Keto?

What does Veeky Forums think about the ketogenic diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lost 10 kg on it. Could live on it easily if I could still drink beer.

It's literally just Atkins for people too hipster to call it Atkins.

It's not Atkins. It emphasizes more on fat and on moderating protein. Excess protein just gets turned into sugar in the liver.

I strictly drink gin and tonics so I should be good. I might try it out soon.

Tonic water has a lot of sugar

Fug. What to mix with?

I don't know. Give me a hint.

diet tonic water

delicious raw egg whites. At least it looks pretty, right Pinterest?

seltzer water

If you are trying to lose weight by changing your diet for a few months, you'll have bad chances for keeping your weight after that.
just eat less. you can't fool your body. you have to starve.
I always thought of it like an achievement.
"my stomach is making noises. fuck yeah I'm hungry. I'm losing weight RIGHT NOW!"

I don't have a problem with not eating. I'm 6'2 165. I heard this diet was healthier.

>I'm 6'2 165
I could whoop your ass sitting down.

A suicide method with an effectiveness somewhere between stabbing a half-sharpened kitchen knife into your stomach and jumping off the fourth floor onto sandy ground on a Sunday. There's a good chance you'll die quickly but if you don't it won't be pretty

Tonic has higher sugar than a soda

Use seltzer water. Basically the same thing

I've been doing keto for the better part of a year. It's working great. I started out a little chubby, but now I'm pretty lean and fit. As I approach 40 I have the physique of a 20-something while 75% of the other men my age are starting to look horrible with beach ball guts and wheezing on stairs. I'm still losing fat. It's slowing down, but that's to be expected. I don't count calories. I just eat when I'm hungry. Seems pretty fucking healthy to me so far.

M E M E

D
I
E
T
S

Barbarian.

No I am not and I apologize for the insult. But got dang, you are skinny.

Not me

It's cool. Size wasn't even my thing but I had great speed in sports.

just cut out the autistic no carbs crap and follow the Mediterranean diet

gin and lime juice with seltzer is god tier senpai

Thanks for the info my friend.

Justification for eating shitty food.

>6'2" 165 is skinny
us americans have a problem.

I think its dumb, but not because of how it works. I dont think its healthy to do for a longtime, but long-term eating habits are what keep people in the shape they are. If you quit putting your body through ketosis, youll have to replace your diet with something you should have used all along.

What's a healthy diet then senpai?

just avoid overly processed foods, eat in moderation

There is no such thing as healthy or unhealthy. I've been eating McDonalds every day 3 meals a day for 23 years and I feel fine

OMG THIS

Calories in = Calories out, it's called science, bitches

STEM reporting in!

>le calorie counting meme
intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/

>eggs burnt on the edge and raw in the middle

yum.

>le calories get pissed out meme
>le atkins meme in the current year

Removing carbs the most efficient calorie source replacing part of it with more meat and fats to be full. 1st world diet.

keto is short for ketonic, the diet is a form of starvation. It's great for losing weight if your a fat but you shouldn't stay on it for health reasons because it very much is not healthy.

You suck at diets

this is a good meme

I bet you're a fat fuck.

Rebranded Atkins for people who read books about "the truth that doctors don't want you to know".
I once was reading a keto website, and someone made this big post about how they know so much more about cholesterol than their doctor, to the point where he was talking down to the poor bastard when the doctor told him that his serum cholesterol levels were dangerously unhealthy.
Those are the people who do Keto.

if it's good gin you can just drink it with a spritz of lime/lemon juice

Leopold Brothers is god-tier, only really see it in the midwest though

It's been proven scientifically that cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease. There are plenty of brainfarts in medicine like cupping, leeches, thalidomide, lobotomy along with low-fat diets and a fear of saturated fat and cholesterol.

it's pretty common knowledge that saturated fats aren't a big deal. It's trans fats that are incredibly unhealthy.

>non vegans think they'll ever make it

Correlation = causation, I always knew pixelated JPGs on Veeky Forums would be a better source of information on nutrition than literally every scientific, health and government body on the planet.

I'll forward the JPG to the WHO so they can revise their recommendations. Thanks!

I've never heard of it, but steak and eggs look good.

diet tonic/diet bitterlemon/fanta zero + gin

I lost 10 kilos with keto this way. moved me out of overweight.

Everything in your post is false. Decent tonic water has less sugar than other sodas. Seltzer water is also nothing like tonic water, apart from having bubbles.

It does however have too much sugar for keto.

They already know. They already are. Bureaucracies are just very slow.

