ store, we can drink all day and you will be paid

Starred working at 13, saved money till 19, bought my first store and it snowballs from there my friend. Some people catch all the breaks, sorry you hit a dead track.

Buy low in the 2006-2009 gas/retail market. You probably could have bought your local chain for 25-40 thousand and lived the moderately high life if you thought ahead.

I can buy liquor at the corner store, weed involves cartels hombre.

is it bad to get drunk on wine as opposed to liquor or beer?

start taking metamucil

it'll fix ya right up

why are you being so hostile?

you sent everyone over from the old thread and purposefully mentioned that you're the OP of both threads.

don't be an attention whore, if you can't handle it.
might as well be tripfagging at this point fagget.

beer is the healthiest poison

>Grad student
>Work a lot in the lab (I'm in microbiology/structural bio so I have a lot of weirdly timed stuff)
>No close friends since moving, no gf, etc.
>drink heavily on weekends to calm myself down

Aperol is good with seltzer or sprite if ur a lil bitch who can't take bitterness

I've got beer shits constantly but most of my non alcohol diet is fruit and vegetables which makes it extra bad cause /fiber/

How the fuck did you get 30 thousand pounds man? Even if I meant to say metric tonnes.
The average Veeky Forumsfag wouldn't last a day doing an actual job like that. Biggest load of fags on the internet.

maybe he meant with a forklift?

just open a bottle of jager, prolly gonna finish it in an hour or two

i tried taking a break, but only lasted a week

work is too hard

Underpayed and overworked, and i get bitched at even when i do everything right ahead of schedule and just want to sit down for the first time in 5 hours, i'm fat, i just want to sit damnit
really want to quit and go back to what i was doing before, but i'm afraid of looking for a new job and failing

He. And I had a mental breakdown at a job because of anxiety and depression caused by drinking, job stress, and not coping with such a shitty bitchy asshole.

That's not really physical then, unless you count climbing in and out of the forklift.
What I meant was how the hell did he arrive at 5-6 tons of any kind equaling 30,000 pounds.

why do i feel like i get way more fucked up on an empty stomach if food mitigating the effects of alcohol is a myth. is it all in my head. because before i even knew of it as a debated phenomena, when i first started drinking, it seemed to hold true. what does alcohol mean by this

>not claiming you have insomnia to get a medcard

Do it hombre

How can I learn to enjoy alcohol?

I'm a 27 year old male and have never really been able to stomach any good quantity of alcohol. Any dark beer I cannot tolerate and hard liquor makes me gag uncontrollably.
I can get piss drunk off of sugary cocktails but that's not really how I want to live my life.

Could a label sound more fucking pretentious? Holy shit.

just use a chaser and drink vodka or something
who gives a shit if it's the pussy way, you're drinking alone right?

My philosophy is there's no point if you don't drink till you forget who you are, it doesn't matter how you get the

It's suppose to, that's the joke, the title of the beer is "arrogant bastard"

Dk why, but Sierra Nevada looks ridiculously pretentious because nothing produced in America has labels that look like this.

if you dont like it dont drink it

I want to get drunk while avoiding calories.

Whats a good way to do it?

straight liquor

Gin. paleo-fag here.

vodka soaked tampon up the butt.

It's not arrogant bastard, It's punk IPA. I always had a soft spot for Brewdog's rants. I don't know if it's because they're from Scotland that it works. I don't know if it would work if they were American.

For maximum drunkenness and minimum calories vodka is the only right answer. It's ethanol plus water. If you want to go even lower ass shots is the only way.

wait "arrogant bastard" is supposed to be a joke?

>drink 12 beers a night about 3~4 times a week
>do it because it's "work related"
>right toe joint swells up, it's probably gout
>stop drinking for a week, still doesn't heal
>ibuprofen and ice seems to help, but walking is still a pain
>no health insurance so don't want to go to a doctor
>it's the hottest day, more to come this week
>having an ice cold cider after a week of non-drinking

pls heal I just want to resupply food and work out again

I've had gout scares before. For me it's usually metatarsalgia. I work on my feet all day so it takes a long fucking time to heal but for me it usually subsides in about a month or so. Until them I'm a limping wreck. But the worst part is when I go home and take my weight off it. It hurts so bad I can't sleep. So I drink a ton and take painkillers to hopefully pass out long enough that I don't hallucinate when I'm awake. And that can't be doing my body any good.

