How do I get better at writing?

How do I get better at writing?

I find myself super bad at writing and usually end a sentence with a preposition or misuse semi-colons. What can I do to improve?

Stop ending your sentences with prepositions and misusing semi-colons.

thanks senpai, but is there a technique to fix these habits?

Just ... don't do them. It's a binary choice. If you know you're doing it, stop.

Yeah. You notice when you do it, and you fix that shit

You could try not being a completely useless retarded waste of space

baby steps, user

unrelated, but what word is changed to senpai?

op youll hear a lot of people say that you have to read/write EVERY DAY and do this and do that but honestly just practice at least semi-regularly and youll see a definite improvement. in regards to prepositions, just notice when you do it and restructure the sentences until it becomes natural - basically how youd kick any bad habit

im gay

>what word is changed to senpai?
Senpai is.

Senpai

F a m is changed to senpai

kek

lurk more newfags

senpai test

its not 2007, why dont you go out for some fresh air senpai

Read a lot. Read more than one book at a time--like a chapter of each. Maybe one in the morning and a different one in the evening.

If you're only reading one voice at a time, you'll end up sounding like that voice every time you sit down to write.

Also write everyday. No excuses no exceptions.
Sit down and work on something.
I personally like to have a nonfiction/memoire type piece going as a warm up, since it's generally pretty easy to recount events on paper.

And then I'll move into fiction once I'm warmed up.

holy fuck dude. I think my computer dates never updated since 07. Fucking pirated XP. I've been living off the produce of my weed plants since 2005. I use it to bake bread and inebriate local wildlife. It makes the meat extra juicy. Man, living out in the wilderness is life.

samefag

ahem LURK MOAR, NEWFAG

Hey, I was in a coma for years after this shit.

>How do I get better at writing?

stop writing and start reading

Jesus Christ...

Practice
Makes
Perfect

The only way to get better at writing like most things is to do it. Over and over. As for your grammatical choices. Read The Trivium by Sister Miriam Joseph.

>Russian roulette
>shotgun
well he really was trying to beat the odds huh

He might have been using blanks with a real bullet thrown in. It also depends on what type of shotgun it was - some of them are semiauto.

>usually end a sentence with a preposition
Write in English instead of Latin, problem solved.