At what point did postmodernism go too far?

At what point did postmodernism go too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

infowars.com/swedish-liberal-party-youth-wing-calls-for-legalization-of-necrophilia-incest/
youtube.com/watch?v=rI-42NuiLdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It will never go too far.

The ancients were much bigger degenerates

At least the boy isn't a forced eunuch harem servant

pretty much this. It can't go too far.

>at what point
rhizomes don't work that way, user

>At what point did postmodernism go too far?
Warhol getting rich and famous
world should have ended before that

>would swirly so hard

this is a good point 2bh

>tfw literally in a global fictions course that constantly brings up the 'problematic' nature of binaries

I should've done Food Writing

When tolerance became synonymous with acceptance

Things went too far way before post-modernism. think the french revolution and the overthrow of the natural aristocratic order. from it follows the rejection of God, Morality and ultimately objective reality itself

SUCC

postmodernism took the logic of modernism too far and now that it is exposed you blame postmodernism

nice digits

postmodernism can literally never go to far. soon the whole world will be memes.
things are meme more and more.
the spectacle is realer than real.
with all the wifi and mobile internet there are literally memes flying through your house and body right now.
memes will outnumber people billions to one.
there won't be a memefree space even in space.

how many twitter followers do you have?

You seem to have overthrown grammar as well.

Underated

Well I mean, not exactly.

The ancients that behaved in such a manner (in fact ways we applaud today) were famously and widely considered degenerate even in their own day (pic related). A few tremendously degenerate aristocrats does not excuse the general rot that has set in in the entire population in contemporary times.

Hell, half of the prophetic literature in the Bible is about how God will destroy the degenerate city dwellers.

i agree desu

Punctuation and capitalization are matters of orthography not grammar. Grammatically his post was fine.

The problems started with the Renaissance I figure.

huh no way, Warhol took advantage of everyone's stupidity, the last push in dissolving meaning. He's the last important thing in art fuck you

there are so many confused cunts in this thread

It actually started with the invention of agriculture ca. 10000BC

1054 with the schism if we for some reason assume that civilization isn't inherently evil.

Problems started with Marx and to some extent Hegel's master slave nonsense. Now every generation needs their own "revolution" against whatever society is oppressing them at the moment.

Ancients had good and bad, we have good and evil, and no God to define them for us.

>the video is real

The the extent of "literally" literally losing it's literal meaning

That's because modern leftists create problems when they don't exist

don't think it's gone too far so much as it's out of balance
the right has failed to embrace it and instead has stuck to muh conservatism
that's changing though

It started when we became sentient.

Uh, no. Don't project Hegelian nonsense onto the common sense opinion that 62 people shouldn't own >50% of global wealth.

That has nothing to do with the cultural effects which we are talking about.

I agree with you in regards to the economic issues.

Something terrible approaches, first for us and then it'll come for them, those types in the image in OP's post; None of these things ever last.

Maybe a new religion or political mindset will usurp them from the comfy throne they've taken up, it's very clean too unlike the seats of others before them who have claimed 'oppression'. They have got to this point on the good will of a society (The West) which has, hitherto praised, pampered and catered to these types, some of that pampering comes from people thinking they are'doing the right thing' - their heads are fucked but their hearts are in the right place... supposedly; then we have those politicians who, as politicians do, cater to people in an effort to gain votes. See how Hilary Clinton once opposed Gay Marriage and now, as she's in the run for the Presidency and because 'IT'S 2016', she caters like some indentured servant.

However, as I mentioned before, these people -call them ultra'progressives - have got by for the last few decades upon goodwill. They've never had a reason to flex their muscles, never had cause to go to war (so to speak) and thus, to quote Machiavelli:

'It was necessary that Cyrus should find
the Persians discontented with the government of
the Medes, and the Medes soft and effeminate
through their long peace.

The one things these progressives have not actually faced in in fact, any oppression at all. They have architectured their own charades and shows, cried oppression here and scapegoated groups for their gain - all natural of course, means to an end - but again, they haven't had a real conflict to put into muscle memory and when it comes calling, something terrible will annihilate them.

That change could be the next generation, simply looking to rebel as many have. On the other hand, it could be a change in the political and societal landscape; Will it be a new leader or party that rallies against them? Perhaps not but I predict a culture clash, perhaps the crescendo of our current situations with the movement of peoples - Third world Arabs and Africans to Europe, and Hispanics and other minorities to the USA... unless whatever killed the Western way kills those too, in time. The signs are there, but so are they there for contrary to the above.