Soda water will add carbonation to get you drunk quicker without adding calories.

Switching from beer to spirits as I am starting to get fat. Last night was fun, but holy shit it really sneaks up on you as opposed to the progressive way beer does.

Ended up totally smashed sitting at my computer at 2am. Hangover wasn't too bad, same again tonight I think.

>be me
>just have 28th birthday
>own 12 phone stores, 6 gas stations, 53 convenience stores, 3 coney islands, 47 hot dog carts, 5 Safeways, a fleet of taxis, and 17 pawn shops
>drink a case of beer and 7 fifths of whiskey a day
>feels good man, though I think the beer might be making me fat, I'm 6'4" and weigh 131 lbs.
>

just smoke weed idiots lol

you must be 18 years or older to visit Veeky Forums

>mfw

Kek

DUDE WEED LMAO

thats a fat happy cat

Indeed mate

Wow you're a cheery lot. You're all the "way to into weed" stoner kids of drinking. Your sadness in no way makes your alcoholism any more bearable.

That is a lot of tax forms every year to worry about user.

Pastis is my favorite alcohol. Any non-french here tried it ? What did you thought about it?

Anyone get Hemorrhoids from drinking too much?

...Just me...Cool.

>He
S-s-so you're a girl ....?

I've had drinking related hemorrhoids from lots of beer and shitty pizza. gotta eat fiber and drink plenty of water otherwise it's a whole day of painful shits

>Anyone get Hemorrhoids
>Hemorrhoids

Im over 36 and have never had a drink in my life. Not even champagne or cider on New Years with family. Glad to see I've not missed much.

don't feed it

faggot

So does anyone here actually have fun drinking? I just went out with some friends to a local dive, had some beer, had a shot, sang some karaoke, and played some pool. Why does this thread seem to be specifically reserved for depressed people who use alcohol for a crutch?

Probably because depressed like to hear about other depressed people, I know that when I was depressed and an alcoholic reading about others who had it worse made me feel better.

7.30pm and still cant get out of bed, just been laying here squirming in pain and saying "someone help me" over and over since i woke at 5am and could sleep again, after drinking 2 bottles of vodka yest. i can't do this any more. laying here poisoned and in agony, trying not to have a panic attack remembering little segments of the last few weeks, and trying desperately to fight the urge to get hammered again to make the hangover gtfo. i need to just go through that shit for as long as it takes, to have a chance of being free. this is irl hell.

Man, I went out last weekend. Loads of fun. Drank Champagne (love Veuve Clicquot) with dinner, drank cocktails in the bar and finished the night drinking single malt whiskey until the early hours playing poker with friends in my hotel suite.
I like drinking but it's got to be a once in a while thing, you can't be doing it constantly. I lead a pretty busy life with my main focus being my career, my girlfriend and the gym. Drinking can be fun but there's more to life than just getting shitfaced.
Stay strong.

>Why does this thread seem to be specifically reserved for depressed people who use alcohol for a crutch?

It's the Alcoholic thread, not the alcohol thread.

Then shouldn't it be on /soc/ and not on Veeky Forums?

There is literally nothing with with Sierra Nevada's packaging.

>no bad cringey attempts humor, wit
>no attempts at free-spirited "rebelliousness" (ha ha people drink bad beer are u better than them? buy ours insted xDDD)
>packaging has priorities straight: company logo is the first thing you notice, then the beer's name/style, then the artwork, then all the fine print (ABV etc.) you might be bothered to squint for
>descriptions on the neck of the bottle are written more modestly than most; no claims as to being "the best" (even though they come damn close IMO)

I've had hemorrhoids since high school and I'm 26 now. Didn't drink at all in high school but starting drinking when I was 18 and only became a full blown 24/7 kind of guy in the past year and a half.
I'm 5'11'' and 148 pounds.

