What is the most disturbing book you have read?

What is the most disturbing book you have read?

Other urls found in this thread:

docslide.us/documents/guyotat-pierre-eden-eden-eden-cut.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Room - Hubert Selby, Jr.

Hogg

Twilight

my

The Tunnel

Gargoyles by Thomas Bernhard

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

Not a book desu

Honestly the hotel rape scene from Lolita is probably the most disturbing thing I've read to date

The Art of Loving, because you realize how truly fucked everything is, and you see what you must change.

I once read some old newspapers that had been hard bound.

Is it really that disturbing? From what I can tell it's just an angry man's rants. I still plan on reading it someday.

Yes, for a variety of reasons.

I´m kind of a normie but 120 days of Sodom

I thought Beckett's Molloy/Malone Dies/The Unnamable were kind of disturbing... in a funny, thought provoking way.

Hmm, I sort-of had the same reaction: I realized I am practically the opposite of what the book calls people to be, it made me consider that I don't know how to love anybody, yet it also gave me hope I can improve

Definitely Guts
It is a short story, but it had to be mentioned.

>rape

the story would have been scarier if Ellison wasn't so stilted and haughty about the whole affair. His personal writings are unbearable.

this

Precisely, that means the book was effective for both of us. It was distubring in a very good way.

I think successful Marxist writers must achive that outcome. To make us afraid and feel bad for how we are today, but to see that a better world is within our reach.

The disturbance is not merely towards nihilism, but towards something better. Anxiety is supposed to make himans avoid a threat, or realize something is wrong. Sometimes we need to be disturbed to act rightly. Otherwise we really are just robots.

I wouldn't call 120 days of Sodom disturbing. It's too banal for that.
This book essentially consists of rants about religion, philosophical musings about the concept of transgression, and an exhaustive list of strange fetishes. Unless you're a bona fide admirer of the Divine Marquis, it's not worth reading in its entirety.

I know it´s trivial because it relays on shock value to be disturbing, however that book gave me the most traumatic mental images of my life. We may have interpreted disturbing, differently

The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum or Let's Go Play At The Adams'.

can I say gravity's rainbow? I felt sad and dirty after reading slothrop's "death" and the poop scene

What haunts me is the little tangent has at one point where he imagines getting Lo pregnant once she's gotten too old so that he can have a new generation of nymphet, and do the same again ad infinitum. Reading that was nauseating.

The works of Peter Sotos. Check'em out, good stuff.

Probably In The Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami

which is also a pretty awful book, tbqh

i dont read any spooky stuff, but the book of disquiet was disturbing in that it just depressed the shit out of me. i was in a baaad state of mind for a good while before i snapped out of it.

Pic related. It's enough to make your hair curl.

There's a scene where the special policemen run metal wire through holes in a bunch of prisoners cheeks, then write some offensive word on their backs with chalk, then encourage the townspeople to whip the prisoners until the chalk is gone. Then they murder them all.

It's supposedly all based on the techniques used by the Koevoet and the Defence Force in South Africa. I know the wire thing was used by the French in Indochina. I almost wanted a trigger warning for fucks sake.

DFW assigned it in one of his english classes at that school he taught at.

sounds fun desu

Pierre, by Herman Melville.

At least that's the only answer that hasn't already been given in the thread.

>Probably In The Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami
>which is also a pretty awful book, tbqh
that one looks like shit to me.

Stoner

This is right on up there. The mood it creates is super heavy and stuck with me for days.

I once read a book about Nazis from Hell or something similar. If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about the main idea of the book was that people were.....Nazis.....who volunteered to be subject to horrible torture and every other line was something ridiculous and only the main character saw a problem with this. I am pretty sure giant insects were involved.

There's a part in It where It takes the form of Dracula but with razors for teeth and he bites down hard enough that the razors cut his gums into bloody chunks. Read that shit like 8 years ago, and it's still gross to me. Even after having gotten into /b/ gore threads that same year, and having seen footage of crazy shit

Haven't read it personally but I've heard great things about Eden Eden Eden by Pierre Guyotat. Can't seem to find an ebook though.

docslide.us/documents/guyotat-pierre-eden-eden-eden-cut.html

Best I could find. Looks tedious.

