Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Never heard of it

I think you should read something else.

Insipid piece, diatribe that keeps on going for too long, David masking his rather mediocre writing skills with throwing knowledge in, lacking any cohesion and generally blowing smoke in all directions. Deeply insincere work.

>The learning of many things does not teach understanding; otherwise, it would have taught Hesiod and Pythagoras, and again Xenophanes and Hecataeus.

go to bed Bloom

book/10

Both overblown and underestimated by il/lit/erates and and legitimate academics alike, but that's true of just about everything. I like it, but that means nothing, because that's only an opinion--a simple, subjective opinion--and, regardless of how much I sniff and act snobby [Bloom], or blindly worship it, as though it were my religious text [millions of college undergrads], it doesn't change the fact that my opinion isn't a fact, and that, ultimately, all that matters is what you, yourself, think of it.

I think you should give it a try. It is important to remember he isn't trying to be ironic

I thought it was funny. as a depressed stoner with social anxiety I identified with hal. I had that kind of relationship with my parents. it was also depressing at the same time. he makes some good points about depression. his video calling idea was hilarious and bang on. I didn't care for the gately bits that much. some of the small random side stories are better than the man in story. loved the one about the house robbers. but this isn't a book for everyone. it's easy to read. but with the whole no closure business. which I'm cool with (I've read a lot) although I think noobs might not like thag as much. it's a lot to read for very little payoff. it doesn't do anything profound. it's entertaining. infinitely. and for that reason I recommend it for well read readers (what ever the fuck that means). I would tell my friends who haven't read much to read a lot of other books before infinite jest. but actually if they asked me to give them book is probably give them infinite jest for the LULZ

>4
>quads
Damn

who cares

Well you did reply to me to say who cares so...

Says the guy who just replied to him

who cares

I'd say the honest sentiment of Mario and Gatley squirming around underneath the weight of the piss-take 'plot' is quite profound.

Apparently still you

This is the book that convinced me I'm smarter than David Foster Wallace.

>(I've read a lot)
Look out folks, we've got a DAVID FOSTER WALLACE fans over here.

Good book

I am a fan yes

Again?

Never read it. Is it hard to understand?

I read the first page and then put it right back on the library shelf lmao fuck outta here

Meme tier novel.

Everything here is meme tier

FUCKING
GHOST
STORY

those going through their first read might enjoy the eschaton chapter as the start tbqh

I prefer everlasting happiness by dun fun wu

yes if your an retard

Hmm

Super hard man leik omg

Super hard

Cool

Ucjviiv

Shit

I just dropped this 2 days ago after 490 something pages. Just couldn't bear to read twenty page descriptions of Don Gately sitting at meetings and doing errands inbetween lengthy dialogues between two agents political discussion putting me to sleep.

I'd really like to continue reading about Hal but the whole book is just too much. Sorry Davey, I'm gonna be a pleb forever.

Feels really good reading a normal book with a linear story progression right now.

Lol

I don't mind the writing style, and there are some legitimately amusing and clever moments.
But I could never escape from the feeling that this was really a 100 page novella padded with 700 pages of snippets of Wikipedia articles added in just to impress the reader with random facts.

I'm (yes) fan

It's okay, but if I met somebody and it was their favorite book I'd probably think less of them.

I enjoyed what I read, but I missed a lot by letting my eyes just float over the text too much.
I plan on reading it again.

eat shit

Lol

Pretty good book about the corruption of instinct by society

Overrated meme

Genuinely trash. I'm reading it right now and I fucking hate it. I'm lying and I don't know why, I'm sorry inanimate object I don't mean it I just wanna ignore my problems by shitfunmemeFUCKFUCFKXCUFCK