>b-but i need to eat 4 big macs and drink 2 chocolate shakes every meal or else i'm starving 5 minutes later

kill yourself, ape

>he doesn't understand that a fried egg is supposed to be fried

you just reveal your own ignorance and lack of any experience when you do this

>trans fats

#trigger'd, check ur privilege shitlord

it's not particularly better than just cutting calories but whatever suits you i guess

My husband and I are on that, and we both feel so much better than we have in years. Don't plan to ever go back save maybe a splurge day on a special occasion. Even then steak and lobster is just fine mmm.

Please refrain from mentioning your sex and/or gender while visiting Veeky Forums. Although you may not be aware of this (although I think you are), many people posting on Veeky Forums are not in an intimate relationship.

Therefore, referring to your femininity can be highly offensive to others, as they visit Veeky Forums to have fun and intellectual discourse, not to be reminded of their shortcomings (as perceived by society).

I hope you remember this in the future and refrain from using any key words that can be used as gender identifiers. It really is not that much to ask and will prevent threads from degenerating into flame/troll disasters.

Some of us also choose to be single and our virginity is not a badge of shame. The inherent superficial and highly opportunistic behavior of women is not attractive to every male, and therefore we do not have to be constantly reminded of your kind while on Veeky Forums. It is not necessary and can be considered, "attention whoring" (a very just term).

Thank you very much,

- Veeky Forums

But he didn't mention his sex.

I love keto. I typically eat keto 6/7 days of the week. Feel much better when I can manage to eat low carb.

>he thinks a homosexual man would offer such a bland and uninteresting post

bitch please

Duly noted, won't happen again.

Geez. I would need to eat at least 5 of those plates to get full.

Ketogenic/ketosis
i'm 160lbs and am literally starving all the time with 1800kcal/day

too expensive

a filling meal for you is 10 eggs, 15 pieces of meat and 5 avocados?

Fatass

Plenty of studies have already confirmed that it destroys your body long term and as long as it remains popular, more studies will keep popping up proving the same things.

If you want a meat centric diet, paleo is similar and makes much more sense than keto. Paleo will fuck you up long term too but not nearly as badly.

Fucking beat me to it user!
Have you had Hendricks Gin? It's quite lovely

How does it destroy your body?

butt cancer

lie from tard

You won't necessarily keel over and die from hardened/narrowed arteries and heart attacks etc with keto, as long as you're expending as close to 100% of your daily caloric intake. Surplus fat is much more dangerous when your diet is basically all fat already. Regardless though, enjoy your sludge blood(no joke), enjoy your blood pressure, enjoy having sub-optimal energy.

At least make sure that you have plenty of polyphenol rich food/drink with your plates of lard and bacon.

>enjoy your sludge blood(no joke), enjoy your blood pressure, enjoy having sub-optimal energy.

I feel more healthy than I ever have and I have so much energy. I only chose to do it because I realised carbs were in everything and wanted to see how I went without them.

Also you don't eat lard and bacon, it's more like enjoy your plates of avocados covered in MCT oil with some pieces of steak and a bit of green stuff. That or eggs, mushrooms and salmon. You even have nut flour based baked goods with some ultra dark chocolate.

Honestly the weirdest part of being on this diet is that you realise sugar is in way too many things and tastes like shit.

You can get peanut butter for like $2.50/kg

That's around a dollar to hit 2500 daily calories easily. Just pick dandelion leaves or some shit for your leafy greens.

>Lard-ass rages at people who successfully lose weight

I'm not doing ketosis at the moment, but I have been seriously cutting carbs out of my diet.

I went to In N Out the other day (which is great for keto), but I actually got ketchup to go with it. I couldn't eat it! Just a tiny bit ruined those bites that I put it on. Super sweet sugar syrup. No thank you!

only if you get shit tonic water.
You can get ones that are literally just quinine + water + carbonation.

Hardened and plaque covered arteries don't come from eating high fat and cholesterol foods.
It's not like pipes and someone is pouring lard into them. For atherosclerosis you need to have inflammation(cause by siple sugars, omega 6s for example) that causes white blood cells and cholesterol to go to sites in the epithelial lining.

why do most people fry the shit out of their eggs? the texture of the whites should be light and firm, they get rubbery when overcooked.

eating all pb for your cal is too many carbs

Are you an epileptic?

Just don't diet. There is no specific diet plan that is better than another. What a lot of these diets seem to miss is the fact that human beings need specifics nutrients daily in order to live. It's about variety of nutrient sources, maintaining a moderate amount of activity, and having some control over the amount of calories you take in.

dumb nigger

>specific nutrients
NICE TRY FDA NOW FUCK OFF AND STOP PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WHEAT

>nicotinic acid is essential for human survival

Fuck you. They are married. You are out of line not her.

kill yourself. please.