>The Art of Loving
Shitty book devoured by housewives in the 50/60s. Lmao reading this in 2000+

I liked it. I did read the pdf you posted.

Wow, how'd you find it? Yer a wizard. Thanks!

Mr. Murder by Dean Koontz.

Im convinced he's a closet child rapist.
He emulates the mind of a child so well.
And the way he takes more time writing alfies disturbing rape/murder scenes than he should.

Why are some books so hard to find a copy of? If they're well known and popular enough to get talked about on Veeky Forums you'd think there would be enough demand for at least an ebook. Veeky Forums reads some obscure books but they can't be that obscure.

I can't say, it's literally too disturbing to think about.

The Maimed by Hermann Ungar
Story of the Eye by Georges Bataille

Never read it but seems interesting.

that's a nice cover, mind if i save it?

It's all yours my friend :)

Have you read it? If not you're the perfect close kinded anti intellectual.

diary

I have a whole list of books which are totally not obscure that I've been searching for years (as e-books). Thanks to various kind anons and sharethreads my list has little by little shrunk. Still, the bulk of it is there.

Perfume - Patrick Süskind

I don't think your post makes sense, and you quoted the wrong post too

Nah that's just edgy bullshit

In the thumbnail it looks like an animu girl.

You tryin' to get people into trouble, user?

> which is also a pretty awful book

I politely disagree. It's pulpy but it's not awful.

Grotesque - Natsuo Kirino
Apparently a few things were changed for the translation, but I can't imagine it amounted to very much.

Guts is overrated and mainstream.

> the castration

Hi

this, holy shit, it came out of nowhere in the middle of the funny hijinks and it horrified me

It's nonfiction but Bloodlands by Timothy Snyder properly rustled me, excellent book but fuck was it grim at times.

it disturbs me that anyone could actually take this dribble seriously

You have typed /r/cuckold wrong in your url.

damn i forgot about that
very disturbing idea

poor bait, i'm reading through the pilgrims progress at the moment and i have to look up a few verses each page, I'm surprised at how prolific most of them are, especially considering how long ago it was writ.

It disturbs me more that it could actually be true.

Reddit answer, pseud detected

Aside from the age how was it in any way non-consensual?

>Besides how it was non-consenual how was it non-consenual?
Is pedophilia really this normalized on Veeky Forums?

The prose is pretty hard to stomach, I'll give you that.

Good read. Very through-provoking.

You must be new here.

the consumer by gira

you can find a copy online

i agree with this

diary

>prolific
I'm trying to figure out what you meant here but I'm struggling dude

Cows

Disturbing content maybe but definitely not disturbing to read, at least for me.

One thing that really disturbed me was the rhinoplasty scene in V. Only time I've gotten nauseous from a description of something. Haven't read any of Pynchons other work yet and apparently some things might surpass it.

Closer by Dennis Cooper, or really anything by Dennis Cooper.

>the rhinoplasty scene in V.

i didnt get nauseated from it but i could feel a tickling sensation on my nose during that scene, like when you bring a sharpened pencil tip very close to your nose without it touching.

That makes it rape asshole.

This.
>the universe and everything therein could possibly be governed by a being so terrible it cannot even be seen or heard directly by mortal man
>the being instead communicates using animals covered in eyeballs and with wings of fire to explain His machinations to mankind
>the being came to earth as a human to kill himself to prove a point about how great He is
>if you don't follow His human form's life to a T you will get assfucked by a giant dragon that will come at the End of Days

>Youngfags who never have watched Chinatown.

Amatuers

a thing that is cruel cannot be God you stupid fucking fag

>when will this atheism meme end?

In your dreams, bitch boy.

statutory rape is still rape fampai

back to /reddit/

Go back to /pol/ - you illiterate cockknocker.

Hello tumblr

>legal definitions being relevant outside of a courtroom
What's it like being autistic?

>tumblr, reddit and /pol/ one after the other
Pottery

>meme magic wasn't a meme

That's what the Egyptian king rationalized before his first born child was murdered by god.

And the best part:
>people think that this being is benevolent and moral in a sense that is not only comprehensible but comforting to them because they refuse to face his true nature out of fear of how he might react