All I know is that they will face adversity some day and having never felt it, they will certainly know it at the hands of others - look at the weakness of Western Males today, likes the Medes, effeminate through their long peace and who is flooding the West? Young men from war zones... they surely have not been made soft from peace for they don't come from it.

OK, cool. Just be careful how you use the term "leftist". In the real world, it matters that it stands for something rational.

what a time to be alive

nth'd'd

I don't deny that wealth distribution is fucked up, but all of these would-be Che Gueveras forget that even crippling poverty is better than a breakdown of civilization. Perhaps it's better to use the current system instead of playing eternal victim and looking for oppressors; especially if there's no alternative.

Everybody loved the Arab spring and all of the Eastern European countries breaking away from communism but what did/do they have to replace them with? Both in terms of ideas and frameworks as well as people to reliably enact them.

Look where we are now socially! We've had so many social revolutions that right and wrong, good and bad, fine art and trash have all lost their meanings in post-modernist irony.

There's no getting around the fact that the idea of degeneracy changes from place to place and time to time, to the degree that people who may seem immoral to modern people were not considered immoral in their own time. The obvious example is pederasty. Fine, perhaps even beautiful, as long as there was not a financial aspect to it.

I couldn't pin down the effective difference tbqh.

If you tolerate, you don't do anything against it.
If you accept it, you tolerate it without feeling too bad about the issue.

Sounds the same for outsiders.

Pederasty was not at all an agreed upon subject in the greek world and it was also an exclusively aristocratic pasttime.

No if you took it up the ass you were a joke, they were expected to knock off their shit by the time they became adults otherwise they were looked down upon if they conducted these activities.

It was mostly just kissing, fondling and Intercrual sex anyway was it not?

BOIPUSSY was not on the menu mostly

if they're non-binary why are they called boys?

If we look at the Romans, who were by and large less gay-friendly, there's still a lot of adult buggery (and love) going on, both in the upper class with Catullus, but also the lower classes (epitomised by Encolpius, or Mr Inthecrotch as my lecturer calls him).
Obviously there's a 500 year gap between these two events, but the literature is less tolerant of gayness and there's still loads of it.

It is still a fact that these things were in fact not considered virtuous, despite the presence of it. Whereas now, it is considered in fact the greatest of virtues, next to letting 5 black men run a train on your wife.

this guy speaks the truth

You bring up a decent point, perhaps unintentionally. All of the tumblrinas can't stop screeching about how gender is a spectrum which is defined on each end by masculinity and femininity. Then you hear them using words like "non-binary" and other such special snowflake lingo. Sort of contradicts itself. If it's a spectrum, no shit they're non-binary. If it's a spectrum, you can assume that pretty much 100% of the people are non-binary, because it's pretty unlikely that you've got anyone that's completely on either end.

jared diamond pls go

>non-binary
>boy

wew lad transphobic fail

>The painting's most dominant feature is a large divan, with its golden elephants, on which a nude prostrates herself and beseeches the apathetic Sardanapalus for mercy. Sardanapalus had ordered his possessions destroyed and concubines murdered before immolating himself, once he learned that he was faced with military defeat.

Noice.
Interestingly, I can't find an analog to any person or concept today.
For whom or what could the story displayed here be theme?

A bang or a wimper, let's hope we live long to be a part of it, lads.

Very interesting, I only knew about Master-Slave stuff from the Nietschean critique of Christianity.

Reading pic related, I realize that I thought Stirner discusses his self-stuff out of the blue and it being a response to Hegelian ideas was but a meme

>natural aristocratic
so a republic is super-natural? spoooky!

>soon the whole world will be memes
wrong, we are living in the last age of memes, prepare for allah or flee to the forests

Honestly, it probably started with the Cambrian explosion if you think about it desu.

ted pls

where is this from

The problem with the modern left and """"postmodernism""""" as it's been co opted by leftists is that their mantra is to destroy everything and anything, somehow unaware to the fact that they themselves are installing a new orthodoxy and a new monolith

the truth is no matter how much they try to 'normalize' this stuff everybody still goes home at the end of the day and thinks "phew, thank god i don't have to actually spend any time with that"

we're at a point where people want to make sure everyone is not discriminated for who they are - not a bad thing, but it is spawning a lot of narcissistic little twats who pushing the boundaries of what counts as a human being and everyone else is letting them cause they're not hurting anyone

within 5-10 years this kind of behaviour will be entirely gone.

