Recent purchases

recent purchases

Hope you read all of Barth's first six books

whats the point of this

I've been having trouble finding them family.

How did I do Veeky Forums?

>buying 7 books at once, with 3 of them being doorsteppers
Dumb as fuck.

I'm a collector

2666 will fuck you up

You're a hoarder.

Well I realised that you weren't a reader.

should probably read at least his first three novels before letters because it plays off his already established characters from floating opera, end of the road, sot weed factor, chimera, giles goat boy, and ambrose from the lost in the fun house short stories

lol stfu

pretty good
great film books and a mad underrated kafka novel

i cant imagien anyone giving a fuck about the 'origins of the modern japanese state' but if you're into it well good on you

BOOK HAUL GAISSS XDD

How is The Film Sense?

Look at that asshole peering through bis tiny camera, shut it off

great, you're going to really enjoy it

Have you seen many silent era and classical hollywood movies? If not Deleuze will be very difficult to understand.

Yeah, I am interested in what he has to say about Gance, I have watched both J'accuse and La Roue.

Bought these last weekend. Already reading Dhalgren. Also today I bought the Simulacra by PKD.

Bought Tao the ching by Lao-Tzu

i was going to pick up the first one but the cover is complete garbage.

not judging the book by its cover, i'm sure its great,

Do you buy VHS tapes, too?

What do you guys do if you accidentally purchase a book with pen markings in it? I know many people don't mind it, but the notes are pretty stupid so it's bothering me a bit.

It's only a few pages so I managed to miss it. The store doesn't accept returns, should I try to ask anyways?

your fucking retarded

If it's only a few pages, just deal with it. Who cares? It's a used book, so it's not like it was immaculate in the first place.

My "fucking retarded"?

Invitation to a beheading
The complete short stories of Flannery O'Connor

I recently revisited To Kill A Mockingbird, it was so much better reading it now than when I first read it as a kid. Hope you enjoy it!

Sorry,it's by Laozi
Fucking hell,chinese and their names.

i fucked you're mom

>Want to read Capitalism and Schizophrenia
>For some reason see it plastered all over Veeky Forums
>Want to read Knausgaard's My Struggle because Franzen recommended it
>See it plastered all over Veeky Forums again

Why does this keep happening?

>wordsworth
you sure do love memes, don't you?

Books never become obsolete.

Plebs are always desperate to show off their belongings and be praised for them.

Not readers.

How about you just read the books and stop attention whoring. We get it, you're so smart and deep because you own books. Christ.

As far as I know both are actually accepted transliterations

It's just for fun senpai, chill. Who cares.
Tell me what I should be doing with my life. As far am I'm concerned, it is just about distracting myself from the meaninglessness until I die.

Isn't this a Shinto torii gate?

wat?

:)

Got them a few days ago and already finished The Duel.

Nice! I still got to read Demian.

32 dollars for my receipt. Did I do well?

Been improving my children's literature shelves. I've got Madeline and Edward Eager sets coming next, and also Caps for Sale and some bilingual Japnese ones.

god no. that's way to expensive

>asking for approval
could you be more servile?

I mean, Ocean Sea was 12 dollars, to put it in perspective. And I'd rather my local bookstore not sell me nearly-new books for a dollar a pop, I actually like them being in business.

>Being this obsessed with the master/slave dichotomy
You're not the übermensch, you're on Veeky Forums. Stop trying to pretend you're an alpha and accept the pegging.

yes it is
but lmao desu waito piggu wiru never know >:)

Oh man, and to think I almost went two weeks without jerking off over books I bought.

If only this wasn't a repost.

>Book Five

Five?
There are five fucking books of this now?
One was OK but there is no way on earth anyone needs to read five

There exists a book longer than 2666? Why?

is this meme?

pls respond

2666 isn't even that long pleb

rate my copy of portrait

I love scene girls. that's so 2005

i bet all the pages are stuck together

Fallada is cool, I'm reading Wolf Unter Wölfen right now and can recommend his memoirs in Damals Bei Uns Daheim as well, it's shorter but remind me of Zweig's Welt von Gestern

>buying new books

Why the fuck would you read a fucking novel longer than 1000 pages do you even do anything in life besides reading?

I met Jeff Vandermeer once. I got him to sign my book but I haven't read it yet. It was kind of scary talking to a famous (for lit) person. I asked him a question about writing.

I don't think I've ever read a book quite like Ada.

>caps for sale

Do you remember Cappy and his threads?

>$32 buying 6 new books
>tfw $32 canadian only buys 2 maybe 3 new books
>average used store price is $8 per

You aren't actually mad

It's always worth checking out antiquaries or finding out if your university/faculty's giving away books for whatever reasons
I start feeling increasingly fucked up the ass if I'm forced to pay more than like a dollar or two per book

Of course, caps was the Russian lit to my Japanese lit.

It seems like he still logs in to Goodreads, just hasn't updated anything he's read in years. Wonder what happened.

>putting sartre and celine in same stack

way to dishonor people, fag

They're incredibly cheap and you can get all the great classics in the best translations/editions for no money.

The Great Gatsby sucks ass though. Shouldn't be there.

>Alltime Hard
>Midnight Plowboy

Audible kek

comfy af

Ayy yo holup

the local thrift stor has a bunch of past Paris review issues. should I get them? they are around the 2000's and 2 dollars a pop, buy two get one free. are they worth it? it's lie 10 of them.

>lermontov
you're in for a treat

17 year old detected

Just got them today.
How did I do?

You buy 6 and get 3 free, it's just $12... Do it

How'd I do? Find this at the public library for $7

Kinda jealous of the hardcover Gaddis.

How'd I do? Also, what am I in for with Huysmans?

bloody nice lot there

ya done well lad

Yeah I was pretty excited to spot such a high quality meme at such a low price. 2 bucks for that

is that a girl?

>current year
>purchase