Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sH4bi60alZU
newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-mistrust-of-science
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A necessary evil.

Food production is incapable of keeping up with population growth. Modern medicine and society has led to exponential growth in population. The amount of land on this planet is finite. This means that there needs to be advancements made to increase crop yield.

couldnt give less of a fuck desu

I wonder if I make a 'gofundme' saying I'll buy monsanto will all the hipsters and earth conscious people donate?

Bitching about GMOs obscures the real issue of Monsanto's shitty business practices. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the people behind the anti-GMO movement are Monsanto agents.

We're still dumping more food than we eat. Population growth by birth does not occur in the first world.

Most food goes to waste
Most agricultural land goes to raising either animals, or animal feed
Monsanto exists to abuse technology to guarantee itself a vise grip on selected markets
All their propaganda about feeding people is nonsense
Maybe in 100 years after the fossil fuel industry's damage to the biosphere has rendered all current arable land useless, we'll need to use transgenic tech to ensure survival
Let's all hope that by then, Monsanto will be gone

it's very easy to identify retards just by looking for people who complain about monsanto

Shill harder, shill

One of my parent's friends used to work there and gave me a tour. It was pretty chill. They had corn growing on their roof.

> Implying the world population should grow
> Implying anything more than 3 billion people is good for planet earth
> 2016 and still implying

Misunderstood.

I don't have a high opinion of farmers in general.
Quite frankly, I'm convinced that the majority of them are bitter over the fact that "dem atheist sciency types" managed to beat them at their own game, and that most (if not all) of the lawsuits are farces.

Reading into the court cases, it becomes very clear that most of these guys are religious assholes on a righteous bent to keep man out of God's holy domain of life. It is not often I use the term "flyovers" without irony, but they are flyovers in the truest sense.

He's right. I tried dating a girl that thought Monsanto was out to get everyone and was slowly poisoning food, so she refused to go out to eat. I hung out with her twice.

they've been ok the last month or two, stock wise.

I wouldn't buy them since they're too controversial, but I wouldn't regret it that much now, if I bought them in march or mid-late feb.

I avoid these well known companies.

The biggest reason Monsanto is such a big issue is because they have created one of the most genuinely innovative inventions in the past century, if not the past millennium.

Our patent system, quite frankly, is not designed to deal with or accommodate inventions capable of self-replication and this is no fault of Monsanto. Their monopoly on the market stems entirely from the fact that the competition is trying too hard to emulate their success instead of synthesizing new proteins.

Overly demonized. All that stuff about them suing farmers is kind of over criticized, they did it rightfully and didn't "oversue". GMOs in general aren't very harmful anyway.

we're approaching 7.5 billion and expected to top out at 10 billion without any intervention, right?

considering the number of curry threads posted here, in additon to numerous other reasons, I would expect a genocide of some form in the coming decade or two. not as prominent as hitler or rwanada, but they have to go, or at least knock it off.

even a genocide by hitler is a drop in the bucket.

6 million jews were killed. that's .06% of 1bn. we need a nuclear war.

Nuclear war is the last thing we need.

Deadly virus would be much better. All the destruction minus the environmental hazards.
Also, this shit is seriously why the US needs to build a wall.

>thoughts about Monsanto
None because I'm neither a farmer, nor a paranoid hippie with a poor understanding of diet.

why would you want things to survive beyond humanity?

if we die, they've been dead for weeks. that's the way it should be.

1+ billion indians (shitskin kind) isn't a drop in the bucket. it's an advancement for the environment, in additon to an andvancement for mankind.

it's one medium step for man, one medium step for mankind. imagine the histsorical sginificance of that.

they have to go.

Genocide would be pretty easy if you had de facto control of food supply.

What the fuck are you smoking?

I'm trying my damndest to make sense of your post and completely failing.

Much like with nuclear power, it's the only way forward.

An evil that needs to fucking die no matter what cucks sucking their dick and shilling for them say. GMOs would be fucking over sexed desirable nymphos of agricutlure if it weren't for these money grubbing asslards that sue the shit out of people and give GMOs a bad rep.

>all the destruction minus the environmental hazards

I think he was responding to that.

The main reason GMOs should be public domain.

So you agree the fundamental problem here is with the government (patent laws) and not Monsanto. I'm glad we agree.

His post still doesn't make a lick of sense.

With my comments about walls, I was clearly implying that I don't want or intend for humanity to end in the first place.

His question of:
>why would you want things to survive beyond humanity?
basically addresses things I've not really mentioned to begin with.

