Mfw there are never any nice goddamn lagers in any bar ever but there are literally twenty kinds of oatmeal coffee...

>mfw there are never any nice goddamn lagers in any bar ever but there are literally twenty kinds of oatmeal coffee stouts, super-hoppy IPAs and maybe a mead made in Vermont that nobody except fedora dorks and yuppies order

Why don't people brew nice lagers? Lager is infinitely more palatable than an IPA

Other urls found in this thread:

ratebeer.com/beer/master-tmavy-18o/72653/
ratebeer.com/beer/herold-268erny-lezak-bohemian-black-lager-13o/10941/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>classic image.png

Porter > stout > lager > IPA in my experience. Why bother with a lager unless you've tried every other porter or stout on the menu?

Also, I've never had mead, but isn't it kind of grouped up with wines typically? Is its BAC similar to that of a standard beer (5-8%)?

Boston Lager is available at a lot of bars. At least it is here in Texas.

>he doesn't like stouts

Fuggin pleb taste lads

bac refers to the blood alcohol content in your blood stream once alcohol has been consumed, the average mead has an abv (alcohol by volume) of about 20-30%

Stop going to bars in hipster coastie cities. In flyoverland all you have are shitty watery lagers.

whoops

That abv sounds like wine to me. Would be weird to find on a beer menu.

that's because mead is more akin to the process of fermenting wine then it is to brewing beer, cheers mate

this desu senpai.

This shit right here is fucking wonderful.

>Why do people want to serve high quality craft beers? My babby mouth can't handle anything but generic lagers and anybody who disagrees is

Left Hand's nitrous stouts (any nitrous beer, truthfully) make me uncomfortable. Gotta try that, though.

Toppest tier stout coming through

>drinking beer at all
it's shit swill, get a real drink

>ITT no one knows difference between lagers and ales, top or bottom fermentation, or beer/ale type.

There is a brewery 5 miles from me that markets itself as a lager brewery. They have delicious lagers, especially one that has honey in it, but somehow isn't sweet.

This place does have stouts and ales as well.

I think what OP wants and can't voice is a session beer. Like a lager, pilsner, sour, pale ale, American Dark, etc. Drinkable over a long period of time over a warm day. You can drink all day and not be utterly wrecked by nightfall, and the taste isn't so full that you feel bloated.

Drink a Pilsner bro

If there aren't any nice lagers, why do you consider lagers nice?

Breh if you knew how to ferment cum you'd be drunk 24/7

Muh nigga. Sam Smith's strawberry ale is fucking amazeballs. Cherry is also good.

I don't want shitty piss lagers dude work on that reading comprehension

>move to flyover land where you can get 5 different variations of coors light on tap, and actual coors light in a can

Because bud, coors, miller and busch have all been made already. Other companies make real beers.

Do either of these companies make real drinks?

Stop going to gay bars

The actual reason is pretty simple. Lagers are harder to make, they require tighter temperature control etc. If you're a small brewery something like a heavily hopped IPA has a greater margin of error and a longer shelf life.

Yeah as long as you're drinking the "heavy" versions. None of those beers are really all that bad contrary to popular opinion, they're just kind of basic bitch. Also they're pilsners I think but whatever.

This, plus fedorable neckbeards who think a beer under 11% ABV is "pisswater" and they need to prove they're definitely no pleb

That feel when you actually enjoy pale lagers like corona, yet hipster fags make fun of you

I love IPA but you still ask a great question. I live in Seattle which has a fucking A+ beer scene but I think old school lagers are just not hip enough around here. Which is really dumb and gay.

you drink stouts with your wings, senpai? the fuck?

Fuck em, dawg.

Lagers exist to cut corners

Why do you say that senpai?

Because it's true?

I don't suppose you'd care to be any more specific than that?

He can't, bro, he doesn't know why he made the claim himself. What a retard.

This shits cash right here.

Waayy to watery, senpai-san.

This is better:
ratebeer.com/beer/master-tmavy-18o/72653/

or this:

ratebeer.com/beer/herold-268erny-lezak-bohemian-black-lager-13o/10941/

IPA has been the "it" beer for a good while now and that'll probably continue.
Sour beers are having a slight renaissance here(northern california) that I am sure will spread to at least the pacific northwest.

It wont bee long before lagers come back into popularity user, im with you

Lagers are sold for high prices despite having insignificant amounts of alcohol. You are basically paying craft beer prices for pisswater. If that makes you feel edgy and contrarian great, because it's certainly not going to make you feel much else, except maybe lighter in the wallet area

some people choose their beers based on flavour user

And others, like lager drinkers, choose it because they can't handle flavor

He doesn't want a shitty watery lager you dumbass.

>Sam Smith's strawberry ale is fucking amazeballs

Is this the most reddit sentence uttered on Veeky Forums ever?

yah, I really hate nerds too

>Why don't people brew nice lagers?

Because brewing a decent lager takes more time and requires a more subtle approach than brewing ales, darks, or IPA's.

>Lager is infinitely more palatable than an IPA

That's because most IPA's are nothing but over-hopped garbage because morons think that's the way they're supposed to taste.

A good lager is a clean, crisp brew of malty sweetness balanced with just enough subtle bitterness and aroma from hops to not make anything over-powering. You're not going to find that from most commercial brews, though, because they use adjuncts and pretty much kill anything that might even resemble actual malt flavors.

Aside from that one faggot that makes "redpill me on X" threads - yes

Sentences of the form "{superlative} {noun} ever" are pretty reddit, desu senpai