I need your help, felllow Veeky Forumss...

I need your help, felllow Veeky Forumss. I need to make food for the whole family for the first time ever and I need something simple, yet tasty!

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/12/the-best-slow-cooked-bolognese-sauce-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much time do you have before they come over?

What are their ethnicities? Do you have any idea of what they might enjoy?

make spaghet

make spaghet

White Estonians, pretty much eat anything, time til dinner

Sphaget is too simple, I want to sort of shine out

Again, how much time do you have?
If you still got 4+ hours, make a real bolognese sauce and buy some fancy noodles. That will make you shine out.

Lots of time, 6 or so hours

And no, no noodres, we've been on macaroni, sphagetti, noodle diet for about 2 months now

a home cooked bolognese can be absolutely fucking fantastic, but they can be pretty complex.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/12/the-best-slow-cooked-bolognese-sauce-recipe.html

A crowd pleaser for me is a pot roast. Grab a big chunk of beef chuck roast from the market and find a recipe somewhere. I'll serve that over a bed of mashed potatoes, or risotto. What have you made before?

Bumping, because estonian also

but maybe rice with something ? rice is pretty easy to make

Pot roast is a good idea. You could also roast a chicken. Just follow one of the food wishes videos, it'll be easy and good. In the meantime, cut some potatoes in wedges, cook them for 10-15 minutes, let them cool and coat them in olive oil and seasonings. Put them in the oven with your chicken for the last 20 minutes or so and you'll have great potato wedges.
Then just make a simple salad on the side. Lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

What do you mean no noodles? Your family won't eat noodles? What kind of family doesn't eat noodles?

if you decide to go with risotto, make a few practice batches before you actually cook it for them
learn to make risotto

Tänud

>What do you mean no noodles? Your family won't eat noodles? What kind of family doesn't eat noodles?
>And no, no noodres, we've been on macaroni, sphagetti, noodle diet for about 2 months now
Man, your reading comprehension is terrible. Did you just stop reading four words into that line?

>we've been on macaroni, sphagetti, noodle diet for about 2 months now
???

Yes, I did, sawy, I am sort of in a hurry

Which part of that sentence do you not understand?

Why are you posting on the chan if you're in a hurry?

I am of newfag descent

>And no, no noodres,
this makes it sound like they don't eat noodles
>we've been on macaroni, sphagetti, noodle diet for about 2 months now
this makes it sound like they eat exclusively noodles

When someone tells you "hey I'm on a vegetable diet" or "hey I'm on a juice diet", do you take them to mean that he's saying "oh I can't eat vegetables" or "or I can't drink juice"?

We've just had enough of noodles that's all I'm trying to say

how does pot roast + roasted potatoes/risotto idea sound? I trust you can google your way to a recipe for one of those, right?

I think Risotto will do