This company will eventually bring the end for the human race. First there may be more food for us, but at what cost? Insects dying by billions (the disappearance of the bees is only a side effect) and so the whole fauna is affected by them. They have to be stopped. The growth of human population has to slow down for the sake of this planet.

I don't know you fucking dumbass, why would they believe you don't want humanity dead when you are suggesting killing off people you don't like (with all the emotional development I'd expect of a brain damaged cave man) using a weapon that is A: known to mutate to attack different targets and B: we can't cure.

Some might get the impression that you intend for the total destruction of humanity.

>slow down
>not reverse
GMOs are great, and so is super extreme crop production. Imagine how much less farmland we'll have to use when we scale back? Monsato needs to go for the sake of the environment and for agriculture as a whole. Public domain GMOs. that's like the greatest holy grail we'll never get to have.

>monsato
>constantly lobbying and has their dick deep into the government which makes patent laws.
this is like saying we have to blame the government and not Disney for every year they add onto public domain to retain ownership of mickey mouse.

>Most agricultural land goes to raising either animals, or animal feed
So you are saying we have to eat GMOs or give up meat
Yeah, thats a pretty fucking easy decisions considering meat is delicious and there is literally nothing wrong with GMOs

um, that is very clearly a problem with the government

The stronger and larger a government becomes the more corrupt it becomes, you cannot blame companies for lobbying when they have to lobby to not get blown the fuck out by the government. Lawmakers designed the system to work this way because the didn't like capitalism

Not really, there is a middle ground, but fat fucks who can't figure out how to cook good food without BACON BACON BACON wouldn't know it

Most westerners eat far too much meat for good health. Luckily health authorities are beginning to revise their stone-age concepts of nutrition on something other than calories. Obesity is now, rightly, starting to be seen as a form of malnutrition, from people like you who experience constant, insatiable hunger because you're not getting enough vitamins from your diet of twinkies and mcburgers

>Public domain GMOs
The system is so overregulated that it costs way too much to create and test GMOs for people to create them just for charity. Luckily as technology advances creating GMOs becomes much cheap but the cost of bringing them to market and all the research that is required alone is prohibitive

The sheer force of Monsanto-shill samefagging this thread and trying to be subtle about it is really amusing.

>it's necessary guys! (while the rich earth we are on is more than capable of providing for ten times the current population by using not even the 1/10th of the earth's workable soil)
>I don't care, you shouldn't care either guys!
>You are a hipster if you don't like eating cancer itself, or don't support Satan: The Company
>You are a retard if you don't like eating cancer itself, or don't support Satan: The Company

Golden arguments friend, keep them up.

>Most westerners eat far too much meat for good health.
Yeah, we are doing ok. Who wants to not eat good things for an extra month or two on your life?

lol at this idea that people who regard science above internet conspiracy theories are shills

I find it funny that anto-Monsanto crowd attacks only them while jews are controlling almost all major food companies.

Isn't it great when you can call out "IT'S SCIENCE MAN!" whenever you have no argument and your bullshit gets exposed?

No need to look into where the "research" comes from, nor is there any need to look into the truthfulness or the accuracy of the claimed research or data, nor is there any need to look into who the researchers and "scientists" are and by whom they are being funded and sustained by.

It's just science, bro. You are not a scientist, you wouldn't understand. It's science, and you are a lunatic dumb retard if you decide to look into the matter yourself.

> not eat good things
See and that's why you're unhealthy. You consider "good" to be synonymous with twinkies and mcburgers, it's simply beyond the realm of plausibility that there could be a way of eating that is not only very delicious but also wholesome and capable of meeting all of your body's needs without stumbling out of bed at 3 AM groping for a box of moon pies

But it's not your fault, the only vegetables you've ever seen were in a McDonalds salad, and no living being could look at that and think it's appealing. It's unsurprising that you should panic at the thought of eating a vegetable, let alone actually experience the alien sensation of wanting to eat a vegetable.

So to you, a vegetable represents one less mcburger you can shove down your moist feeding hole in a desperate effort to chase away your body's blind desperation for something, anything that provides a full suite of micro and macro nutrients necessary for survival. This will continue for another 15 years or so until your physician forces you to adopt a "healthy" diet and you become one of those stereotypes, preaching shrilly about raw kale and quinoa, thereby further reinforcing (to your peers) that anything less than 3 happy meals a day is some kind of terrifying mental disorder associated with hospital visits.

Loving the lightning-fast respond times with your scripted answers to defend your satanic company, they can't pay you enough.

