Meme Butter

Well that was a fucking waste of money. Zero difference from "American" butter.

>European Style

>"European Style"
It is American butter, you memelord.

It has 2% more fat. If you can't tell the difference then don't buy it again. Did it even cost more than regular?

It's twice as expensive, because you get two sticks instead of four.

It's probably "European style" meaning that it's made from cultured milk, but suited to American tastes which aren't used to cultured milk. So it's probably very mild compared to what a good, high quality real European butter would taste like.

europeans ferment their butter?

I really like this in baked goods

Yes, or the cream used to make it. It gives it a more sour taste, like yogurt vs fresh milk.

i really like it.
i can totally taste the difference on an english muffin

i like kerrygold for raw consumption like on french toast or pancakes etc.

but when i use butter for cooking its the regular american stick stuff

am i pleb?

I use their unsalted butter for cooking (the silver package) and their salted butter (gold package) for raw. or I get cabot (new england butter) and do the same.

Kerrygold is tasty, great on toast or English muffins or whatever. I highly doubt you'd be able to tell the difference in cooking or baking though, no reason to waste it on that.

is the kerrygold hype real? i see lots of uppity white people swearing by it but i'm not convinced

buy it and try it yourself. it's not that expensive. it's good butter.

My go-to butter

I just recently discovered this, and it's usually cheaper than even the store brand butter

Why is American butter so sweet? Hell, why is American bread so sweet? Why would you need HFCS in both of these products?

who the hell eats enough butter straight up to be able to tell the difference
you do realize that it's just agitated milk, right?
why would you even care?
>b-but amerlardasses need scoote-
yeah whatever tubby

Butter is the base for many sauces. Yes, it makes a difference.

Have you never eaten a slice of bread with just butter on it? American butters are literally like a sweet spread.

I use kerrygold from Bj's I'm not sure if this is different from the kerrygold abroad but it does say imported.

Plugra master race reporting in

LOL. MEME.

>super
>premium
>european style

kek 'murica

There is no sweetener in American butter. It's made from "sweet cream" as in, not fermented/cultured. It still has a very very mild tang to it.

>American butters are literally like a sweet spread.
Euromeme doesn't know what he's talking about

who else /ate sticks of butter like candy bars/ here, when they were kids

I would always try to sneak it but my mom would always find it and take it away from me. I assume I was trying to fill a nutritional deficit of some kind by instinctually going for a high fat dairy item

so it's made with jizz?

Yuro here. What's European Style butter? Isn't butter just butter?

OP doesn't know what he's talking about and has no taste buds. I only use 'pean 'er in my cooking.

I was so bad about it that you couldn't put butter out to soften to go with a meal cause I'd climb up on the table and eat it

There is nothing like the texture of 'pean 'er in your mouth.

It's just got a slightly higher fat content.

I believe the image they're going for is that Europeans usually eat plain butter and bread because they're poor, but in a good, rustic kind of way, and it's okay because they make good bread and eat fattier butter than Americans are used to. It's a romantic, almost exotic image aimed at people who've never been to Europe.

This is the best butter, kerigold a shit

It's butther without the sweetener. By default, American butter is lightly sweetened to get rid of the natural tang.

It's kinda similar to how American chocolate uses an acid to not go rancid which gives it a light vomity flavor.

I kind of get the feeling that American shitposting has gone slightly overboard recently...

Kerigold has a fake movie popcorn butter taste to it, 2bh

>It's butther without the sweetener. By default, American butter is lightly sweetened to get rid of the natural tang.
Incorrect.

It's made with cultured creme you retards

thats why its soooo fucking good. movie popcorn is the shit, they actually pop it at my local theater so dont try that "they just bring it in in a bag" shit with me. ive seen it popping.
I try to recreate it at home and kerrygold that's been melted until the water is gone is what works best for me.

>bjs