What is the Dark Souls of cooking?

What is the Dark Souls of cooking?

Aunt Myrna's party salad

Pufferfish

Working in a decent high volume restaurant?

You have no choice other than to get good fast, but the fun quickly wears off and you lose your soul.

Souffle.

trying to recreate a Heston Blumenthal recipe at home

Being the only cook in a Korean man's sushi restaurant during the summer when he does not run the AC

Sourdough?

This.

Not getting spooked by the toaster popping.

^

When your mom and her lesbian friends make you clean the bbq grill.

Convince them that it's been seasoned.

Avoiding microwave radiation by walking back and forth across your kitchen while you heat up your food.

Probably something like sponge cake. Something that's easy enough after you've spent the brief time it takes to learn how, but which casuals consider hard because they're not used to having to learn anything.

>Not leaving the room

Enjoy your cancer

Heroin addiction

Taco Bell Grande Challenge

Repetitive and easy but people who are into it often strut about at it's difficulty?

That would be any sort of kitchen job.

certainly nothing to do with baking, it's all super easy following simple instructions but people completely overrate how hard it is.

Blown the fuck out

i agree.

First ever summer job was doing that. About a week in they told me that either I had to perform well this shift or I was fired. Ended up working there for the rest of the summer and hated every second of it. Sorta miss the adrenaline rush though.

a gaggle of black women coming into your restaurant

Anyone have a good estus soup recipe?

Really not that hard with a modern oven.

/thread

>not rolling

Literally got it perfect my first time

So, by Dark Souls do you mean You Died from making something too easy to fuck up?

Or maybe something you have to repeatedly fuck up (You Died) to get right?

shrimp is hard af to not ruin

'GO 'ZA

Oh man, I took a break off Veeky Forums for awhile... What the fuck is this? Has any co/ck/s made this yet? If not, I would love to.

only if you're retarded

I'd argue that a good beef wellington. Duxelles being cooked and moist while having a still crisp pastry is quite difficult

Is there anything he won't lie about?

Breaking into a restaurant to cook some food, the chef shows up with a couple of his buddies and they beat the shit out of you. A cop shows up and joins in.

???

I don't get it. Is this some spicy new meem or something?

An omelette.

Opening a restaurant.

It's the theme of an awesome JOI video. I can't remember what it's called.

pls remember

Kojima has rused us all again!

this.

wanted to stab my superiors after my first shift.

Seriously took me one year to bake the first successful sourdough, the secret is feeding the starter twice a day until its ready (7-9 days). After that he gets a little forgiving but miss a feeding in the earlier stage and you need to start from from zero.

> $19.00 for 4 sausages.

Traditional, good ole, brigade styled, French training. You've got to be some type of masochist to enjoy it, perhaps why I'm still there..