>No need to look into where the "research" comes from,
It comes from everywhere. There are all sorts of institutes with all sorts of agenda and they all come to the exact same conclusion

You can't just ignore research because ti doesn't match your religious worldview. Especially when there is literally no evidence to support your point. You pseudo science people are the fucking worst

I consider many forms of meat to be good
I think its fucking stupid to suggest we stop eating meat or dramatically reduce it so we can devote more land to outdated farming practices rather than embracing completely safe and beneficial GMOs

Also, what the fuck do twinkies have to do with anything I said?

>his argument for being disease ridden and/or being obese his whole life and losing "an extra month or two" is justified by eating "good things"

Oh man.

Yeah, GMOs, Vaccines, Monsanto, Gluten and MSG are evil, fuck science Monsanto pays off every university in the country and literally owns the government so no science can ever be trusted. Instead trust my completely unsourced internet assertions that something is magically harmful despite the fact that it is impossible to produce any evidence for it

Dude, plenty of people eat meat without being obese and 'disease ridden'

Could you please back up your claim with proof friend?

>inb4 he links to a few articles with all caps titles telling you GMO is fine because a random scientist has said so, with no other data besides the random name of the random scientist

They simply can't pay you enough, great job shilling friend.

>if I can't have McGangbangs 3 meals a day, I have to go FULL VEGAN
There you go again, hammy mchamplanet

But then again this is the fast food and no cooking board, what else would we expect

If you only meant meat, my apologies. I thought you were defending fast food and the American obese culture.

They're one and the same, to that person

>(with all the emotional development I'd expect of a brain damaged cave man)
I'm going to lay things out as simply for you as possible so that you can understand the situation like an adult instead of behaving like a sassy child. Because it's time that you grow up from your "progressive" ideologies and realize there are more dangerous forces at work than hurt feelings.

Because of over use of antibiotics combined with rampant unchecked population growth, humanity is long due for a superbug (engineered or otherwise) destined to wipe out a large portion of humanity. The vast majority of the world is ill-equipped to combat this due to overpopulation and a complete and total inability to educate their population. The regions most susceptible to this are South America, Africa, and to a heavy extent Asia.

It's not a matter of "if" it will happen. It's a matter of "when".
And like it or not, one of the best (if not THE best) options is to control the "when" by creating the bug itself. This provides the advantage of knowing most of the ins and outs of the pathogen along with how to cure it.

It's the difference between a forest fire and a wildfire. Take your pick.

>Claiming shit when there is no data before 1200ish

>I thought you were defending fast food and the American obese culture.
I literally never mentioned anything about that.

My whole point was that it was ridiculous to argue for reducing the land we devote to livestock as a way to avoid embracing GMOs when GMO technology is completely safe and meat tastes good

Oh, turns out you are the NWO shill, which is even worse.

You are most likely obese as well. I hope you repent while there's still hope for you.

>What is statistical analysis

There is a very strong scientific consensus

Acting like its one or two obscure scientists is pretty disingenuous on your part

Here is ten minutes of cited data for you
youtube.com/watch?v=sH4bi60alZU

I don't even know what you are talking about

All negative.
GMO corn literally destroyed my ass a couple days ago.
How do you shit corn for 3 days after eating 2 cobs? Corn is whack.

>climate change
>space programs
>SPACE STATIONS
>MMR vaccines with mercury in them are required *86 percent*
>evolution
>pesticides (literal poison) are fine

This is just golden.

>>pesticides (literal poison) are fine
Do you know what a surface protein is?

But my good friend, did you know EIGHTY EIGHT PERCENT of SCIENTISTS say that, it's OK?

You are not a lunatic, are you? You are not against, SCIENCE, are you? Or else, you might need to take your pills.

It's completely fine if you lose your natural bowel functions after eating 2 corn cobs, if you claim otherwise you go against SCIENCE, and you might have to be taken into a hospital.

Dude, didn't you see that infographic image, telling you %88 percent of scientists (with zero info about who the scientists are, or how they are funded, or from which pool they are selected, or what their fields are) say that you are safe? You better enjoy shitting for days after eating a single meal for the rest of your life in the future, because SCIENCE (you wouldn't understand) says that's totally okay.

seriously guys listen to this video

>How do you shit corn for 3 days after eating 2 cobs?
That's dumb.

I can't think of any possible reason why GMO corn wouldn't go through your system any differently than normal corn.

The problem is you.

You are the problem if you eat our specifically designed poison and get damaged by it. Better keep eating our safe(tm) GMO vegetables and meat to keep yourself healthier friend.

its just like the women who sees her friend's daughter start showing autism symptoms a few months after getting a vaccine and assumes they are correlated. Mommy 'science' is the worst

You're really shitty at samefagging.

I have colic too but that corn destroyed me. I should have taken toilet pics for you, what a mess.
They can say it's safe but I still prefer not to eat food grown by a chemical company that has unleashed such horror on the world as this one.

