What is the secret to good buscuits?

What is the secret to good buscuits?

I'm talking Hardees-tier biscuits.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2015/08/the-food-lab-super-flaky-buttermilk-biscuits-excerpt.html
traceysculinaryadventures.com/2012/06/mile-high-buttermilk-biscuits.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

butter in the dough

semen in the dough

that's it?
recipe I have calls for 1/2 butter 1/2 shortening in the dough

what kind of flour are you using?

all-purpose, but adding salt, baking powder and soda.

I also have self-rising if I just need to go that route.

Mine are pretty damn good, but not perfect. I want them to be perfect.

Try adding a dollop of sour cream. It improves the flavor and the acid really helps the baking powder go to work on making it fluffy.

Butter is always the cheat. Add as much as the dough can take to wow customers, but limit the fat intake in your own diet.

Sugar is another cheat. Easy on the salt, but go nuts on the sugar. Unless you're cooking for your own family, or have given up altogether.

Keep your oven on medium low heat and add a lot of steam, a whole tray of hot water under the biscuits isn't overkill.

I like them with half cornmeal, half wheat.

Wow, really great ideas, thanks!

These are for the family tomorrow morning, so I'll have so save the health destruction for the next time we have guests over, hahaha.

I'm going to try the sour cream and steam element, though--sounds like an interesting twist.

Mate I'll put a dollop o salty cream in yer mums gooch, then gib 'er a good ole wollop cross her arse

all-purpose has too much protein. you want soft biscuit flower. If you can't get it, 3:1 AP to cake flour is a decent substitute.

Sour cream is worthless ingredient.

No flavor. Tons of fat.

Hardee's biscuits are fucking disgusting? They're salty and hard, why the FUCK would you want to make biscuits like that? Fuck shit......
Look up Angel Biscuits. Or even better, Angel Biscuits made with yeast if you really want god-tier biscuits.

>No flavor. Tons of fat
Just like ya mum lol

opinion discarded

It's all about the consistency of your dough.

Good biscuits are a lot like a good pastry dough in that you've got to make sure your butter is distributed throughout your dough, and that you don't over mix the dough.

IDGAF, if you like Hardee's biscuits, you have shit tier taste. Even Chik-Fil-A biscuits are better, and that's not saying much either. Fuck Hardee's.

>eats sugar yeast biscuits

>implying Bojangle's doesn't have the best biscuits

It's the flour.

No, really.

You want kick ass, Southern ass, giant fucking cathead biscuits? You need a specific flour. The brand is called White Lily, and it's made from a very specific variety of wheat. But not just any old White Lily flour, no sir. You want the self rising flour. It already contains all the required leavening ingredients to make the perfect biscuit; all you need to add is buttermilk and butter.

The only other tip I can give you is only knead the dough until it comes together. The perfect biscuit dough should stick to your fingers like you've shoved your hands into a vat of cake frosting. After that, scrape your hands clean, flour your counter and pin, and roll it out. By the time you've got it to an even thickness, it'll be perfectly incorporated.

I can taste it, actually, and I've lost a lot of taste buds. It's very sweet. There's a reason why you can replace it with Greek yogurt.

seriouseats.com/2015/08/the-food-lab-super-flaky-buttermilk-biscuits-excerpt.html

in the kitchen i work at, we make some pretty grate biscuits. here it be in all grams

556 cake flour
556 hk flour
103 sugar
13 salt
75 baking powder
400 butter
937 buttermilk

grate butter, freeze it.
mix dry together.
add frozen/cold butter to dry mix it til small marbles form, don't over mix.
add buttermilk incorporate well don't over knead.

make sure you're layering and folding

need be lay a biscuit wash over.
mix honey and buttermilk 1:4 ratio.

cook at 325 for 20. Turn at 10.

HK = Harvest King Flour.

Finally someons agrees that chic fila biscuits are shit. They are so sweet its just un natural

>grate butter, freeze it.
>mix dry together.
>add frozen/cold butter to dry mix it til small marbles form, don't over mix.
>add buttermilk incorporate well don't over knead.
>make sure you're layering and folding

This part is very important. Cold butter and layering is essential to get the right flaky texture.

It needs to be fresh and from KFC

You cut it in half fill it with butter and microwave it for 8 seconds until butter is soft or melted and enjoy.

Use real butter none of that "buscuit spread" packs they give you at KFC!

>he perfect biscuit dough should stick to your fingers like you've shoved your hands into a vat of cake frosting.
I will never taste any thing that even comes close to that in my lifetime.
Why live?

use 7-up

Cook's Illustrated "Mile-High Buttermilk Biscuits" are worth making:

traceysculinaryadventures.com/2012/06/mile-high-buttermilk-biscuits.html

Half butter half atora suet. Make sure the butter is very cold and cut it in with pastry blender.

Wet it with buttermilk only and make sure you using about 2 tsp of baking powder per 1 cup flour as well as an extra tsp of baking soda due to the buttermilk. Tsp of salt per cup of flour.

Don't add any seasonings it just masks the butter flavor. If you must add flavor go with garlic powder /onion flakes and dried parsley.

Once the liquid hits the dry ingredients you have to be mix it as little as possible, and handle it gently while rolling out to half inch and then fold it over on top of itself to about 1inch thickness and cut out. It will naturally puff up more than usual and be pull apart right down the middle.

Someone got a good recipe they want to post with their tips? I'm a terrible bakers, and just do bisquick. Can't seem to roll out dough for shit (plastic cutting board seems to stick), so getting the right layers and shape seem to elude me.