What books have the most epic, sweeping plotlines Veeky Forums? Something to put me in a state of awe please

What books have the most epic, sweeping plotlines Veeky Forums? Something to put me in a state of awe please.

Iliad, duh.

Cant really go wrong with that one

Dune is also a good choice

could you give us an example of a book you're looking for? "epic, sweeping plotlines" that puts you in a state of awe seems very open.

Illiad is a good example, that and Moby Dick. Some wide spanning conflict of any sort I guess

Seconding the Iliad
The Aenied
War and Peace, The Count of Monte Cristo

The Book of the New Sun

The Bible

I am going to get crucified (And possible banned) for posting this but:

Kane And Abel-Jeffrey Archer

Before I get hated, I want to clarify that I read it in grade 9 and at that time enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't know if it holds up now.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Orlando Furioso

I am so fucking sorry. I did think several times before posting this but I thought I'd do it anyway because I remember being really fond of it back then.

All good, my man. I've just never gotten an opportunity to use the gif.

Homestuck

Is BotNS multiple PoV or nah?

Le Morte d'Arthur

The Malazan Book of The Fallen definitely feels that way since some of the main books take place parallel to each other but with a different character's viewpoint, which make it seem really grand and epic. Plus the worldbuilding is LOTR-tier good.

Definitely. I'll never understand why people say ASOIAF is better than this.

I enjoyed moby dick
>inb4 permaban

It's all first-person narration from a single unreliable narrator, except for two fables/stories within the series.

Wheel of Time series. Can get occasionally slow, but if you want sweeping epic, this is it. Fourteen books, page count being in the 800-1200 range for the Tor Classics edition

Tours of the Black Clock

East of Eden

Wrong

How so?

I have a friend who has read the Wheel of Time series and nothing else (besides some ASoIaF).
He's currently re-reading it.

war and peace does it as far as things based on real life goes. there's enough personal drama that the big war stuff feels really huge in comparison and it's great to see the characters involved in it
in terms of sci fi and fantasy, the foundation series has a really great sense of scale

Wrong. Retry?

2001: A Space Odyssey

Why would you get banned for suggesting Moby Dick? That is a legitimate and good suggestion for what OP asks for.

Alien war book that spans hundreds of years from one mans perspective. Pretty epic to me

>illiad
>plotline
you mean odyssey

East of Eden anyone?

reccing. ignore all those idiots on reddit who claim this is a hard read btw. yeah, it requires you to pay attention but any book worth reading requires a little input from the reader