So which is it, Veeky Forums?

I've had teachers who disagreed on this. Is it simply a matter of personal preference?

bump

One. Have you ever seen anyone use two? I haven't

Old school typing taught us two spaces, modern publishing uses one. I type two out of habit and then go back and fix it later in editing. I am almost 39.

Two is like some montessori school shit or something, fuck that

Two spaces if you’re using a typewriter, but any good text processor does it automatically.

only old people do this
it is laughed at by all right-thinking people

If you're browsing Veeky Forums at 39 the nuances of typing convention are really the least of your worries.

>implying based montessori isn't the superior method of education
either way I just use 1 and no one cares

Its the only place that talks about my favorite author. And my name pops up from time to time here.

Are you Water?

If you give a plant too much it ded

Zadie Smith detected

???

Ok, I must admit you made me search through Wikipedia's list of authors to find one born 1977.
John Green

Give me money or I'll fucking kill you!

My name is closely associated with a meme author here. Otherwise it is obscure and as far as I know not on wikipedia. I am far more intellectual than John Green, but probably shorter.

Link to one of your books and I'll buy one, right hand to God.

notice me senpai

You're Zadie Smith.

he's one of tao's stupid friends

Yep you know

Nope

A fucking retarded thing to cling to. In the past, it made sense but modern typefaces account for this . If you are putting in two space, you are intentionally breaking the intended appearance of whatever typeface you are using.

This is the dumbest thing I read here consistently.
>u2 Ole to us th the internet!

Newfag convinced he will soon be too much of an adult for literature discussion because his children would question him about the anime banners at the top of the screen
They'll learn... We're here forever