No. ck is the place for this and it always has been.

Ok you're shilling hard, we get it already.

I'm sorry that you feel intimidated when you get called out on using buzzwords incorrectly, user. I know you're just trying to fit in, but that's not what the word "pretentious" means.

We have the highest density of alcoholics here I would say.

I once drank six 100 proof nips in the course of an hour, put a casserole in the oven and passed out. I woke up to several firefighters, cops and EMTs wheeling me out of my smokey house. Worst part was my infant daughter was in her room asleep. I could have killed us both. Alcoholism is brutal as fuck. Four years later and I'm still not sober, although I don't binge out like I used to.

Ever consider detox? The load you up on benzos and provide you with resources. If it's coed, you might even get laid.

you can inhale alcohol. it seems to get most people drunk but does nothing for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=uOa_GXNpuJk

not sure if this guy is telling the truth

already been, and i've only 2 months ago kicked a benzo addiction. i'm just gonna not drink. 9pm and i still can't keep my eyes open let alone get out of bed. i can't take the agony of hangovers any more, it has to stop

I honestly hear you man. To me, there was nothing more helpless and depraved than a hangover while having a girlfriend and child depending on me.

unless i've got a load of valium, painkillers and a tonne of weed i can't take hangovers. i simply have to drink again, it's fucking unbearable otherwise. today for the first time in memory i've just toughed out the hangover. anxiety levels are astronomical and it's dawning on me that i soon need to be sober for the first time in years.

presumably everyone here has social anxiety to some extent. do you find that alcohol makes it worse? one day of drinking leaves me feeling sick and nervous for like 3-4 days, so i'm constantly terrorized by booze, it's crippling my whole life

Do you guys drink every day?

I drink 15-20 beers 4 days a week, how bad is it?

if i can't have a drink as soon as i wake, i flip the fuck out. the panic is too much, i typically drink to the point of passing out a couple of times a day.

I got so angry all the time from the anxiety of my OCD and OCPD, I drank because it killed the anxiety better than any pill.

She said she couldn't love someone who drank more than he ate.

Every day I wonder what could have been if I never found this curing poison.

hah! I know that feel. Beer shits and then if I dare to dance with a devil glass of milk in the morning I might as well cancel my plans till the evening because I'm gonna be hitting that bathroom every 45 mins

i am definitely an alki. Switched to beer several years ago to save my liver as I approached 30.

More times than I can count I have spent my last $20 on beer leaving 3 for gas just to make a round trip.
Hangovers aren't terribly bad I typically sleep with a jug of ice water next to my bed and wake up every hour for a chug.

I get fucked 3-4 times a week depending on money and time. Has the potential to destroy my life but not anytime soon. I reckon it will some day

i shifted from strongish cider to scotch when i turned 30, then to absurd amounts of vodka when i hit mid-late 30's. the hangovers are absolutely vicious the older i get, i've been on a detox ward once and heard older alchies dying around me day and night. addiction has savaged me, especially when coupled with my use of the hardest of hard drugs, i've seen just how destructive alcoholism becomes once it takes over.
would tell you to escape now, but you already know it. it didn't stop me, still doesn't, i'm just fucked.
this documentary is quite real.
youtube.com/watch?v=lwv7Utcf-gM

>alki

>tfw wake sober
holy shit. this is what life is supposed to be like

>4 hop milkshakes out of 6

when will the meme end

Inhale, injection or the classic butt chug. Be careful though, these methods bypass the liver's metabolism of the alcohol, so you'll have more alcohol than you'd normally would in your bloodstream. And you have no stomach for the ER to pump if things go wrong, you're basically fucked. Tread carefully

the only thing I want in my butt is dicks, sicko.

jesus man thats heavy.

and also highly irresponsible

how? what else do you do in your day to day life?