Bookshelf

You know the drill.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0316769487/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461536456&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=catcher in the rye&dpPl=1&dpID=51namOub2kL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3/6

4/6
Here is where I start to lose you.

5/6
Downward Spiral.

6/6
Redemption.

Pleb and proud
1/5

Go home Reddit. And Facebook for that matter.

2/5

3/5

My ever expanding unread pile
4/5

The bookcase itself.
5/5

Do people upload their bookshelves on facebook?

They attention whore like crazy over their possessions. I'm sure there are groups on Facebook that do shitpost their book collections.

Never seen anyone with the same version of Ulysses as I have. It's one of the heaviest books per page I've read.

>Carver

Truly the most patrician short-story writer.

>Chomsky

Try to fit the entirety of world tedium into one person - not even that is enough to describe Chomsky the cuck

back to /pol/

very good

i wish my titles were in english and that i had a proper camera, so i could post mine

At school

I especially like your fondness for John Hawkes. Very underrated imho.

I'm jealous of the wide range of great literature you've condensed into a minimal amount of books.

Outside of his work on syntax, Chomsky is utter shit.

Come at me bro.

comfy but unread/10.

stop buying books for display.

>Meer Engelse dan Nederlandse literatuur
NSB-er!

Lighting and editing hides the cracks.

84% of that is read.

I just borrow Dutch books from my parents.

and 3/3 the French nook.

thats a neat hp lovecraft edition

why did you glue your books to the top. holy shit.

That's the most common one. I see it all the time.

What edition of Catcher in the Rye is that? I'm starting to read books in english and I've heard that's a good one, since it's reasonably understandable.

Your books seem untouched, you don't actually read or you're just to careful while you read?

Is that a room full of books or something? It looks clean. What is your camera/phone, btw?

Also would anyone have some reccomendations for me? I've been reading a lot but just translations. My native language is portuguese, btw.

Lol yeah I bought that and the Huck Fin years ago before I knew any better. I read the Huck Fin and it fell apart so I immediately realized my mistake. Good to keep around for the memes though.

recommendations*

I'm careful. But some of those books do have spine creases that didn't show up in the photos.

Just the standard one they sell in every store with the red and whiteish cover.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0316769487/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461536456&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=catcher in the rye&dpPl=1&dpID=51namOub2kL&ref=plSrch

For example.

why are people on Veeky Forums of all places so suspicious of others as not reading their books

it's fucking ludicrous

and why will others go to such lengths to defend themselves by showing how fucked their spines are

kipling, mein nigger

they don't read, so they try to convince themselves others don't either

>84%

Is this an exact value? 84 seems oddly specific.

Page you're on divided by # number of pages in book, not hard to compute.

He was saying that he's read 84% of the books on his shelf, not 84% of a book.

Or at least I think that is what he was saying.

Oh. Still, simple to figure out. I guess he's keeping track.

Looks cozy senpai. Post your reading seat.

>Che Guevara biography

You seem like a puke

maybe he meant 75

Also the fact that most of Veeky Forums behave like autistic toddlers and thus are incapable of doing simple tasks like reading without destroying/ripping/tearing a book.

It's hard to say whether someone's a reader by looking at their book case. I read my books, but I buy them all new, and I tend not to crack my spines. On the other hand, you could have someone who never reads but buys all their books used, and it looks like they've read everything they own.

>such lengths

How tough is everyday life for you?

i've read every one

chomsky is good on 20th century US foreign policy and media complicity and only a neocon or obnoxious contrary wouldn't concede that.

No.

If you truly believe that and aren't just trolling, you're a moron.

>Hard on by Mike Hunt
>Mike Hunt

In that case you go to your second plan of attack: insult their taste.

This user gets it.

Go back to /pol/ - you epic fucking dumbshit.

no fucking way

Just my bedroom. Sony Nex-5R.

I just have a complete excel catalog of all my books.

I'll try to take a good shot of it, it's just a soft lazy sofa with pillows.

Hey Veeky Forums

I have a school assignment where I have to write an essay on a crime novel or a crime short story.

What are some non-peasent crime-novels or crime short stories?

Dürrenmat

My beloved bookshelf. I have many other books, but I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to these.

pleb

The Shadow pulps. You can find them online.

1/3

2/3

it was all good until the last shelf
>country cooking
>mechanics
what the fuck

3/3

It's a Larousse, infidel! I like rustic dishes. The beef cookbook was a gift from veggie gf, and Bouquet de France is a classic gastronomic tour of France.

The math/phys books are refreshers. I'm going back to school this year, and they're related to my hobbies and past work experience.

Mhm, mhm, mhm. Approved! What is your profession?

High schooler. I'm doing philosophy and double english.

sage

Much love to you sir/madam. Make us all proud.

The only books I own are Infinite Jest, Gravity's Rainbow, Ulysses, and Brother's Karamazov

are you a giant?

A gift for you.

>having cookbooks when there is the internet

Man nobody wants your garbage internet recipe! Recipes are valuable because they represent a particular time and place. Most of the past is pre-internet. If all I wanted was some yummy, nutritious food I'd cook that freestyle myself.

Get it together, homeskillet!

you fucking dumb, m8.

Generative grammar is utter bullshit and a joke. Sincerely, every real linguist, ever

>Dave Eggers IJ
dominion imparted

The vanity and pretentiousness of these threads makes me sick into my own scorn

Man, fuck Veeky Forums memes. The Stand and 11/22/63 are pretty good.

how many of them have you actually read

palo alto? really? kill yourself, faggot

cool shelves but drop the whole self depricating faux humbleness bullshit, calling yourself 'pleb and proud' so people will go 'ohh wow hes so cool he reads gaddis and barth but hes so down to earth'

Kinda reddit I know.

>Mao
>Che
>Infinite Jest

Lel, the memes write themselves.

BTFO

1/5

Listen to this user, please.

2/5