The problem is YOU. YOU need to get VACCINATED, as SOON as POSSIBLE to keep YOUR HEALTH.

STOP being the PROBLEM.

And you are great at shilling, they simply can't pay you enough.

Repent while there's still time.

You're schizophreanic, and I'm not going to accept your untested anecdotes over empirical evidence.

ROFL, obviously those posts are mine but oh wow, did you just screencap the posts that are supposed to be mine, shop (you)'s near them when the (you)'s should only be visible to the poster themselves? You're slipping hard buddy.

>you are a lunatic
>empirical evidence (zero provided evidence, let alone empirical)

Great scripted arguments friend, they simply can't pay you enough.

Repent while there's time.

I was. Literally every vaccine.
Now I have autism, lupus, porphyria, colic and a 2/2/3 heart rhythm.

Life is an absolute nightmare. None of these conditions developed until age 22.

Stop feeding the obvious troll, you retards.

Yeah buddy, monsanto is great, I don't know what everyone is talking about. They are the best company out there.

GMOs are healthy, healthier than natural food. So what if there upwards of %60 of more likelyhood of developing cancer and dying a horrible death by eating monsanto foods? I don't care, you are a retarded lunatic if you care.

>than natural food
The fuck is 'natural' food. Any crop or livestock we eat is pretty fucking unnatural. Unless you are a hunter gatherer its unlikely you consume natural food

>did you just screencap the posts that are supposed to be mine, shop (you)'s near them when the (you)'s should only be visible to the poster themselves?
People actually do this?

I just edited the HTML.
How illiterate are you?

I feed my kids nothing but monsanto, thankfully it's the most healthy food we can get, and it's cheap too! I really need some healthy food for them since both my son and my daughter have mild autism, but thankfully it didn't escalte into something more because I did all 42 of their vaccines on time.

My daughter has trouble breathing (doctors can't tell why), and my little son has a type of stomach cancer, but thankfully I have monsanto to keep them healthy as always.

>knowledge about coding equals being illiterate

Also thanks for admitting to being a shill, they simply can't pay you enough.

It's not a troll.

It's a schizo conspiratard from a flyover state.
These shitters show up all the time. This one's defense mechanism happens to be "I know people are going to question my sanity in advance, therefore I am sane! Take that!"

Yeah man, those lunatics doing their own research and stuff when there's science and infographics to look at. They should just be quiet and eat their GMOs.

>Literacy
>competence or knowledge in a specified area.
You know, I was simply accusing you of technological illiteracy.

But now I see that you're illiterate in the colloquial sense as well.

Because surely, when you say illiterate, it does signify the illiteracy of the coding branch of technology. Your argument was to point out that I belong to the "coding branch of technology illiterate", which happens to cover about almost everyone within the world population.

My apologies, I simply cannot match your intelligence, please forgive my illiteracy.

I'm not accusing you of being schizo because you question science.

I'm accusing you of being schizo because you're posting like an obsessive spaz trying to dominate the conversation, which is a tell-tale sign.

The fact that you're a flyover conspiritard just adds further to the evidence.

>My apologies, I simply cannot match your intelligence, please forgive my illiteracy.
Apology accepted.

Nice buzzwords and personal attacks brother, really does help when you have no argument. I'm sure if you spew further buzzwords it will be "further to the evidence".

Most of the anti-GMO conspiracy theorists are coastie as fuck, don't put that evil on us flyovers

Nice samefag friend. I hope you bring up another screencap.

What would we do without Monsanto?

The only real buzzword I used was "flyover".

Based on your posting style alone, though, your status as an obsessive conspirispaz is objective.

Not him, but I made this for you anyway.

>all these monsanto shills in this thread

To all the blatant shills (or the single samefag) in this thread, I hope you repent while there's still time.

You don't have to work for a "creative marketing" company, you don't have to defend satanic companies spreading cancer, lies, death and suffering for a living. I know they pay you "well enough", but it's not worth your soul.

Repent while there's time.

>jesus christ
>white

Not even taking into consideration food waste, about 40% of global crops grown go to feed animals, and in the U.S. it's more like 50-60%. Genetic modification isn't "necessary," it's only necessary to feed amerifats meat 3 times a day

What a fucking silly argument.
>We should adopt this safe and wildly beneficial technology because instead we can make huge fucking sacrifices in other parts of our lives

There is literally zero reason not to embrace GMOs, the fact that they are not the only possible solution to our problem doesn't outweigh the fact that it is by far the best solution

Every natural food lobbyist should read this newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-mistrust-of-science