I just found a huge mexican cucumber plant in my yard. i had no idea such a thing existed...

i just found a huge mexican cucumber plant in my yard. i had no idea such a thing existed. i had to google to find out why i have hundreds of tiny watermelons growing on my rose bush.

they are cute as hell and if you squeeze one it explodes and smells just like cucumber and melon. i can't figure it out.

I must have five thousand of them. That was just one tiny little piece of ivy. I guess a bird brought it in. Cannot imagine how else I'd have this thing growing here unless they use the seeds for bird seed that I buy.

anyway what should I use it in?

Other urls found in this thread:

ediblebrooklyn.com/2015/what-to-make-with-mexican-sour-gherkins/
bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/inside-our-kitchen/article/what-to-do-with-mexican-sour-gherkins
vegrecipesofindia.com/bendakaya-vepudu-recipe-bhindi-fry/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Look at this. tell me they don't look like tiny watermelons

dime for scale.

Pickle them

This. Or tabbouleh.

Buying a serrated blade

>Partially serrated blade

Have you always made poor life decisions?

They are cute. I admit I've never heard of them either. I hope you double checked that they're edible.

Assuming they are, you should use them to make something completely original. See if they can be fermented into booze, or made into some kind of fruit juice or ice cream or pie.

I'd think of a new name for them as well, "Mexican Cucumber" is a mouthful (no pun intended). You could go portmanteau with "Mexicumber" or "Weetermelon" ("wee" and "watermelon").

Looks like they are best fresh in salads or pickled.

Try something here ediblebrooklyn.com/2015/what-to-make-with-mexican-sour-gherkins/ and let us know!

a quick google search..
>cucumber-like taste with a touch of lemon

Maybe add some to a gin and tonic or some other gin cocktail?

I also have to imagine they'd make a great garnish for...something.

Thought those things were like thumb size. Damn that's adorable.

>add some to a gin and tonic
Good idea, I'd wash one, cut the ends off it and stick it on a cocktail stick (with the stick going through the skin so it doesn't slide off). You could use this to stir your drink.

Or you could wash them, slice the ends off them and freeze them to use like ice cubes.

bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/inside-our-kitchen/article/what-to-do-with-mexican-sour-gherkins

Half sour pickling would make those taste phenomenal

I think that these would make some fucking awesome pickles

>serration isn't beneficial for cutting things like rope and line
Die, faggot

Half sour?

If you have a GF with a good pallet
Micro dice the some cilantro and cherry peppers, add in small dice of smoked salmon or thin cuts of gravlax, add in small disks or half moons of those, mix in a very small amount of grapeseed (or other neutral) oil, place on toast points, garnish with caviar, and prepare yourself for wild intercourse.

>pallet
Complete and utter, fucking retard.

>I cant sharpen my knife so I need work arounds for my laziness
Good post.

Okay sailor, just use a regular knife, faggot.

>being this triggered by serration
When you're tied up in thick line and your life is at stake, you'll be glad to have the proper tools available. Your ilk probably thinks it doesn't look cool enough, since it's just a fashion accessory to you

Sorry, but some of our doms respect us enough to acknowledge our safe words.

I put my key in the door the other night and it got stuck.. Except it was attached by chain to my belt loop.

stucktodoor.jpg

Good thing for serration this was laying on the porch.
I could've died you know. I was too drunk to make the key work.

>living in an area where you need to lock your door

Die

Not a single black person in this area. But it gets locked anyways.
I really don't need to lock it.

autocorrect is a cunt.

>it's difficult to check what I typed before I post it.

vegrecipesofindia.com/bendakaya-vepudu-recipe-bhindi-fry/

Try this you plebs.

Put em up your ass.

Multiple people have already suggested pickling them, suggest something new.

I'd kill that plant as fast as possible.

I was setting up the BBQ on the back porch one day when I noticed what appeared to be little empty bottles of malt liquor scattered around my porch. I cleaned that shit up, but then the next night I had more, and there were little empty baggies, and broken glass looking things all over the place as well. I decided to stake out my porch and discovered that it was being invaded at night by tiny black people carrying what I thought to be tiny watermelons. Turns out they weren't really watermelons, but those Mezkin cuke things, and they were getting them from a plant that was growing in my back yard without my knowledge. Once I killed the plant, the tiny black people never came back.

Get rid of it...

Not adding much vinegar and only adding 2-3tbsp salt per quart of water along side much more seasoning like garlic, dill and thyme than usual.

In Spanish they call them "sanditas".

Is that a lacto-ferment?

I believe it is

Why?

>start reading this post
>start smiling
>keep smiling harder even though i know what's coming

hhheheheheh

Just curious, saw an user mentioning this concept the other night, and I want to learn more about this and other methods of making pickles. Thanks for your reply. I like the sound of "half-sour."

It wasn't funny desu desu

Oh fuck, good one

Your knife looks like a woman when she takes a photo

they taste okay. not as good as real cucumbers. but hell, if it's free then good for you senpai that's nice.

In Spanish they call you a "joto."