Guys I come here when I'm burned out on /pol/
I when I just get tired about all this shit and just want to talk about books
Don't bring this shit here too please

>within 5-10 years this kind of behaviour will be entirely gone

no it won't. what makes you say that?

If you enable people into behaving badly and then reward them for it, will they ever stop?

society's at a point where people are praised for the mere act of being as egregiously offensive and transgressive to established moral and societal conventions -- defying """"conformity"""""" as if the act alone warrants anything other than disdain

do not close your eyes

because these people are only here as a sort of trial run, a stress test for an accepting society. the truth is nobody actually likes them and most of them are mentally ill

once things settle down people will want regular human beings around them again

>dresses
>makeup
>unbound tits
Aren't those just girls with short hair? When was having short hair a sexual identity?

You poor naive fool

I find your optimism endearing

this is the most insufferable thing.

normal girls see all the attention and privilege that trans-whatevers get and they CAN'T STAND IT and do whatever they possibly can to latch onto that identity and leech out all the advantage they can possibly drain from it.

I saw an article the other day written for "non-binary couples who present normally" i.e. a man and a woman in a relationship together who want to claim queer identity.
Absurd. Obviously absurd.
That's how far up their own asses these people are, it defies belief.

a handful of college professors and tumblr users trying to 'intellectualize' personal identity while being as disgusting as possible are not going to change thousands of years of human history

not to mention this kind of wankery can only go on in a society with no problems or no political consciousness of actual problems.

once environmental conditions get dire or we have another large scale war the mere thought of fussing over pronouns and genders will be absurd

it makes me feel tremendously sad. How spiritually destitute must you be to do something like that.

It's times like these that we must pray for their souls and ask God to lead them back into His Grace

Lmao the spooks.
Le Veeky Forums sober proud male ;^)

We haven't legalized pedophilia yet so it hasn't gone far enough

if it really was "a handful" it wouldn't even BE a problem but I won't stop you from sticking your head in the sand or not running for the lifeboat aboard RMS Titanic

Would someone be so kind as to recommend to me any of the various traditionalist (or perhaps even nationalist) readings to give me an enhanced perspective and understanding? I value western civilization and tradition and I have a fairly well working knowledge of it however, I haven't touched THAT deeply the subject. Thanks in advance.

Kys

infowars.com/swedish-liberal-party-youth-wing-calls-for-legalization-of-necrophilia-incest/

the fact that talks of incest legalisation isn't taboo says how far we've come

You simply can't deal with the fact you're living in the end times.
Sure there's a small handful of resistance but they will surly lose.

youtube.com/watch?v=rI-42NuiLdM

they're a handful compared to the population at large

a very loud minority

>At what point did postmodernism go too far?
In what way is this postmodernism?

>implying anyone takes edgy libertarian extremists seriously
kek

Excellent contribution.

Let it fall ma i right?
DESU VULT BROTHER

can anyone actually point out one objective thing wrong with the picture?

>(You)

I don't like it. Simple as.

For one, promotion of this behavior can effect the views and behaviors of an entire generation, if seen in a positive light. I doubt it will be, on the whole at least, however I do not think allowing this type of behavior into the light of day is worth the risk.

I just realized again how clownish the Veeky Forums userbase is

>

>This kind of behavior

what's wrong with it?

laugh while you can, soon they'll come for you and there will be no one left to speak for you then

Feminization of the western male. I won't explain further because a Google search will do a better job than I would.

it's literally a mental illness.

[death of objectivity] + [deconstruction], haven't you heard?

even if that were true, you nip problems in the bud

>I value western civilization
Faggot.
I know you're joking, but I really meant saying that the agricultural revolution was evil.

Adam and Eve = Nomadic herders

>Feminization of the western male

Doesn't answer the question but clearly you can't judging by the second half of your post.

jesus fucking christ. that is some terrible terrible writing. probably the worst I've read. No one is particularly fond of neo-leftism or neo-liberalism but those paragraph in the images are just awful arguments.

The entire thing is almost entirely unsubstantiated strawman mixed with ad hominem. is this how rabid right-wingers are born? by reading shit like that?

Don't worry libertarians won't win. Paedophilia was essentially acceptable in Sweden in the 60s/70s but moral outrage from the left and right made it a taboo again. Society is becoming more moral and rule based not less.

Here's your reply bud