Why do Americans pretend to like Japanese food?

Why do Americans pretend to like Japanese food?

fuck off shitposter

I'm assuming you mean white Americans. Also, not all American food is bland.

>I have spent considerable time in many countries, including Japan, and I have eaten authentic Japanese food, so I am in a uniquely privileged position to explain this

>While Japanese food is often derided as lacking in flavor, particularly compared to, say, South Indian or Malaysian food, it's still based on natural ingredients (fresh fish, vegetables, and a non-trivial amount of fermented stuff)

>When people say "Americans" they mean uncultured flyovers, because those are the ones who shriek AMERICA and get belligerent about nationality the most. So let us keep that in mind for now. The average American flyover has never experienced natural ingredients. Most food is jazzed up with HFCS, salt, trans fats, and, for the daring macho types, hot sauce (preferably with dragons, skulls, or weapons on the label, to indicate the level of masculinity that will be obtained by buying the product)

>In short, American food is inherently bland, in a more profound way than Japanese food, and most importantly, in a way that cannot be fixed

>When an American (usually a member of the US military or a weeaboo with rich parents, since weeaboos don't have jobs) sets foot in Japan, he is usually quite surprised at this first taste of foreign food that doesn't destroy flavors by sending the raw ingredients to Mondelez or Cargill for destruction

>But if that American had chosen any other country as the destination, the experience would have been the same. He would have gone crazy over the food, because it would have been the first real food he would have tasted

>shitpost
>image.jpg

every time

What did I miss?

>implying this isn't a 1/10 thread. You bumped actual food discussion for this. Kill yourself.

Why do Japanese people pretend to like American food?

I think it's because they don't pretend. They actually do in the same way they like Japanies anime which is the very reason some 15 year old dude created this Japanese clone image board ten years ago in the first place. Whity loves it's Japanies culture in what ever form it takes except for one.

Why are you pretending to not be a faggot?

A weeb pretending to like Japanese food.

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD MOBILEPOSTER

>go to japanese restaurant
>it's shit

Im a dirty far weeb gaijin. I fucking love nip food.

Ramen, mochi, all the basic weeb staples. I do still really enjoy other things too.

Katsu and kurage, bean sprouts, you name it, if its from weeb origin or Nippon in anyway, I probably already love it.

the real question is, why do the Japanese pretend to like American food?

the same reason you do

because american food is way better than their raw fish and seaweed shit.

Most Americans have never had real Japanese food. That said, it's generally much more subtle (lighter flavors that don't overwhelm your taste buds) but also more complex, and often skews overly salty (miso, soy sauce).

American food is often overly sauced, and so somewhat one-note.

>Most Americans have never had real Japanese food
I want to kick you in your upright cunt, christ. Do you liberals even know how you come across to others?

yes. we come across as superior, very much in the same way our professors appear to us. learn from us.

Are arguing that 50% or more of all Americans have had real Japanese food? That's quite a old claim, friend.

I'm trying to figure out how you determined my librulness from the comment.

I'm also trying to figure out how you could think my comment wasn't factual.

He just doesnt gett it because hes not smart enough.

When did this site become tumblr for food

>Liberals

Is this the hot new meme insult? Wtf does it have to do with this conversation? Do you understand what the word means?

>being this new

That is how liberals think. They shop at whole foods and talk about "Americans" not understanding other cultures.

And they are right. You are obviously a flyover. Let me guess, you shop for everything at Wal-Mart and think the U.S. is the only nation that matters?

haha xd, Americans are fat, Americans are stupid, Americans are ugly. Every other culture on earth is superior to us because we are racist and deserve to die.

If the shoe fits

I didn't say all that. But when you use "liberal" for anyone you slightly disagree with, you're only proving my point. There i nothing wrong with learning about other cultures to expand your horizons.

But that's not wrong
Why are you so mad?

Which one?

Most of the Japanese food you find in America actually sucks compared to the real thing so I don't know

>at jap festival
>order teriyaki chicken
>receive leg/thigh that has been roasted, blackened on bottom, and pile of plain white rice

I was pretty disappointed. Is this authentic or did I get ripped off? I thought it was supposed to be the bite size chicken in sauce.

Teriyaki sauce does not exist in Japan outside of shit like teriyaki mcburgers. Yakitori uses a kind of similar sauce but its still different

That's really disappointing.

Why? The real stuff tastes so much better.

teriyaki is from china, not japan.